• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling my Grandview Timeshare

Nanalety

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas and Vacation Village at Parkway
I own at Grandview and would like to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You should give some additional information to attract a taker.

Is it a points week or does it get TPUs when deposited for trade? If it's points, week 13 gets 49,000 RCI points annually.

Is this a Friday, Saturday or Sunday check in week?

Week 13 has already passed for this year. If this is a points week did you use the 2022 points? If it isn't a points week did you use the week or deposit it? It you deposited it and haven't used the TPU's how many TPU's will the new owner get for this year.

The 2022 maintenance fees for a one bedroom are $438.50

Who are you using to do the closing on this? Many of us use LT Transfers. Their number is 706-219-2709. If you call them they will tell you how much they charge. I'd guess $225 if you have your deed. If you don't have your deed you can go to the Clark County website and order a copy of it. Or you can pay LT Transfers I think it's $25 to get it for you but that will add to the time the process takes.

The resort transfer fee was $250 the last time I knew but that could have changed.

Who will be paying the closing costs and transfer fee? You, the buyer or are you splitting it?

Are you keeping your RCI account? If not the account can also be transferred to the new owner. You can find the MTA, Membership Transfer Application, under forms and fees on the RCI site. You and the buyer will need to fill that out anyhow and submit any required payment to RCI. There is a $222 fee for a new RCI points account and that includes the first year membership fee. It's $98 to add a contract to an existing points account or to transfer the account. I thought weeks accounts were free, meaning no annual membership. I don't know if there's a fee to add a contract to a weeks account or to transfer the weeks account. The process goes much quicker if put a credit card number on the form and fax the completed form to RCI instead of mailing it in with a check.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 1bedroom on week 13 at Grandview at Las Vegas that I would like to sell.
You will find lots of great info on this site to help you.

You can start here:

rbjfamilytug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort
Interested if. RcI points.

Needmuchhelp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview
I have a time share at grandview that I’ve been trying to get rid of for years. That time has been filled with a whole lot of “I can’t help you”s. I just found this forum today and have been doing a lot of reading, now I need a bit of advice. I see there’s the options of selling yourself or trying to get village resort to take the deed back. I dont know which option I need to do. It’s not quite paid off yet. It’s points, 90,000 a year.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
You will not be able to sell or even give away a timeshare that is not paid off yet. You should confirm via RCI and Grandview (Vacation Villages) the # of points per year and the maintenance fee.

I am not 100% sure, but I do not recollect there being a 90K unit. There are 98K units. If you have a 98K unit, they are not the top points but it still has a good MF to points ratio of less than 1 cent per point. There should be someone willing to take this off your hands.

I own a 49K point one bedroom at Grandview that has the same points/mf ratio as the 98K.

Needmuchhelp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview
You will not be able to sell or even give away a timeshare that is not paid off yet. You should confirm via RCI and Grandview (Vacation Villages) the # of points per year and the maintenance fee.

I am not 100% sure, but I do not recollect there being a 90K unit. There are 98K units. If you have a 98K unit, they are not the top points but it still has a good MF to points ratio of less than 1 cent per point. There should be someone willing to take this off your hands.

I own a 49K point one bedroom at Grandview that has the same points/mf ratio as the 98K.
This is all foreign to me lol I don’t even know what MF to points ratio means. I wasn’t sure of the exact number of points but I know it’s in the 90’s so it may be 98k. It’s a 2bedroom and the maintenance fees are just below $440/year. I haven’t used it since 2016 so I really don’t know how any of this works.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Looks to me like you should do some research here to learn more about what you bought and how to use it.

Based upon your last post you own a 2 Bedroom every other year unit. You pay half the maintenance fee each year and as a result would get half the points allotment each year. You can use those points, which should be deposited into an account with RCI, to either stay at Grandview in a 1 Bedroom or trade to stay somewhere else gorgeous a week in a 1 bedroom unit.

If you can't or don't want to travel in a given year the points will just be held in your RCI account and have the next year's points added to it. Since you haven't used this in a couple of years you should have at least that 98,000 points waiting for you in your RCI account to trade. That can get 2 or 3 weeks of vacation at some other resorts if you don't want to stay at Grandview.

Trying to sell a timeshare or give back with an outstanding loan is next to impossible. Get your value out of it by using the points you have and enjoy some nice vacations.

Needmuchhelp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview
Looks to me like you should do some research here to learn more about what you bought and how to use it.

Based upon your last post you own a 2 Bedroom every other year unit. You pay half the maintenance fee each year and as a result would get half the points allotment each year. You can use those points, which should be deposited into an account with RCI, to either stay at Grandview in a 1 Bedroom or trade to stay somewhere else gorgeous a week in a 1 bedroom unit.

If you can't or don't want to travel in a given year the points will just be held in your RCI account and have the next year's points added to it. Since you haven't used this in a couple of years you should have at least that 98,000 points waiting for you in your RCI account to trade. That can get 2 or 3 weeks of vacation at some other resorts if you don't want to stay at Grandview.

Trying to sell a timeshare or give back with an outstanding loan is next to impossible. Get your value out of it by using the points you have and enjoy some nice vacations.
Unfortunately I’m not able to use it so I need to get rid of it. I don’t owe much on it so I can pay it off now so I can move forward with the process.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You need to find out what you have. I can assure you that you are mot getting 90,000 +/- RCI points for $440 per year. That would be less than 1/2 cent per point.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to find out what you have. I can assure you that you are mot getting 90,000 +/- RCI points for $440 per year. That would be less than 1/2 cent per point.

As noted above, they probably have 98K EOY.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Reactions: RX8

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
OAD - "One and Done"

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I just don't get it. The original OP hasn't been seen since they posted the original "I want to sell" almost a month ago. This is why the exit companies find so many willing victims. People just don't want to spend more than 5 minutes of their time trying to sell or give away their timeshare.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I just don't get it. The original OP hasn't been seen since they posted the original "I want to sell" almost a month ago. This is why the exit companies find so many willing victims. People just don't want to spend more than 5 minutes of their time trying to sell or give away their timeshare.

I responded right away and thought I gave the person a fairly decent tutorial. I included the 2022 maintenance fees, the information they needed to know about their week and gave them the contact number for LT Transfers.

No response, not even a like.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I sometimes refer to this as "hit and run".

Xoxokenlie

Reaction score
I responded right away and thought I gave the person a fairly decent tutorial. I included the 2022 maintenance fees, the information they needed to know about their week and gave them the contact number for LT Transfers.

No response, not even a like.

Yes, you did give great advice! I’m so appreciative for all of the help and advice this group has given. Thanks to your advice on this post as well as on my post I just started the process with LT Transfers with a seller for Vacation Village at Parkway with great trading power! I would have been pretty interested in this unit depending on if it fit our needs, but I am happy with the current purchase.

Needmuchhelp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview
As noted above, they probably have 98K EOY.
The timeshare is now paid off and I’ve done some research. I have week 12 odd year. I don’t have any points saved with RCI. How do I go about getting rid of it?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The timeshare is now paid off and I’ve done some research. I have week 12 odd year. I don’t have any points saved with RCI. How do I go about getting rid of it?
The first step is to NOT do what the original OP did which was to state that they wanted to sell, received some good advice but was ever heard from again.

The second step is to read post #2 as those questions would pertain to you with the only differences being the current maintenance fee charge.

Giving away a timeshare is not as scary as some people think. Using a company like LT Transfers to handle everything makes it even easier.

Some good forums to review, if you haven't already.

It would be worthwhile to read other posts for free timeshares to give you an idea on what information you would need in your free ad.

Last edited:

Needmuchhelp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview
The first step is to NOT do what the original OP did which was to state that they wanted to sell, received some good advice but was ever heard from again.

The second step is to read post #2 as those questions would pertain to you with the only differences being the current maintenance fee charge.

Giving away a timeshare is not as scary as some people think. Using a company like LT Transfers to handle everything makes it even easier.

Some good forums to review, if you haven't already.

It would be worthwhile to read other posts for free timeshares to give you an idea on what information you would need in your free ad.

Thanks, those helped out a lot! Once someone agreed to take it over I didn’t know where to go from there, but that forum cleared it up!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It looked like @rbjfamilytug was interested, look for a message directly from them, or reach out. Messages are sent using the little envelope icon up top on the right in the blue bar.