• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwind Villas Vacation Resort, Hilton Head

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a lot minute exchange for a 2BR at this resort on Hilton Head and it's hard to find much info on it. Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? Apparently you check in at the SR Hotel which I assume is a Spinaker facility.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
If you are speaking about Southwind by Spinnaker in Shipyard, I own a 2BR and have enjoyed my stays there. The bedrooms are upstairs in the 2BR units with a jetted tub and separate shower in the master. King size bed in the master as well with doubles in BR 2. The facility is well maintained and has some good amenities. The pool is central to all buildings and each unit comes with access to 2 bikes which makes getting around very easy. There are BBQs in the pool area and they are usually well maintained as well.

You are also very close to the Shipyard beach access. We use the bikes to go to the beach there via the path which runs behind a series of units all the way to the beach. We always rent a locker at the beach as well so that we can leave the chairs, umbrella and kids sand toys and not have to lug them back and forth. You can call ahead to reserve one or get one when you check in, reserving works best during peak season.

You are close to lots of shopping as well as many eateries. You are also pretty close to Coligney which has lots of shops and some of the best ice cream.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info but the place we're staying is the Southwind Vacation Villas, not Southwind in Shipyard. I'm guessing that it is older than the Shipyard one. Looks like you check in at the SR Hotel which I assume is affiliated with Spinnaker.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
If it a Southwind propert owned by Spinnaker, Spinnaker’s Southwind properties on HHI are Southwind By Spinnaker (Southwind Villas in RCI based on the photos) and Southwind II are located in Shipyard Plantation. While not really differentiated in their web site they both are in the same close general area so the geography will match. You can check out Spinnaker’s web site Spinnaker Resorts but they don’t differentiate between the 2. They simply list Southwind. And the pics in RCI for Southwind Villas are of Southwind by Spinnaker.

You do check in at SR Resort, 35 Deallyon Avenue. They will provide your permit to enter Shipyard (parking is limited to 2 vehicles) which needs to be displayed to enter Shipyard Plantation and when parked on site. The front desk has always been helpful for me and can help with most issues, if any, you encounter.

I hope this was helpful.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
How much is a locker at the beach? Know if they are available when staying at Port O’Call?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it a Southwind propert owned by Spinnaker, Spinnaker’s Southwind properties on HHI are Southwind By Spinnaker (Southwind Villas in RCI based on the photos) and Southwind II are located in Shipyard Plantation. While not really differentiated in their web site they both are in the same close general area so the geography will match. You can check out Spinnaker’s web site Spinnaker Resorts but they don’t differentiate between the 2. They simply list Southwind. And the pics in RCI for Southwind Villas are of Southwind by Spinnaker.

You do check in at SR Resort, 35 Deallyon Avenue. They will provide your permit to enter Shipyard (parking is limited to 2 vehicles) which needs to be displayed to enter Shipyard Plantation and when parked on site. The front desk has always been helpful for me and can help with most issues, if any, you encounter.

I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for the info.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
How much is a locker at the beach? Know if they are available when staying at Port O’Call?
I believe they are currently about $10 for the week for the small one that we can put 3 beach chairs, a bag of kids sand toys, an umbrella and 2 of belly boards. Very convenient and we always get one. There are apparently large ones as well but I have not looked at them. The lockers are at ground level under the pavilion as you enter the beach.

i can’t speak to availability for Port O’Call but since they are a Shipyard thing, not Spinnaker, there is a pretty good chance.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I hope this was helpful.
I agree..I've stayed there on.my first trip to HHI and really liked the location and condos. Very nice.