• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shadow Ridge units closest to pool

ginsun88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow TUGgers:

I finally managed my very first II exchange to Shadow Ridge. :whoopie:

We'll be taking our soon-to-be 16 yr old daughter, 4 of her friends, and our 13 yr old son with us and naturally they want to be near the action!

Can you please share your ideas for the best location -- is there a main pool?
Any ideas for teen activities?

Best regards,
Grace

P.S. We're dumping the kids back home after Memorial Day and coming back ourselves to celebrate our 17th anniversary, so any ideas for couples activities would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

taffy19

Reaction score
gvdelizo said:
Can you please share your ideas for the best location -- is there a main pool?

This resort map may help you trying to locate the pools. I don't know if there is a main pool at Shadow Ridge. Someone else may tell you, who has stayed there.

There is a pool at the clubhouse, where you check in, but you would have to drive to this pool as it is too far from Shadow Ridge. I believe that they have a clubhouse too at Shadow Ridge.

Have a great vacation. :)

http://www.vacationlovers.net/palmsprings/marriott_desert_springs_resort_map.html

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
Yes, there is a main pool. Actually there are two very nice large pools right in the heart of the open sections of the resort.

We were in bldg 1700 which overlooked the water and golf course with a fabulous view of the mountains in the background. The pool was across the street and up a short distance -- easy walk. The kids center and the lunch bar is there as well.

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers

bwenzel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try building 1600 third floor for a great view and right by the gas grills, the new Maze activity center and the main pool section. We were at Shadow Ridge over Thanksgiving last year and had a terrific time with terrific weather. You can see my review at Tripadvisor.com complete with some photos and a list of things to do.

The main pool area will have a new children's park across the street from it and right next to building 1600. The main pool area also has large restrooms for changing, pool bar and grill (try the cheeze fries and the banana smoothies), and two infinity type pools (one of which will be a new children's interactive play area with fountains and the like).

You will love it. I know we did!:D

Have a great time!:wave:

ginsun88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks everyone! Looks like there will be fun for all.

Another TUGger, LAX Mom, was kind enough to share her 2-for-1 golf certificate. And last month KenK shared his bonus bucks.

TUGgers and the Marriott board are the best.:banana:

Grace