• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SOLD - Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort AZ (HVC, previously Diamond), Traditional/Deeded 2 BR lock-off, Floating Week 1-52, Odd Years

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort (HVC)
Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort AZ (Hilton Vacation Club, previously Diamond)

https://www.hiltongrandvacations.co...rizona/ridge-on-sedona-a-hilton-vacation-club

Traditional/Deeded 2 BR/2 BA lock-off (800 SF 1 BR + 470 SF Studio = 1270 SF total space)
**Can split to 1 BR and Studio, can also split the week for multiple shorter stays**

Floating Week 1-52, Odd Years

2024 Maintenance Fee (Paid): $689.87

MF due annually by Jan 1, next due by 1/1/2025

Next available for 2025 usage, and every odd year thereafter

Hilton Destination Xchange (DEX) included for owners and available for exchanges for travel within 5 years.
RCI also available for exchanges, if a member.

A helpful Tugger here mentioned that by splitting the 2 BR lock-off into a separate 1 BR and Studio, you could potentially make better deposit/exchange use of this ownership through DEX. I’ve not used DEX, but included info from their member guide below.

More info from HGV Club website:

Whether longing for a backcountry adventure or a relaxing retreat, the mysterious energy and unparalleled charm of this Southwestern destination offers the ideal escape. Majestically perched against a picturesque desert backdrop, Ridge on Sedona, a Hilton Vacation Club, boasts spacious accommodations, resort-style amenities and all the comforts of home. Enjoy the challenge and convenience of the 18-hole golf course located directly adjacent to the resort, or explore one of Sedona’s famed trails on a hike or Jeep® tour. After a day of exploring, return to Ridge on Sedona, a Hilton Vacation Club to relax in one of the swimming pools or fitness center.

Deeded/paid off. I will pay the $250 transfer fee to HVC, if new owner pays for the deed transfer service
(others here have suggested LT Transfers, I have no experience with them.)

I also have an additional ownership of 1,500 trust points per year in the U.S. Collection available for free, if interested. I will pay the $250 transfer fee to HVC (no deed, so no other fees). 2024 Assessment Fee (Paid): $542.78

We’ve recently applied for the (currently on hold) Transitions program to give it back, but I’d much rather give it to someone here that would appreciate and use it, before they resume the program! 😊 Thank you for looking.

RID_one-bedroom.jpg

RID_studio.jpg

Timeshare_Accommodations.png

TimeshareDEXTiers.png

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Traditional/Deeded 2 BR/2 BA lock-off

Floating Week 1-52, Odd Years

2024 Maintenance Fee (Paid): $689.87
How does traditional/deeded work in DRI? This MF is EXTREMELY low for DRI. (Or, is it low because it's odd years, but paid every year? - unlike HGVC where odd deeds pay MF on odd years only?) Does it grant any HGVC points, or DEX is the only way to sort-of access HGVC?

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does traditional/deeded work in DRI? This MF is EXTREMELY low for DRI. (Or, is it low because it's odd years, but paid every year? - unlike HGVC where odd deeds pay MF on odd years only?) Does it grant any HGVC points, or DEX is the only way to sort-of access HGVC?
Thanks for the interest. Sadly, after countless hours on the phone and digging through original documents and online member guides and legal docs, I still haven’t found solid answers to several questions. But you’re correct, with DRI now HVC, the MF are paid annually, whether it’s EY or EOY usage. I bought when it was Sunterra, then added trust points and bought into The Club with Diamond, before Hilton bought them. I haven’t been able to use it at all the past few years for personal reasons, so I haven’t worked with DEX, but it’s my understanding owners can exchange via DEX, RCI, or II. I’m sure Hilton would love to transition us into Max, but I’ve refused all their “owner update” offers and instead looking to give it away to someone here, or go forward with Transitions and give it back to them otherwise.

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update, if anyone is interested, I was reassured today by Owner Services that *resale* deeded owners maintain all the same privileges and terms as *original* deeded owners - it follows the original deed and contract terms. So a new resale owner at the Ridge gets DEX included for free, access to trade into ~4500 resorts including international/Hawaii, the ability to split the 2 BR lockoff into a 1 BR and a studio and deposit for multiple tier credits that way, etc. The only thing a resale deeded owner cannot do, that an original deeded owner can do, is the Transitions program. I'm dumping The Club and going back to deeded/traditional! Thanks so much to everyone who has helped along the way!

Also learned that II is available for exchanges too, if you're a member. And I'm willing to also pay LT Transfers fee myself for the buyer for a quick close. If Transitions resumes before I've given this away, I'll just go that route, but wanted to offer here first :) Thanks for looking!

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the correct DEX exchange info for my resort, for a new owner that keeps it deeded/traditional (rather than buying into the Club/points program). From pg. 23 of the members guide:
https://cmsprod.diamondresorts.com/sites/default/files/destination-xchange-owner-guide_5.pdf

Lowest usage would be just leaving it a 2 BR and depositing later in the year for Mid season, for a Tier 3. Optimal usage would be splitting it to a studio for a Tier 3, plus a 1 BR for a Tier 4, in peak season, by depositing early while peak weeks are still available to snag 😁

IMG_5415.jpeg

Volkyro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regal Vistas
I'm interested and going to drop you a PM later once I've gathered up all my questions. Just wanted to quickly commend you though on one of the best free postings I've ever seen on TUG. Your posts elsewhere asking for details on how to use/inform a new owner were also super helpful. Hope you stick around the forums after finding a new home for this timeshare.

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm interested and going to drop you a PM later once I've gathered up all my questions. Just wanted to quickly commend you though on one of the best free postings I've ever seen on TUG. Your posts elsewhere asking for details on how to use/inform a new owner were also super helpful. Hope you stick around the forums after finding a new home for this timeshare.
Thank you, however I believe another tugger beat you to it, we are working through contract details now. I will update it to "pending" once we've got a signed contract, or will be back in touch with you if anything falls through. Thanks so much :)

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Update: transfer now complete by Diamond/Hilton. Just over 2 months, start to finish, from listing here to (deeded) timeshare-free! 🥳. THANKS TUG! 💗

If only the trust points were this easy to give away 😂 Hoping Transitions will resume so I can give those back 🤞🏻

mm4

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HILTON GRAND VACATION CLUB
Happy Update: transfer now complete by Diamond/Hilton. Just over 2 months, start to finish, from listing here to (deeded) timeshare-free! 🥳. THANKS TUG! 💗

If only the trust points were this easy to give away 😂 Hoping Transitions will resume so I can give those back

mm4

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations! I am completely new to timeshare world and this site and looking to gift my HGVC at Sedona as well. Your swift process gives me hope! I may take from your initial post. I too would rather give to someone than back to HGV. Congrats again!

TPNOVO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations! I am completely new to timeshare world and this site and looking to gift my HGVC at Sedona as well. Your swift process gives me hope! I may take from your initial post. I too would rather give to someone than back to HGV. Congrats again!
Thank you and best of luck rehoming your Sedona ownership. Feel free to borrow anything from my ad that applies ☺️

mm4

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

HI! I am uber new to this website and timesharing, I have a Sedona timeshare I am looking to post on the free timeshare section soon if you're interested in the info. I tried to PM you but do I have to be a member to do PMs? Sorry, I'm a Newbie :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score