• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trader Joe's 2010 favorite products list

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
click on the picture for the link to the pdf

Which are your favorites? We do the frozen mandarin chicken, gyoza, breads (olive rosemary, not sourdough), olive oils, mahi mahi, and bruschetta.

Some of the items on the list I won't get because if I start getting them I don't think I will be able to stop. Take mochi, for example (even though it's surprisingly not on the list). It took me a long time to be able to pass by the frozen food area without grabbing mochi. And you can't get just one mochi box, because sometimes the one box didn't make it home. (Which meant I had to hide the evidence.)

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My favs

click on the picture for the link to the pdf

Which are your favorites? We do the frozen mandarin chicken, gyoza, breads (olive rosemary, not sourdough), olive oils, mahi mahi, and bruschetta.

Some of the items on the list I won't get because if I start getting them I don't think I will be able to stop. Take mochi, for example (even though it's surprisingly not on the list). It took me a long time to be able to pass by the frozen food area without grabbing mochi. And you can't get just one mochi box, because sometimes the one box didn't make it home. (Which meant I had to hide the evidence.)

Chimichurri rice and also fish seasoned that way; chili rellenos; dry roasted sliced almonds for salads; their cheap wine; butternut squash soup in a box; soy cremi cherry choc chip ice cream (yum); edamane and a lot more :cheer:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Boy! What a timely tread. We will be in Redmond (yup, right nearby, Steve), and the SIL says they have a brand new TJ's. I knew I would be stocking up on 3 Buck Chuck anyway. Other recommendations are welcome. I'll need to weigh down the sleigh after unloading it at the grandkids' anyway.

Jim Ricks

kwilson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think wine should be on the list. That's something I buy because it's cheap. Not because it compares with better wines.
My favorite is the frozen carne asada.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't think they even sell mochi in the eastern half of the US.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I must be the queen of frozen foods! Here's a typical Trader Joe list for us:

Go Raw Trek Mix (best munchie food)
Crystal Vitamin C
Amazon Frosted Flakes
frozen: French cut thin green beans
Spanakopeta
Mushroom Turnovers
Frozen Halibut
Mochi (as Steve says - need more than one)
chicken curry stix (appetizers)
indiv meals: Indian chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, spinach etc.
Naan
Pasta alfredo, and pasta with mushrooms (takes about 3 minutes to cook)
chocolate creme brulees
peppermint Jo-jo's
deli ham with the rosemary edge for girls' lunches
trader joe's scalloped potatoes
tuna
Stacy's pita chips with garlic/parmesan

...good thing I already ate lunch!

Ginny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to give a shout out for the Chicken Tikka Masala and Paneer Tikka Masala! Both are excellent. The curry is mild with just enough heat to make it tasty. I think it is as good as you get in a restaurant.

The chocolate croissants are good. Half the experience is the wonderful smell while they are baking.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
mochi question

I don't think they even sell mochi in the eastern half of the US.

what is it? And on the comment to disregard the cheap wine -- it is quite good and comparable to some that are more expensive!!!

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve, I got the Trader Joe's Favorite's list today, but I haven't opened it, because I knew I'd start craving again. I thought I was safe, and then there it was on Tug. I had to read the discussion and then look at the list. Aargh!
I love the 2 Buck Chuck, and think it's as good as many more expensive wines. Of course, I have simple tastes. ;)
We loved the dark chocolate peanut butter cups. At least, I think we did. They disappeared so quickly, we must have. ;)
Olive oils, wasabi mayo, frozen Mahi-mahi, stuffed salmon , Orange chicken, steel cut oatmeal..... the list is endless. Then I go there, and forget half of what I wanted to get. I do have a lovely looking little stuffed pork loin roast in the freezer, though. Ahhhh!

Merry Christmas everyone!...belated Happy Hanukkah, and whatever else.... Joy to the world!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here, we're not lucky enough to have a TJ's here in this area and I'm also wondering what mochi is.

What interests me is the frozen green beans. I would typically say 'Yuck' as we grow our own and can them and aren't too fond of frozen. But I've seen it on a popular TJ list before and have a friend in CA who just loves them.

Took hubby through TJs on a t/s visit in Bend, OR a year ago and we had a blast. I envy those of you who have these stores in your area.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're getting a TJ in 2011!

And I'm so excited reading these lists!

Are most of these frozen dinners? The new store will be less than 10 minutes from my house so this will make some great additions to my dinner menus.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a few of our favs that haven't been mentioned:

barbeque chips
garlic aoli mustard
sea salt grinder $1.99
pepper grinder $1.99 (what's not to love about those prices)
Trader Joes dark choc. truffle bar (with or without almonds)
green salsa (tiny little plastic container--its fresh--yummy)
nuts (very reasonable prices)
Tea Tree shampoo
white pomegrant tea

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
what is it? And on the comment to disregard the cheap wine -- it is quite good and comparable to some that are more expensive!!!

On mochi, Wikipedia says it better than I can:
"Mochi (Japanese: 餅) is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into paste and molded into shape."

I've actually never tried it, but I've seen it sold in several stores around here (but not Trader Joe's.) There seem to be sweet and non-sweet varieties, as well as ones made with other grains as well as rice.

As for Trader Joe's cheap wine -- we are lucky here in MI that the laws allow Trader Joe's to sell wine. But the "2 Buck Chuck" costs 3 bucks here! (If you don't know, "2 Buck Chuck" is TJ's cheap wine. It is "Charles Shaw" brand and sells for 2 dollars in CA, hence the name.)

Trader Joe's just came to Ann Arbor a couple of years ago, and now I can't imagine life without it.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On mochi, Wikipedia says it better than I can:
"Mochi (Japanese: 餅) is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into paste and molded into shape."

I've actually never tried it, but I've seen it sold in several stores around here (but not Trader Joe's.) There seem to be sweet and non-sweet varieties, as well as ones made with other grains as well as rice.

the Trader Joe's mochi is wrapped around ice cream - it's a frozen confection. The rice wrapper keeps the ice cream from melting while you eat it.

Essentially, it's ice cream as finger food. A most dangerous concept!!!!

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wished we had one close to our home. That would be a good Christmas gift for them to build one close and for Tennessee to allow wine sales in grocery stores.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vegetable Samosas ! Yummy!! the Biryani Rice !
Cookies : the Druid Circles
Olive Oil
nuts

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
May I add these two (2) items that are not on the list: Trader Joe's Scallops Wrapped in Uncured Bacon with Brown Sugar Glaze and Trader Joe's Butcher Shop Boneless Beef Rib Eye Steak and their Filet Migon Steaks.

Last edited:

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here, we're not lucky enough to have a TJ's here in this area and I'm also wondering what mochi is.

What interests me is the frozen green beans. I would typically say 'Yuck' as we grow our own and can them and aren't too fond of frozen. But I've seen it on a popular TJ list before and have a friend in CA who just loves them.

Took hubby through TJs on a t/s visit in Bend, OR a year ago and we had a blast. I envy those of you who have these stores in your area.

Steve described the mochi pretty well. My girls love the fact that they can eat ice cream with their hands! I think they have these flavors: chocolate, tea, mango and strawberry. All are very good.

I prefer fresh from the garden green beans as well. I also don't like beans that have "strings" or are too big and tough. These are very thin and long, and kind of "flash" frozen, so they really seem close to fresh once cooked. They only take about 5-7 minutes to steam (don't overcook), or you can add them in to whatever you are cooking. I like to add them to casseroles or Annie's hamburger meals cooked on the stove.