• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

San Luis Bay Inn Two Bedroom by Hilton Vacation Club in Avila Beach Ca Review

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Today I am reviewing the Two Bedroom unit of the San Luis Bay Inn by Hilton Vacation Club in Avila Beach, California. Avila Beach is about half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The bottom line is location, location, location... What a beautiful location right on the coast of California with beautiful views of the ocean and the coast.

This one is amazing... It comes with a view of the ocean, a full kitchen (including oven), a king size bed in the primary bedroom, two Double beds in the second bedroom, a pull out sofa bed. and a dining table. I suspect that they will upgrade the rooms as some of the features are a little dated but fully functional. The pool isn't super huge, but you have access to the ocean as well. The two bedroom comes with two bathrooms. They have many places where you can sit and enjoy the ocean outside on the grounds or inside on two different levels.

This resort is formerly part of Diamond International. The off peak season during the summer for a two Bedroom is 10,000 points which translates $1500/week. I really enjoyed this location as it is right off the beach (you do have to cross a small road).

San Luis Bay Inn Two Bedroom by Hilton Vacation Club in Avila Beach Ca Review

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Nice review Cliff.
Interesting that the guest room has a microwave and sink and mini fridge and yet the 2 bedroom unit is not a lockout.
I suppose that gives your guests a little more privacy.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We love that place - the views are amazing. Not fancy.

I have forgotten the details, but the original building may have been Glen Ivy or something like that, then Sunterra built the wings and much of it eventually ended up with Diamond - but I think there still were ownerships outside of Diamond (which may all be the original building??). The original building has geothermal hvac (or something similar) and the studios are big with a full kitchen and couch.

Favorite things we did in multiple trips:
1) US1 drive up to Carmel. I have driven a lot of US1 in Cali, it is the best stretch starting not far above Hearst Castle. MUST DO.
2) Bob Jones bike trail.
3) Hearst Castle visit
4) Friday night beach fest with food (you may have missed that)
5) Lighthouse tour/hike (more great views)

Enjoy !

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If you need to get out of the sweltering summer heat, the foggy summer California coast cannot be beat. Bring your jackets and long pants.