• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunset World Membership - Submitting Weeks for Marketing

Alechko03

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Tres Trios
Hi Everyone,

First-time poster.

My family and I were in Cancun at the end of June 2023 through the Holiday Lounge membership, and we stayed in Sunset Marina, a decent hotel with good enough food. We wanted to do one of the Xcaret tours, but the concierge at the hotel told us that we could get it for free if we attended a meeting at the Hacienda Tres Rios resort. We can then spend the day enjoying the amenities of Tres Rios.

The park Xenses in Xcaret was great. The following day we had a trip to Hacienda Tres Rios. We knew it would be a timeshare sales pitch. My wife and I agreed that we would not upgrade. When we arrived, we were greeted by a sales representative Nikita, a young man. He was pleasant and professional, of course, he showed us around the property, etc..then the sales pitch started.

During the sales pitch, Nikita said we could rent weeks to 'marketing and get $3,000 for each week we 'give' the company, and we get paid in 48 hrs. There was also Efrain Chavez, who seemed to be his supervisor, who told us the same. He gave us this whole pitch that we can only submit some of our weeks to marketing due to money laundry rules, which made sense. The pitch was that we get 9 weeks, 2 of those weeks we give to marketing right away and get that discounted from the total price right away, which seemed nice. This left us with 7 weeks, where out of those weeks, we can use 5 weeks to give to marketing. They also said that SunsetWorld bought Holiday Lounge and that Holiday Lounge was merely a discount program, where this is fractional ownership.

This whole thing enticed me; if we bought this, it would pay for itself over time, plus all the benefits they claimed it would give us, such as discounted hotels, flights, etc.

My follow-up questions were, when will I be able to submit these weeks? he said in about 102 days (so precise), we will have access to the platform vacationowners.net. After other follow-up questions, we agreed to do it. We put up a down payment of about $7,000 on three credit cards (once again, I figured ill pay it off when we submit our weeks).

All in all, we got:
  • Every 2 years
    • 1 registered week
    • 1 VIP week
  • 7 weeks per year to use through the Sunset International Exchange System.
  • 9 Corporate weeks to use in Sunset Resorts without a maintenance fee.
  • 3 Dream week certificates (still waiting on these)
  • Cruise certificate (still waiting on this)

We got to the contract part, read it briefly (mistake), and signed everything. In the following days, when we got back to the States, we combed through the contract thoroughly and noticed that the part about giving weeks for marketing or renting them was not in the contract. I had his number on WhatsApp and he was responsive, I asked him in detail that in fact it is true that we can give a week to marketing for $3,000 a week, and he confirmed via voice text explaining it again, great I was kinda relieved.

We were aware of the fact that we have 5 days to cancel it, and Nikita was very responsive within those days. After 5 days passed, he went radio silence.

Part of the contract was also a clause that with this new SunsetWorld membership, our prior Holiday Lounge membership will be paid off, the value of the Holiday Lounge membership went into the total cost. The contract is also with an entity called TB Travel S.A. Apparently, they have an office in Miami.

In August of 2023, we got the welcome call. I also had a call with their billing department to know when the Holiday Lounge Loan will be paid off in the resort ResortCom platform, as I am still paying it, David, from billing told me it will take a few months, in the meantime I can send him emails with what I had paid so far for Holiday Lounge (after new Sunset contract), and it will be deducted from the Sunset loan, great!

The week of August 6h we got access to vacationowners.net, I logged in and right away tried to see if I can submit my weeks for 'marketing', well there is no option like that, the only option is to 'Deposit' your weeks for rent where you set the price, that looked wired to me because it was not exactly what Nikita had told us. He did tell us that there is an option to submit weeks for rent and give it to friends or family, etc.

I started texting and calling Nikita to no avail. I want to find out how to submit the weeks for 'marketing' to get $3,000 per week. I also called member services, and they have no idea what I was talking about. Member services explained to me that I can only rent out the 1 registered week and the 1 VIP week once every 2 years. Additionally, I can only rent each week if I pay the maintenance fee of $1,059 for each week (1 registered and 1 VIP). The 7 weeks are only to be used for vacation on the Sunset International Exchange System, cannot rent them, and cannot rent the 9 corporate weeks as well, which Nikita told me I can. I even tried to call Hacienda Tres Rios and ask o talk to sales or Nikita to get to the bottom of this, but can never get to the right person, the transfer and transfer me and eventually hang up.

Thus far, I paid only 1 month of the new loan, the Holiday Lounge loan is still not paid off, I have a few thousand there to pay it off. I deliberately waited to get access to the platform and see how I can submit my weeks for 'marketing'. Although Nikita said that it would take 102 days to get access, I already have access (102 days have not passed yet), I highly doubt that miraculously after 102, ill access to some magical platform.

At this point, I don't know what to do, obviously, there is no such thing as submitting a week for 'marketing' for $3,000 a week. This means he lied to me, I have it as an audio recording. Is there anything I can do about this? I don't want to be stuck with this membership paying monthly for the loan AND the maintenance fee every two years, I would rather stick with the Holidays Lounge membership. The loan is serviced with ResortCom (just like holiday lounge) and the credit for the loan was through Quorum Credit Union, which is based in the States.

What happens if I just don't pay anymore? Will it hurt my credit? I have not seen this loan on my credit report yet (it's been about 60 days).

Thank you for reading this far; I feel I got duped and should have been smarter.

I would appreciate any advice.

Victoria G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset World Resorts
Hi Alechko,
When I was reading your post I felt like I was reading my own story that happened at Hacienda Tres Rios. Same sales rep Nikita, same gloomy strict-looking boss Chavez... The tactics and the tricks are totally the same - I'm totally having a deja vu...But my story of buying a mysterious VIP travel club memebrship called Ultimate Loyalty began in 2020 and, luckily, I don't have any other yearly travel memberships or timeshares or anything of that sort. But the story is pretty much the same - we got 12 weeks! on the platform that should have been exchangeable for $$ or gift cards to various merchants they were supposedly working with (like Macy's or VISA). Anyway, by now I know that they are one big gang - the concierge services on Ultimate Loyalty platform and member services at Sunset... They all know that we are being sold some elusive

Victoria G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset World Resorts
Hi Alechko,
When I was reading your post I felt like I was reading my own story that happened at Hacienda Tres Rios. Same sales rep Nikita, same gloomy strict-looking boss Chavez... The tactics and the tricks are totally the same - I'm totally having a deja vu...But my story of buying a mysterious VIP travel club memebrship called Ultimate Loyalty began in 2020 and, luckily, I don't have any other yearly travel memberships or timeshares or anything of that sort. But the story is pretty much the same - we got 12 weeks! on the platform that should have been exchangeable for $$ or gift cards to various merchants they were supposedly working with (like Macy's or VISA). Anyway, by now I know that they are one big gang - the concierge services on vacationowners platform and member services at Sunset... They all know that we were sold some non-existent weeks and when I started asking questions about "depositing my weeks" they all pretended like they had no idea and no one from their previous clients ever said anything like that... And you just have confirmed with your post that they hear it all the time and just fake the surprise.
If I were you - I wouldn't pay that loan. It is a total fraud. We never took out a loan with them, I just put it on my visa. Or I was so mad I didn't use my gold AMEX, I feel like the lawyers at AMEX always stick up for their clients but visa didn't honor the dispute although they did agree that the contract was written out very vaguely and my email correspondence with a manager from Sunset confirmed that we were "misled" but since we signed that damn paper there was nothing they could do. We did get a free FUN pack (apparently a 5-day family vacation at one of their resorts) that we have just requested and still awaiting that voucher in mail and a complimentary cruise for 2. I'll keep you posted if any of those "gifts" turned out to be true.
Good luck to you and hope you'll find a way how to get your money back from those con men. My husband even wanted to buy a ticket to Mexico to punch that scumbag Nikita in his face but I don't think its worth it.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I think having tue credit agency where your loan os based within the US will make it much more difficult to just walk away. You are likely to get a credit hit.
I had a second mortgage with Quorum, which is based in NY. They were very pedantic about everything and even when I tried to pay of the second mortgage they made it hard through their specific procedures. Read from that what you like, but unless I have to I would not want to work with them again.