• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 10 best Bill Murray characters ranked from worst to best

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
They didn’t even spell his name right. It’s Dr. Peter Venkman not Venkin. I cannot trust a list that doesn’t even spell one of the most notorious character names correctly.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Bob ("What About Bob") and Tripper ("Meatballs") both deserve to be higher!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Bob ("What About Bob") and Tripper ("Meatballs") both deserve to be higher!
I thought the same thing! Although I’m quite ok with Frank Cross and Phil Connors spots

I’d put Bob at 6

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This is just an author making up a list. Not any different than your neighbor telling you his top ten.

As @CPNY says, how can we trust anything he writes when Venkman isn’t even spelled correctly?

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill Murray's role as Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters is my top pick. I loved that movie, our kids loved it and our 3 year-old twin grandchildren love it. Their birthday is on Wednesday (same day as mine) and I was able to pick up 3 12- inch
Ghostbuster dolls and 2 action figures at Ollie's. They were over the moon when they unwrapped them!

As an aside, Years ago, we were at a spring training game in Fort Myers to watch the Minnesota Twins. As we walked to the snackbar, there was Bill Murray! He was so relaxed, enjoying the game with friends. He was kind enough to chat with our son, who was probably 8 years old. It was a cool day and DS was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. Bill Murray called him a hooded monster! That day was the highlight of the trip!

Dori

Reactions: RX8

ambere

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk/Hyatt
Palm Springs Tennis Club (2-bedroom Wimbledon) - 2 units
Lagonita Lodge (4 units: Christmas week, New Year's Week, 2-bdrm Lakefront, 3-bdrm Bear Peak)
I'm pleasantly surprised Lost in Translation was so high. I can watch Groundhog Day every time I see it. Although those are all classics!

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised Lost in Translation was so high. I can watch Groundhog Day every time I see it. Although those are all classics!
I really liked Lost in Translation. It demonstrated his skills as an actor in more serious roles. My brother's son and daughter when to Charleston University and he frequently saw Bill Murray in Charleston. His son also coached at Xavier in Cincinnati and would occasionally attend games. He's a really nice guy and very down to earth.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
St. Vincent should be on the list...the final scene when he is in his backyard is epic Bill

Last edited:

jorcus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the Movie Ed Wood, Bill Murry's Bunny Breckinridge is one of the many great parts in that movie. As far as I can tell almost everything that went on in that movie was true.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Bill Murray's role as Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters is my top pick. I loved that movie, our kids loved it and our 3 year-old twin grandchildren love it. Their birthday is on Wednesday (same day as mine) and I was able to pick up 3 12- inch
Ghostbuster dolls and 2 action figures at Ollie's. They were over the moon when they unwrapped them!

As an aside, Years ago, we were at a spring training game in Fort Myers to watch the Minnesota Twins. As we walked to the snackbar, there was Bill Murray! He was so relaxed, enjoying the game with friends. He was kind enough to chat with our son, who was probably 8 years old. It was a cool day and DS was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. Bill Murray called him a hooded monster! That day was the highlight of the trip!

Dori
Bill Murray has a home in Charleston and is part-owner of the Charleston River Dogs baseball team along with other teams his group own. Many people have experiences with Murray in Charleston. As you found, he is an approachable guy and I'm so glad that your son had that experience. Here he mainly loves to photo bomb tourists' photo shoots.

I've had my own Charleston Murray experience. I was a docent in a home during the Historic Foundation's Annual Tour of Homes. I learned later that the home was owned by a family who are also team owners with Murray. The tours started at the front door of the house. I was assigned the kitchen and breakfast/sitting room. As I was giving my speech to a group, a scruffy looking man in jeans, t-shirt, and baseball cap pulled down opened the back door and stumbled in. Only I could see him at that point. He walked behind a partition wall of bookcases into the galley kitchen, opened the refrigerator, got out a beer and walked out right by me and my group and headed towards the next room. He paused to turn around and grin at us. Honestly, I don't think anyone recognized him. There was no excited chatter amongst the group. I knew that he was a celebrity and that I knew his name and as I was mulling that over my daughter, who had the next room, ran in to tell me. Later, when there was no one in my room he came back in, walked straight up to me and tapped my chest just below my neck and said, "I like your top!" ( I was wearing a black sweater with a bold white flower on the front.) He walked over to the back door, turned and told me that earlier he had thrown a book to a woman waiting outside and asked if I thought she'd give it back to him. I told him if it was me, I wouldn't. He laughed and stumbled out the door. The man was "three sheets to the wind."