• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest and Alaska Airlines $500 vouchers for $449.99 at Costco

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Southwest Airlines $500 eGift Card, delivered via email

Item 1588972

Your Price
$449.99
Delivered Via Email

Features:
  • No Fees. No Expiration
  • Redeem Online, At Ticket Counter Or Call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA®
  • Valid Only For Southwest Airlines® Flights
  • Delivered Via Email

Alaska Airlines $500 Gift Certificate, delivered via email

Item 1494191

Your Price
$449.99
Delivered via Email
While supplies last. Limit 10 per member. Terms & Conditions
Features:
  • No Travel Restrictions or Blackout Dates
  • No Expiration
  • Only valid at alaskaair.com for Alaska Airlines flights
  • Limit 10 Per Member
  • Codes deliver within 24 Business Hours (no weekend delivery)
  • Delivered via Email

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I bought a couple of Alaska certificates last year. You don't have to load them all into your Alaska wallet at the same time. I waited between loading, so I could use my credit card to pay remainder of fare in order to get free bags for the trip.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Thanks for the heads up. I bought a few Alaska Airlines ones last year and have used them to book travel for this year. It's a great deal if you know you will be using that airline anyway.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Southwest Airlines $500 eGift Card, delivered via email

Item 1588972

Your Price
$449.99
Delivered Via Email

Features:
  • No Fees. No Expiration
  • Redeem Online, At Ticket Counter Or Call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA®
  • Valid Only For Southwest Airlines® Flights
  • Delivered Via Email

Alaska Airlines $500 Gift Certificate, delivered via email

Item 1494191

Your Price
$449.99
Delivered via Email
While supplies last. Limit 10 per member. Terms & Conditions
Features:
  • No Travel Restrictions or Blackout Dates
  • No Expiration
  • Only valid at alaskaair.com for Alaska Airlines flights
  • Limit 10 Per Member
  • Codes deliver within 24 Business Hours (no weekend delivery)
  • Delivered via Email
My thanks also for the heads up. I ordered six of them for Alaska.

There's an added sweetener in this for those who are Alaska Air FF elites (MVP or higher). Alaska has an offer running through the middle of November in which for every $2500 spent on a linked Alaska Visa card, the 2500 miles the card holder receives for the purchase will count towards qualifying for elite status (up to 20,000 miles maximum). COVID hangover has greatly reduced my flying, so this is a great opportunity to continue to retain elite status, and there is no question of putting the gift certs to use.

jaima

Reaction score
My thanks also for the heads up. I ordered six of them for Alaska. El chat Mexico

There's an added sweetener in this for those who are Alaska Air FF elites (MVP or higher). Alaska has an offer running through the middle of November in which for every $2500 spent on a linked Alaska Visa card, the 2500 miles the cardholder receives for the purchase will count towards qualifying for elite status (up to 20,000 miles maximum). COVID hangover has greatly reduced my flying, so this is a great opportunity to continue to retain elite status, and there is no question of putting the gift certs to use.
Wonderful. I am also gonna buy Alanska.

beejaybee

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Not sure what a "Costco shop card" is, but if it is a Visa card, it will work just fine.

Kurt

It is a "rebate" type gift card that is what Costco now gives as a perk for booking cruises through their travel agency. Used to be a Costco "cash" card which I could take to the warehouse and get greenbacks for it......

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wonderful. I am also gonna buy Alanska.
Just a reminder that the bonus I mentioned to help reach MVP status is only good only if you already have MVP status.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I don't see Paypal as a payment option?

Wish they offered this for United.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Bonus: If by chance you hold a Chase Freedom, paypal is quarterly bonus catagory. Buy online, use paypal and get 5 UR points per $1!
Wow! I don't have the Freedom card. Should have gotten that card.

I love Alaska to the islands. They treat us so well in First Class, and it's so much better than United. United gave us corn flakes on our return flight from the Big Island in July. Yes, a bowl of corn flakes and a packaged croissant with a pat of butter (no jelly), and a half pint of milk. It was a mid-morning flight. We already had our breakfast at Kings'land.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I don't see Paypal as a payment option
Me neither -- & I was planning to double-dip on the discount by using a credit card that pays 5% cash back for PayPal purchases.

As it as it is, I'll be getting $1,000 worth of airplane tickets for $900 -- & double-dipping slightly by getting Southwest points for using Southwest Rewards credit card to pay for discounted Southwest vouchers, then getting more Southwest points when we actually fly.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @mdurette Just bought another WIN with Paypal key. Love the 5x Chase rewards especially to cash them out for 1.5cents each or more with our Sapphire Reserve for travel play money. May buy some shop cards for holiday shopping this way.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @mdurette Just bought another WIN with Paypal key. Love the 5x Chase rewards especially to cash them out for 1.5cents each or more with our Sapphire Reserve for travel play money. May buy some shop cards for holiday shopping this way.

Yeah - good use for the quarterly bonus with Freedom if you don't shop Walmart

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yes. I would be hard pressed to spend more than $100 at Walmart unless I bought gift card. This beats the measly 2x on the Costco Citi. (I used that on my first WIN GC - drats!) IMO the only real value of Costco card is gas at 4% but we drive our ICE vehicles so rarely since we bought an EV plus there are usually 5x gas promos so we don't use it much anymore.

Now that I don't have hungry teens to feed, I would downgrade our Costco membership to basic but our CitiGold account now pays for our executive membership so we'll keep it for now.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As it as it is, I'll be getting $1,000 worth of airplane tickets for $900 -- & double-dipping slightly by getting Southwest points for using Southwest Rewards credit card to pay for discounted Southwest vouchers, then getting more Southwest points when we actually fly.
Same here with the SW Rewards Visa -- only $1,800 for $2000 value, plus we are close to qualifying for Southwest's Companion Pass, so this purchase will make it a shoe-in and we will have the CP for all of 2022 (we currently have it through 2021). That $2,000 worth of airfare will go much further when getting 2-for-1 on flights. :whooopie:

Plus, with our Executive Costco membership, we earned a 2% rebate on the $1,800 ($36).

Kurt