• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Titanium [Bonvoy/Marriott Int'l] cancellations window

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
I was told by the titanium line that titanium cancellation is 24 hrs. I can not find this in writing. Can someone tell me where to find this… in writing

chris5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't found anything in writing but was told by the Titanium call line that Titanium Elite status allows one to cancel a reservation the day of check-in. We changed a reservation within 24 hours of check-in, effectively cancelling that reservation, and changing the check-in date and check-out dates for a 15 night stay we arranged for our son and his family on Bonvoy points at a Residence Inn. The call line was incredibly helpful; the initial email confirmation for the reservation said we could cancel or modify 2 days prior to check-in (and we were already pass that date when we changed the reservation with the call line).

Another thing that isn't mentioned in writing anywhere I could find is that I was able to book this reservation in the name of my son and his wife on Bonvoy points. In the past, when booking for someone else using points, I had to go through some additional procedures as I recall. In this recent case, I just booked the reservation over the Titanium call line in the name of my guests, who were also able to use my status for an upgrade. This was an emergency situtation for us and it worked out well for us.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
O
I haven't found anything in writing but was told by the Titanium call line that Titanium Elite status allows one to cancel a reservation the day of check-in. We changed a reservation within 24 hours of check-in, effectively cancelling that reservation, and changing the check-in date and check-out dates for a 15 night stay we arranged for our son and his family on Bonvoy points at a Residence Inn. The call line was incredibly helpful; the initial email confirmation for the reservation said we could cancel or modify 2 days prior to check-in (and we were already pass that date when we changed the reservation with the call line).

Another thing that isn't mentioned in writing anywhere I could find is that I was able to book this reservation in the name of my son and his wife on Bonvoy points. In the past, when booking for someone else using points, I had to go through some additional procedures as I recall. In this recent case, I just booked the reservation over the Titanium call line in the name of my guests, who were also able to use my status for an upgrade. This was an emergency situtation for us and it worked out well for us.
Ok thanks! It was the titanium line who told me that but I just wanted to confirm!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is an unwritten benefit that works 90% of the time. There are some foreign resort that will not honor it. But once all the usual blogs start posting, it too will disappear like all the other unwritten benefits because people will start abusing it and then yelling at customer service.

tL;Dr It is not a written benefit but something they will often do.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points

I did the same recently. I booked a room for my son and daughter in law using my Bonvoy points. I had booked a room online but was unable to change his name. When I called to add his name I was told I had to cancel that reservation and make a new one. His name is on the reservation, but it still has my name on it as well since he's using my points. I was able to put in a suite upgrade request too.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
800-845-4226

That's the number for MVC Owner Services.

Titanium is a Bonvoy status tier; here's the Loyalty Program-Contact Us link from marriott.com. It notes, "For faster service, please call from the phone number listed in your account." (bolding mine) because if the system recognizes your phone number then it will route you to the proper line.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Titanium is a Bonvoy status tier; here's the Loyalty Program-Contact Us link from marriott.com. It notes, "For faster service, please call from the phone number listed in your account." (bolding mine) because if the system recognizes your phone number then it will route you to the proper line.

And for me, this works beautifully. Important to call from the right number. So many posts in the last year over hold times, and I never ever hold.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And for me, this works beautifully. Important to call from the right number. So many posts in the last year over hold times, and I never ever hold.
I can’t be absolutely sure, but I don't believe there is a Titanium line # in Cork for European MVC Owners?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I can’t be absolutely sure, but I don't believe there is a Titanium line # in Cork for European MVC Owners?
There shouldn't be because Titanium Bonvoy status means absolutely nothing with respect to the timeshares (other than status earnings/credits during timeshare stays.) There also isn't a US Titanium line for US MVC owners.

But the marriott.com Contact Us info linked in Post #11 above does have a phone number for European Bonvoy members. :)

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yup, you're right. Too fast on the keyboard. Thanks for catching it!