• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club advice needed

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m having trouble deciding on how to get the best usage out of this unit I’ve just acquired.

It is a Tahoe Beach & Ski Club one bedroom, week 52 unit and it also comes assigned with 40,000 (RCI?) points.

Right now, with the transfer of ownership, I have to decide to leave it in 40,000 points per week, or return it to a deeded week 52.

The more I find out about this timeshare, I see it has many options. It trades in II and RCI. In RCI, it is listed as Tahoe Beach & Ski Club #0924, #DK48, so I assume that means it trades in both weeks and points.

It also has some affiliation with Diamond Resorts that I can’t figure out. In its own website, tahoebeachandski.com, it says nothing about Diamond. But on the Diamond “resorts” page, it is shown as a Diamond Resort.

Anyway, I’m looking for advice on the best way to use this. Keep the 40,000 points, or revert to the week 52 deeded week. Mostly we will use this for skiing at Heavenly, but we rarely ski in CA during week 52 because of the crowds and traffic. What would you do?

Through digging around on TUG, I found it also has day use privileges, which will be nice for its private beach. Anyone know about owner bonus time?

If you're an owner of this same timeshare, I'd especially love to hear your thoughts.