• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Hyatt Points Chart

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Thanks all. So with 2200 points, I’d be able to trade for any property I find in II, including (for instance) Westin St John, Aulani, Westin Princeville, etc?

All it would take is 1300 points for any 2 bedroom in II.

I bought my Hyatt week JUST for II. I very occasionally trade into Hyatt properties -- typically mid-week stays in Sedona or Carmel to rid myself of leftover points. Mostly I trade in II.

1300, 870, 430. The only numbers you need to remember. 1300 at most for a 2bd. 870 for a 1bd. 430 for a studio. Could be even less during shoulder/low season. But I always plan on the above numbers.

So, 2200 divided by 430 = five weeks, with some leftover points for Hyatt and/or banking in II.

Keep in mind that II trades are becoming harder as time goes on. People are finally seeing the light about buying a timeshare just to trade. So there is more competition than when I first started, back when it was "buy a week, trade for a week, it's always a week, no exceptions." Twenty years and people are finally starting to catch on. Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted.

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
What if I own two HRC weeks at different properties and for different points values - can I combine them to make a reservation within the internal HRC system? I guess that would sort of be like trading up in season or size?

What about that same question for II? If I deposit weeks for separate HRC ownership into II, do those points combine?

I am not yet an HRC owner, but beginning to strategize what is the right amount of points for me to own. thanks

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
What if I own two HRC weeks at different properties and for different points values - can I combine them to make a reservation within the internal HRC system? I guess that would sort of be like trading up in season or size?

What about that same question for II? If I deposit weeks for separate HRC ownership into II, do those points combine?

I am not yet an HRC owner, but beginning to strategize what is the right amount of points for me to own. thanks
1) Yes
2) Your points go into something called EEE. The date for each contract will is based on your home week and will have different expiration dates. The points don’t move to II until you make the exchange or ongoing search. The first expiring points are used first, when exhausted, it will pull from the next contract.

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
Follow up question - does II also offer HRC owners discounted (50%) points reservations when within 59 days of check-in? And does HRC club dues include the basic II membership?

Thanks again

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Follow up question - does II also offer HRC owners discounted (50%) points reservations when within 59 days of check-in? And does HRC club dues include the basic II membership?

Thanks again
It includes basic membership.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks again
Interval Gold membership is included. No discount.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Mongoose answered but there is a bit more to it.

It sounds confusing, but you need to learn the rules for each bucket of points. On a cancellation, points will try to be put back in the bucket they came from. Reservations can be made with points from multiple buckets. You start with CUP points with no restrictions which can be used for HRC or Interval.

Basically you can use points from multiple accounts for both HRC and II reservations. Once you use points from a particular contract, you lose the ability to book your home week. Reservations will pull the oldest points first and from restricted points if possible. You will always have to manage not letting points expire. Your online account will allow you to see the buckets points are in for each contract.

EEE (extended exchange) is a way to segment off points just for II use. Once moved, they cannot come back - but they will be good for 2 years PAST your deeded week (great feature) and are only valid for II reservations. And if you cancel an II reservation and the points have not yet expired, they just go back to EEE. If not from EEE, read on - i believe they act like an HRC reservation.

You can book II without having any EEE points. But if you do have EEE points, it will pull from EEE first. And no points are transferred to Interval until a reservation is made - no matter which bucket the come from.

You points can get restricted based on cancellations made inside of 60 days (RCUP if before use date). If you non-EEE points are not used by their original date, you get 6 more months to use them but the are NOW restricted LCUP. RCUP can be used for interval, until they become LCUP and cannot. All restricted points can only book 60 days out in HRC but i believe in Interval they can book anything if RCUP (LCUP cannot book II).

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
1) Yes
2) Your points go into something called EEE. The date for each contract will is based on your home week and will have different expiration dates. The points don’t move to II until you make the exchange or ongoing search. The first expiring points are used first, when exhausted, it will pull from the next contract

I am still trying to wrap my head around the logistics of booking with HRC ownership - for both Hyatt properties and with II.

A couple of follow-ups.

1) If I make an ongoing request with the internal HRC system - lets say "any 2025 2 bedroom at Kaanapali" - are the 2200 points "frozen" while I am on the waitlist? If so, am I unable to use them for a different HRC reservation or with II
2) Alternatively, if I can still use those points, am I removed from the waitlist if my balance falls below the 2200 points needed for the Kaanapali request? If not, what happens if I match for it, but only have a 2000 point balance? Will HRC contact me before canceling - would they let me borrow from next year or let me switch it to a shorter midweek stay?
3) Lastly, I know HRC does not receive any sort of II flexchange discount (maybe the biggest negative to ownership), but can you still purchase Eplus to make changes? Additionally, since they also don't have the II 24 hour call in to cancel window for an ongoing search, when do you decide if you want Eplus?

thanks everyone

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am still trying to wrap my head around the logistics of booking with HRC ownership - for both Hyatt properties and with II.

A couple of follow-ups.

1) If I make an ongoing request with the internal HRC system - lets say "any 2025 2 bedroom at Kaanapali" - are the 2200 points "frozen" while I am on the waitlist? If so, am I unable to use them for a different HRC reservation or with II
2) Alternatively, if I can still use those points, am I removed from the waitlist if my balance falls below the 2200 points needed for the Kaanapali request? If not, what happens if I match for it, but only have a 2000 point balance? Will HRC contact me before canceling - would they let me borrow from next year or let me switch it to a shorter midweek stay?
3) Lastly, I know HRC does not receive any sort of II flexchange discount (maybe the biggest negative to ownership), but can you still purchase Eplus to make changes? Additionally, since they also don't have the II 24 hour call in to cancel window for an ongoing search, when do you decide if you want Eplus?

thanks everyone
The points are not frozen, so you can make another reservation in the meantime if you want to. However, if a unit you requested becomes available and you don’t have enough points available, they will go to the next person in line with a request. Your name and request stays there but they just bypass you. I don‘t believe they contact you as it is an automated process.

With regard to II, yes, you can purchase ePlus after you make a trade and make re-trades.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii

thanks everyone

I book vacations assuming cancellations are impossible and if we don't go, we lose every dollar we spent. In 20 years of marriage, my wife and I have canceled one vacation. And yes, we ended up eating most of the costs because cancellation policies (especially for airlines) are so onerous.

Book smart. Don't book the Caribbean during prime hurricane season -- July through October. Don't book a week THEN look up what's happening that week. (Unknowingly booking a flight to Paris during the Olympics, for instance.) Look at the typical weather happening that week -- Vietnam during rainy season, for instance.

When I start the booking process, there is a timer involved. I'll start booking the week. Switch to my airline tab and book the flights -- after making absolutely sure that the flights line up with the week (accounting for time changes and similar) -- and THEN I'll finish booking the week. Two tickets and a condo -- sorted.

I can't tell you how many times the flight couldn't be purchased and I had to abort. But it's often. Payment wouldn't go through. Tickets weren't really available. Website crashes. You name it. I don't want to be stuck with a week and no way to get there.

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
Thank you for all of the great information in this forum.

I am new to HRC and trying to figure out how to optimize exchanges into Interval Interntional (II). The following points redemption chart was shared in this post: Using Hyatt points in Interval International.

View attachment 56522

Is the chart above current? Are the TDI ranges or seasons the same for every II TDI?

In the case of TDI 95, a range of 90-150 means even below average TDI (<100) weeks are priced (in terms of points) as a high/peak weeks.

For TDI 95 that results in 42 out of 52 weeks being high/peak weeks.

View attachment 56525

I would have expected a more even distribution, with something like 50-80 being low, 85-115 (medium), and 120-150 (high). In the example above, it seems like it would be very difficult to "stretch your points" by traveling in the off season. There are no "low" season weeks and only 10 medium weeks.

I would love to learn how people are maximizing their exchanges into II (if it's even possible).
Anyone have a screenshot of the 2024 II exchange table?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a screenshot of the 2024 II exchange table?
Times they are a changin’….

Hyatt II is going to new point requirement. The point values for exchanges have gone up.

It appears that resorts will have different point values assigned. Some one bedroom exchanges that were 870 points now require 1300.

I have not found a concise chart that explains things.