• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 13 Most Iconic Car Designs of All Time

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
THIS:
436-a-wikov-35-kapka.jpg

Over this:
roa090117dpt-boot-swcnew1-1501000341.jpg

Or this:
1967-Toyota-2000GT-28a-Kevin-Van-Campenhout-Courtesy-of-RM-Sothebys-1600x1200.jpg

????

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
There are some wonderful cars listed there. I was surpised to see the Fiat 850 Spider, although at the time it was very much considered stylish. i had just graduated from university and started my career. I almost bought a late 1972 model, but they had been getting a bad reputation for quickly rusting out in Canadian winters. A friend who did buy one experienced exactly that!

I couldn't afford the hot-looking Datsun 240Z!! The acronym at the time represented by Fiat was 'Fix It Again Tony'!!

I instead bought a 1973 German-built Ford Capri V6, sold under the Mercury brand in North America. Another nicely styled and peppy little sports coupe. I loved that car and had a lot of fun in it. A nice trip down memory lane!

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm thinking 72 Riviera should have made the list.

Bill

1696052200904.png

Reaction score
My dad (1934-2022) sold cars between the early 1960s until retiring in 2016 due to Wet-AMD (Age-related Macular Degeneration). He worked at Don Yenko Chevrolet in Cannonsburg PA in the late 1960s, DY is famous for his muscle car mods on Chevelles and Camaros (an original Yenko Camaro or Chevelle in showroom condition can fetch up to $300,000 at auction). Anyway, he owned a dealership in Kent OH in the late 1970s, his mechanics would take a Jaguar like the ones above, remove the junk engines, and replace them with "crate" GM engines. They fit with few modifications needed, and were faster.

TS

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
My dad (1934-2022) sold cars between the early 1960s until retiring in 2016 due to Wet-AMD (Age-related Macular Degeneration). He worked at Don Yenko Chevrolet in Cannonsburg PA in the late 1960s, DY is famous for his muscle car mods on Chevelles and Camaros (an original Yenko Camaro or Chevelle in showroom condition can fetch up to $300,000 at auction). Anyway, he owned a dealership in Kent OH in the late 1970s, his mechanics would take a Jaguar like the ones above, remove the junk engines, and replace them with "crate" GM engines. They fit with few modifications needed, and were faster.

TS
Don Yenko was legendary. Growing up in Chicago, there were two performance powerhouses:
  • Nickey Chevrolet
  • "Mr Norm's" Grand Spaulding Dodge
I still remember the drag race commercials all during the summers on WLS listening to top 40 Rock.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
My first car must have been #14 on the list.
IMG_6751.jpeg

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked my first car, a 1970 Plymouth Duster. It was comfortable, practical, had an easily accessible slant 6 engine, good gas mileage, and had a cool decal on it.

Note: Mine wasn't the 340.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I had a 73 Mercedes 450SL and a 81 Mazda RX7.

I had a 2007 Mercedes CLS550 which created the concept of the 4 door coupe and was much copied.

I’d prefer the C2 or C3 Corvette generations over the mid 50s models.

My 2023 Corvette convertible still leaves people slack-jawed.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had all sorts of RX7 models over the years
It was my favorite sports car ever
I will still have one if I could have found Electronic Control Modules in the aftermartket
ECMs were the Achilles heal of many great 80's and 90's automobiles
ECMs from the manufactures cost more than a car was valued at
They failed on a regular basis
Corvettes and Detroit Big Iron was fun, but were not great all around handlers IMHO