• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Super Bowl 2024 Timeshare Rentals By Owners...how has it worked out for you?

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Curious how owners have fared who strategically planned to rent out their timeshare weeks for this year's Super Bowl?

Including if you are willing to share:
Property name?

Unit size?

Best places to list?

Any profit made?

Would you do it again?

Other feedback?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I once rented my Kierland units at a very nice profit when the SuperBowl was played in Phoenix. I would NEVER do it again.

Rentals are always at the last minute (no one knows who is playing until two weeks in advance). A Saturday-to-Saturday or a Sunday-to-Sunday reservation doesn't work well for someone who wants to come to party before the game, watch the game, and then party afterwards. There is lots of competition for renters and there is a real possibility of not finding a renter. I rented my last unit only three days before check-in.

Renting for SuperBowl sounds appealing, but for me, the risk and the stress outweigh the profit potential.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I once rented my Kierland units at a very nice profit when the SuperBowl was played in Phoenix. I would NEVER do it again.

Rentals are always at the last minute (no one knows who is playing until two weeks in advance). A Saturday-to-Saturday or a Sunday-to-Sunday reservation doesn't work well for someone who wants to come to party before the game, watch the game, and then party afterwards. There is lots of competition for renters and there is a real possibility of not finding a renter. I rented my last unit only three days before check-in.

Renting for SuperBowl sounds appealing, but for me, the risk and the stress outweigh the profit potential.
Yeah, weeklong TS don't fit too well with Superbowl Sunday. Most people don't until 2-3 weeks before to commit. Also they generally don't stay a week.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
curious if rentals pick up at all now that the final teams have been decided.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I rented my 3BDRM Marriott Grande Chateau for 4 night Feb 9-13 for $2995 about a month ago. I'm still looking to rent the 2BDRM side for a few bucks for the last 3 nights and my wife and I are using the small 1BDRM for 3 nights. I honestly thought I'd rent the 3BDRM for much more. I had it listed too high at $6k, didn't monitor and adjust when I saw the volume of units on the market. I think I could've gotten probably $4500 if I monitored the rentals and adjusted accordingly. Still happy with the outcome considering my costs are $2300. We made a few bucks and also have a few nights to use. I do think the 3BDRM config helped me find a renter and 1 and 2BDRMs probably didn't fare as well because there were just so many listings I think it would be hard to separate yourself from other listings.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I rented my 3BDRM Marriott Grande Chateau for 4 night Feb 9-13 for $2995 about a month ago. I'm still looking to rent the 2BDRM side for a few bucks for the last 3 nights and my wife and I are using the small 1BDRM for 3 nights. I honestly thought I'd rent the 3BDRM for much more. I had it listed too high at $6k, didn't monitor and adjust when I saw the volume of units on the market. I think I could've gotten probably $4500 if I monitored the rentals and adjusted accordingly. Still happy with the outcome considering my costs are $2300. We made a few bucks and also have a few nights to use. I do think the 3BDRM config helped me find a renter and 1 and 2BDRMs probably didn't fare as well because there were just so many listings I think it would be hard to separate yourself from other listings.
Where did you rent it?

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
I just want to say that I did the professionally managed version of the red week ad for almost a year. They did absolutely nothing for me. They would send out periodic emails recommending I reduce my price, even though part of the benefit was supposed to be them advising me exactly what price I should be putting on there. They claim to have a dedicated phone line but they don’t like to use it. Then I find out that my listing expires 10 days before Checkin…Two days after the teams are picked. I just had to spend an extra $40 to basically repost my ad by myself as a last-minute deal. Never ever again. They literally could care less if it sells or not. Definitely do it yourself!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to say that I did the professionally managed version of the red week ad for almost a year. They did absolutely nothing for me. They would send out periodic emails recommending I reduce my price, even though part of the benefit was supposed to be them advising me exactly what price I should be putting on there. They claim to have a dedicated phone line but they don’t like to use it. Then I find out that my listing expires 10 days before Checkin…Two days after the teams are picked. I just had to spend an extra $40 to basically repost my ad by myself as a last-minute deal. Never ever again. They literally could care less if it sells or not. Definitely do it yourself!
Sorry it didn't work out for you. There are hundreds of listings for the Super Bowl on Redweek right now. A lot of timeshare owners must have speculated they could cash in on the event. How much was your unit listed for?

Here is my favorite at Marriott's Grand Chateau:

1706814753994.png

In case anyone is wondering, the end of the listing is clearly defined on Redweek:

1706814442323.png

I own a Las Vegas timeshare, and seeing that long list of rentals makes me want to never offer a rental for a big event everyone knows about.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I rented a 1 BR week at Grand Chateau for $3,000 on Redweek, Tuesday-to-Tuesday which is perfect for Super Bowl week. Not a huge profit on 2,450 Abound points (maybe $1K after fees) but it rented like three months ago. I'd do it again if in Vegas only. I think the walking distance proximity makes for a better rental proposition than say, Kierland in Phoenix or Beachplace Towers in FLL/MIA.

ETA: I picked a price point that I knew would be attractive vs. trying maximize every cent. Bird in hand and all.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rented a 1 BR week at Grand Chateau for $3,000 on Redweek, Tuesday-to-Tuesday which is perfect for Super Bowl week. Not a huge profit on 2,450 Abound points (maybe $1K after fees) but it rented like three months ago. I'd do it again if in Vegas only. I think the walking distance proximity makes for a better rental proposition than say, Kierland in Phoenix or Beachplace Towers in FLL/MIA.

ETA: I picked a price point that I knew would be attractive vs. trying maximize every cent. Bird in hand and all.
That is a good price. Most are higher but a few are $2,500 now. Perhaps some people are going to start cutting prices.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Wonder if we will see any Super Bowl Last Minute Timeshare Rental Discounts here on TUG?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Never again after Phoenix. I rented a small 1br at WKV several months in advance for a good profit, but had to give away a 2br MCV at a large loss a few days before the event. Market was flooded. So no, never again.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
People who bet on making a bundle seeing the huge cost of rooms may be disappointed. Most people attending the SB are using corporate tickets, who planned travel and accomodations in advance. A small percent are hard core fans of the teams playing.

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
I just lowered price on one bedroom to $2700 at Elara, 9-16, Friday to Friday. Does the cancellation protection I bought give me my points back? I wasn’t trying to get rich, just get a boost on maintenance fees and a break from having to book before they expire. I texted the rep who sold me Elara saying the rooms are going for thousands and told her that’s a lie if you go on eBay, redbook, even Vrbo….lotsa deals. I’m listed with Koala also and don’t get much communication from Koala even to try and sell me something…these guys really are a mystery to me in the marketing department, talking about Hawaii instead of Valentine’s day and superbowl. They could Get people thinking about gifting an experience etc…where to spend Easter…oh well.

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PS, you don’t have to have Super Bowl tickets to go to Vegas during Super Bowl weekend and week and have a great time. The whole city is hopping. You could be part of the celebration without spending all those bucks.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
PS, you don’t have to have Super Bowl tickets to go to Vegas during Super Bowl weekend and week and have a great time. The whole city is hopping. You could be part of the celebration without spending all those bucks.
My renters aren't going to the game so this is correct. I think the problem is the sheer number of rooms there is in Vegas. There is no doubt huge demand, so there were alot of rentals and these TSs are very good, if not the best option in terms of price, comfort and value. I just think its a numbers game unfortunately.

HedonisticEpicurean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
*Kings Land - 2 weeks
*Phoenician - 3 weeks
*Table Rock (RCI) - 2 w
*St. Regis NY - 4 w
*La Pacifica - 1 week
Vegas is always busy on Super Bowl Sunday even when not hosting the game. I remember one year when even the cheap hotels were charging an arm and a leg. I agree with MOXJO that it has now become an issue with the sheer number of rooms and ts available in the city. The game will bring in a huge number of people. But, I think some of the people who come to Vegas on a normal Super Bowl or normal weekend may stay away for fear of higher prices and perception of mass number of people.
Good luck to all trying to rent their ts.