• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare cancellation

timmaggie53

Reaction score
We signed a contract on May 19th but decided to cancel it. We mailed a cancellation request letter on May 21st. It was delivered on May 25th. I did not include my phone number or email in the letter and I did not save a copy of the signed letter. Will this be an issue? I have a draft copy of the letter along with proof of mailing and confirmation. I am still within the ten days, should I send another letter with the missing info and keep a copy of the signed letter?
Thank yoi

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
While this is not absolutely necessary, you can do that if it makes you feel better. They do not need to contact you. BTW, there already have your email and phone number during the contract sale. You only need to include all relevant information as stated in the cancellation clause. This are usually
1. Unit/resort you bought.
2. Contract number
3. Date and location where the contract was signed (this may be optional)
4. Everyone who signed the original contract must sign the recision letter (this is NOT optional)
5. Any other information as required on the recision clause.

You will only need a copy of the signed letter if the resort did not cancel it.

Last edited:

timmaggie53

Reaction score
While this is not absolutely necessary, you can do that if it makes you feel better. They do not need to contact you. BTW, there already have your email and phone number during the contract sale. You only need to include all relevant information as stated in the cancellation clause. This are usually
2. Contract number
4. Everyone who signed the original contract must sign the recision letter (this is NOT optional)

You will only need a copy of the letter

Thank you for responding. I wasnt sure if I needed a copy of the signed version. I was still at the resort and i didnt think to take a picture of the signed letter. I didnt include my email or phone number because I figured they had the info but everything g I've read has said to include that info. I just don't want them to say something was missing. I was also planning on calling them but from what I've read, that isn't a good idea?
2. Contract number

You will only need a copy of the letter

timmaggie53

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I wasnt sure if I needed a copy of the signed version. I was still at the resort and i didnt think to take a picture of the signed letter. I didnt include my email or phone number because I figured they had the info but everything g I've read has said to include that info. I just don't want them to say something was missing. I was also planning on calling them but from what I've read, that isn't a good idea?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Most people here say not to call, as they convinced you to buy once, they could do it again. What developer did you buy from? Does your rescission allow notice by email?

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
No need to call them either. And yes, I would say absolutely do not call. The call will only result in another sales pitch. This time for an even "better deal" than the one you bought. That "better deal" is still bad for you. So don't do it.
Post #5 asked a good question. Was more than one route offered for the recision? Such as emailing them? If yes, fo ahead and do that too.
Edit: apologies I did not complete the last two lines of initial post. I was going to say a copy of the signed letter is good to have in the event you have to fight the resort of the so not cancel it. For example, if a credit card was used, You will need to show that to your credit card to get a charge back.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We signed a contract on May 19th but decided to cancel it. We mailed a cancellation request letter on May 21st. It was delivered on May 25th. I did not include my phone number or email in the letter and I did not save a copy of the signed letter. Will this be an issue? I have a draft copy of the letter along with proof of mailing and confirmation. I am still within the ten days, should I send another letter with the missing info and keep a copy of the signed letter?
Thank yoi

Good move to cancel.... Now what Resort were you buying at, and how much was your purchase price? TUG tracks the rescission savings.....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on rescinding your timeshare and saving a fortune!

hope you wind up buying resale and enjoying many years of vacations with the money you saved!

timmaggie53

Reaction score
I ended up sending another letter but it wasn't necessary as they refunded our money yesterday. The price was $10k. I did like the idea of it so I will def look into buying resale. Any tips?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up sending another letter but it wasn't necessary as they refunded our money yesterday. The price was $10k. I did like the idea of it so I will def look into buying resale. Any tips?

First tip is to becoming a TUG Member for $15 and gather as much knowledge as you can. Click on the blue line above where it says "Join TUG".

Good luck!