• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer EEE points on resale

chanakya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of closing a HPP week resale. Hyatt has waived ROFR, and docs are being sent to county clerk to record the deed.

The current owner has 2000 EEE points associated with this HPP week that will expire in two months from now.

As part of the sale, we agreed he would transfer them to me (new owner).

I called 1-800-go-hyatt number. They said these EEE points will be forfeited even if deed is registered before they expire, and therefore will not transfer to me.

The agent suggested making reservations through interval before the deed is transferred, and adding eplus to those reservations. That would allow those reservations to live past the resale, and allow me to use them as guest.

For me to make those reservations, and retrade them, they suggested that the current owner can add me as an authorized user to their interval account (the current owner has only one Hyatt week that they are selling to me, so this may not be a problem).

Do all this make sense w.r.t EEE points transfer on resale? Is there any other easier alternative?

Thanks!

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
I just closed on a Hyatt timeshare and the prior owner had unused EEE points that expire this April. The points transferred over to my account upon Hyatt completing the transfer. However, it took approximately two months for Hyatt to transfer the property over to me and that was in addition to a week or two for the deed to get recorded. I think what they are telling you is that you will likely run out of time and the points will expire before the transfer occurs. The suggestion they are making should allow you to utilize the EEE points through Interval. By booking a property the maximum period out in Interval and purchasing the ePlus before the booking, you are allowed to change the date (not sure about the location) several times. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable and experienced members on here can offer their insights.

chanakya

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is helpful to know that EEE points transferred. Thanks!

I double-checked, but the agent was clear in stating that EEE points won't transfer even if deed gets recorded before points expiry date. It might be just that one agent.

In any case, like you also point out, I'll probably run out of time. So it sounds like the only safer option is to take the approach you and they are advising me to do, which is to reserve through current owner's account.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received EEE points on two resales I got - but it was small amounts each time. It sounds like they don't want you to get the 2000 points.

Based on what they are telling you, I personally would have the owner make reservations for you. I do question whether you could use EPlus after the transfer but if they say you can I would do it.

Hopefully you can find a book a few trips you want.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
I have received EEE points on two resales I got - but it was small amounts each time. It sounds like they don't want you to get the 2000 points.

Based on what they are telling you, I personally would have the owner make reservations for you. I do question whether you could use EPlus after the transfer but if they say you can I would do it.

Hopefully you can find a book a few trips you want.
I had 1,715 of EEE points just transfer in my resale purchase completed 2 weeks ago.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
EEE Points will transfer if the owner owns a single week.

If the owner owns multiple weeks they will stay with the owner.

I don't know of a scenario where they are lost unless the points expire before the transfer is complete.

The danger of extending with eplus is the following:
1) Interval reservations do not transfer.
2) I don't know what happens to the interval account after the owner sells their last week. It is possible the owner would lose access to change the reservation in eplus.
3) Because the owner keeps the reservation on their interval account, you would have to work closely with the owner to eplus into something that you actually want to use and then have them set up a Guest Certificate.

Most (not all) of the owners looking to sell their weeks typically didn't use their week, and so getting them to do anything after the sale could be painful at best.

chanakya

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the responseI got from HVOtransfer:

"Yes, CUP and EEE points will transfer to the new owner/account.

The reservations made through Interval will not transfer to the new owner/account."

They didn't say that the current owner should have only one week. It is possible they were not precise about it.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The reservations made through Interval will not transfer to the new owner/account."

That is why you need a Guest Certificate. This will allow you to check in with a reservation made by somebody else.

Since the points are expiring soon, it would be wise to make a reservation (or multiple) and get Guest Certicates. Whether you want to try the EPlus is another story. In theory, even if the owner does not have another Hyatt ownership, his Interval account should stay active the rest of the year and he could change it. But I would post questions on the Interval Board if I was going to try this.

I would feel comfortable with reservations having a GC.

Last edited:

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just closed on a Hyatt timeshare and the prior owner had unused EEE points that expire this April. The points transferred over to my account upon Hyatt completing the transfer. However, it took approximately two months for Hyatt to transfer the property over to me and that was in addition to a week or two for the deed to get recorded. I think what they are telling you is that you will likely run out of time and the points will expire before the transfer occurs. The suggestion they are making should allow you to utilize the EEE points through Interval. By booking a property the maximum period out in Interval and purchasing the ePlus before the booking, you are allowed to change the date (not sure about the location) several times. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable and experienced members on here can offer their insights.
We recently purchased a unit that came with some EEE points which were to expire before the unit was transferred in to our account. The former owner made some reservations for us using the points and we paid for guest certificates to be put into our names. However, e-plus will not work unless the former owner is willing to make any future changes that you might want to make because the unit was in the former owners name when the reservations were made. Those reservations were made by the former owner and only he can change them. Sooo, pick destinations and times that you really want to go.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
HRC or HPC?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I wonder if HPC is different with EEE. They are very restrictive. I also go 1880 EEE with a HRC resale.