• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank you TUG!!! Just saved me 52k

Scott-NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you and all of the members here for sharing all of their knowledge. While staying at the Marriot Mountainside in Park City, my wife and I decided to purchase into the MVC. Later last night I stumbled into one of the videos on YouTube about the MVC. I watched the video and found the link for TUG. So glad that I did. I will be sending my rescind letter tomorrow once I arrive back home. We were purchasing 4k points for 52K and realized that I couldn’t even get the weeks or the rooms we wanted at out favorite destinations. I will be looking into a resale of Platinum week for Park City Mountainside instead.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great decision--as long as you are still within your rescission period. Read and research here, and then enjoy your resale! :)
@Grammarhero

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Utah allows 5 business days to rescind! Don’t delay get that certified letter in the mail ASAP!

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Utah allows 5 business days to rescind! Don’t delay get that certified letter in the mail ASAP!
The purchase contract in Park City says you have 10 days, and that would be the controlling document. I know because I bought points there this summer and then rescinded successfully on day 8.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thank you and all of the members here for sharing all of their knowledge. While staying at the Marriot Mountainside in Park City, my wife and I decided to purchase into the MVC. Later last night I stumbled into one of the videos on YouTube about the MVC. I watched the video and found the link for TUG. So glad that I did. I will be sending my rescind letter tomorrow once I arrive back home. We were purchasing 4k points for 52K and realized that I couldn’t even get the weeks or the rooms we wanted at out favorite destinations. I will be looking into a resale of Platinum week for Park City Mountainside instead.
Make sure that whoever signed the contract signed the rescission letter. Congrats!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
very happy you found us in time to save a huge chunk of change!

so much money you can turn into incredible vacations instead!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The purchase contract in Park City says you have 10 days, and that would be the controlling document. I know because I bought points there this summer and then rescinded successfully on day 8.
I beleive because MVC points are recorded in Orange COunty Florida, they have the 10 day rescission. The trust is also recorded in Florida. So it doesn't seem to matter where you buy Trust points, they would all be covered by the 10 day rescission period.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow amazing. You likely saved $30k +. If you're buying prime legacy ski week 2BDRM I assume the resale cost is approx $20k so that still comes with a big price tag but overall a much better value with much less risk. I own 32 Marriott legacy weeks and to me strong legacy weeks bought resale are absolutely the best bang for your buck. Legacy weeks are easier to secure (but not always easy) prime weeks, and if bought resale these prime legacy weeks maintain their resale value for the most part, so there isn't much risk in buying one compared to full freight points purchase where its like buying a brand new car and losing significant value by just driving it off the lot.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
if bought resale these prime legacy weeks maintain their resale value for the most part, so there isn't much risk in buying one compared to full freight points purchase where its like buying a brand new car and losing significant value by just driving it off the lot.

You're being too generous here with the car analogy. The loss on a new car is about 40%-45% after 3 years, and much less (~10%) if you were to sell it 10 days after you drove it off the lot.

As for Abound points, with "full freight" points the loss is more like 80% after 10 days. In fact, you would also lose 50%, or possibly more, with resale points thanks to the "initiation fee". One one more argument favoring legacy weeks...

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Wow amazing. You likely saved $30k +. If you're buying prime legacy ski week 2BDRM I assume the resale cost is approx $20k so that still comes with a big price tag but overall a much better value with much less risk. I own 32 Marriott legacy weeks and to me strong legacy weeks bought resale are absolutely the best bang for your buck. Legacy weeks are easier to secure (but not always easy) prime weeks, and if bought resale these prime legacy weeks maintain their resale value for the most part, so there isn't much risk in buying one compared to full freight points purchase where its like buying a brand new car and losing significant value by just driving it off the lot.
Your Maintenance fees on 32 weeks is like buying a new car annually. Of course if you’re renting half and getting enough to cover all of the fees then that’s not so bad.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your Maintenance fees on 32 weeks is like buying a new car annually. Of course if you’re renting half and getting enough to cover all of the fees then that’s not so bad.
My MFs in 2023 with my recently purchased 3BDRM Westin St John and 3BDRM Maui now exceed $75k! I will receive 450k Bonvoy points just for paying my MFs every year. That's like a big discount in the form of air and room certificates.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were purchasing 4k points for 52K and realized that I couldn’t even get the weeks or the rooms we wanted at out favorite destinations.
First of all, good for you for finding TUG in time to rescind. Now, just a couple of questions out of curiosity. What did the sales people tell you that convinced you that the product you bought was worth at least $52,000? Assuming that you do/did not have $52,000 in your pocket to burn, how did you come up with $52,000 (IOW, was there some sort of finance offer)?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
My MFs in 2023 with my recently purchased 3BDRM Westin St John and 3BDRM Maui now exceed $75k! I will receive 450k Bonvoy points just for paying my MFs every year. That's like a big discount in the form of air and room certificates.

Wow. I thought mine was bad at $12k this year!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I'll trade you maintenance fee bills gladly ;)

Herb51

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club Aruba
Marriott Ocean Pointe West Palm Beach
What is recission period? We too purchased 1K points for 15,000 and now wish we could get out of it. My husband has health issues. Our closing date was December 26th and we think it is too late.

Herb51

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club Aruba
Marriott Ocean Pointe West Palm Beach

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
What is recission period? We too purchased 1K points for 15,000 and now wish we could get out of it. My husband has health issues. Our closing date was December 26th and we think it is too late.
No state has rescission laws going back 3+ weeks. I am afraid you are way too late.

Scott-NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Sent email and letter on Monday the 23rd 5 days after contract signed. Got confirmation right away of receipt and was called the next day by the salesperson who was not happy. But all in all contract cancelled and awaiting my deposit back which should be any day now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So inappropriate for the salesperson to call you. There is no law against a call, but still it would not be appreciated by me, that's for sure. An ebay timeshare reseller names tochoa25 had a 2 bedroom lockoff at Summit Watch that he started out asking maybe $39,000 for, and the price went down every few weeks until he finally sold it. It's not a cheap property, but I considered buying it because I knew I could rent it for a profit. It's a rare thing to see, but that one was about five months ago.
Thank you everyone. Sent email and letter on Monday the 23rd 5 days after contract signed. Got confirmation right away of receipt and was called the next day by the salesperson who was not happy. But all in all contract cancelled and awaiting my deposit back which should be any day now.

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
This thread made my day. Thank you.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So inappropriate for the salesperson to call you. There is no law against a call, but still it would not be appreciated by me, that's for sure. An ebay timeshare reseller names tochoa25 had a 2 bedroom lockoff at Summit Watch that he started out asking maybe $39,000 for, and the price went down every few weeks until he finally sold it. It's not a cheap property, but I considered buying it because I knew I could rent it for a profit. It's a rare thing to see, but that one was about five months ago.
I guess Mr tocha25 doesn't trust the auction process anymore?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Indeed it is now too late. With that said make the best of them by either selling them, renting them or using them. Check the Vacation Point Exchange website below;

www.VacationPointExchange.com

Also, you may want to consider using your points to reserve juicy, desirable weeks and renting those weeks for top dollar using Redweek. www.Redweek.com

Best of luck.

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had much the same experience with a legacy week in HH some years back. We went to HH on a sales promotion and had to attend a presentation. It was a hard sell effort. We are a hard no couple the saleswoman was frustrated and practically under her breath mentioned resale weeks while she was breaking down numbers on the board. I caught the comment. We signed to get all the books and resorts info, knowing we were going to recind the next day. We took everything back to our hotel so I could get a better idea of the points charts. They wanted close to 30k for 2000 (or 2200-dont exactly remember) and that only got us 5 nights in a 2 bedroom once a year. Then I took out my laptop and started to research resale legacy weeks. We bought a 2 bedroom gold week in Surfwatch and haven’t regretted yet! We use it for Spring break every year (I work for a school). Can’t wait for this years trip! Its already paid for itself as the rack rates for Spring break were $500+ a night before COVID and the resort sells out for cash reservation’s every year. TUG gave great info on buying legacy weeks, resort ratings, rental possibilities, etc. All in all, it was and is a great buy.

Congrats on saving yourself alot of money! Enjoy your trip planning!

Dee