• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

San Francisco trip - need a restaurant idea

SusieQ927

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good and hopefully romantic restaurant at Fisheerman's Wharf for next Saturday night?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We really enjoyed Neptune's. I had some great Ahi Tuna, while Rick had chicken (of course). It was our 38th anniversary trip. We asked for a table by the water, and they were very accommodating. We just had to wait a bit for a good table. Wonderful experience.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Last edited:

SusieQ927

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just going to look at trip advisor. I booked the Fisherman's Wharf location because we love sunsets on the water, and without tripling the HH Points could not get a view room at the Hilton Union Square.

Maybe we should not eat by the wharf,
tell me other good restaurants in the city! I'm open.

rjp123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like garlic go to the "Stinking Rose" - 100% of the menu has garlic in it (even the ice cream) - it is a real unique place and the food is great as well.

http://www.thestinkingrose.com/

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I was just going to look at trip advisor. I booked the Fisherman's Wharf location because we love sunsets on the water, and without tripling the HH Points could not get a view room at the Hilton Union Square.

Maybe we should not eat by the wharf,
tell me other good restaurants in the city! I'm open.

I could be very wrong, but since the sun sets in the west I'm not sure what kind of sunset viewing you'll get at Fisherman's Wharf. That side of the bay faces east.

But, as I said I'm probably wrong. I did a quick Google search of sunset views from Fisherman's Wharf and it does look like you can see the sunset. In fact there was a listing of restaurants claiming to have good sunset viewing.

Last edited:

Adrienne

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's a sunset you're looking for go to The Cliff House! Right on the water, facing west, and practically on top of the ocean.
I'm from SF and have had some of the most romantic dinners of my life there.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
If it's a sunset you're looking for go to The Cliff House! Right on the water, facing west, and practically on top of the ocean.
I'm from SF and have had some of the most romantic dinners of my life there.

How is the food there? I haven't eaten there in years. The views are incredible, but as I remember the food was only "okay". Also parking is horrible.

Omne

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like garlic go to the "Stinking Rose" - 100% of the menu has garlic in it (even the ice cream) - it is a real unique place and the food is great as well.

A great restaurant. Actually they have a couple of things that can be ordered without garlic. Their Roasted Garlic Potato Onion soup is simply the best soup I've ever had.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

While probably good (I haven't eaten here) it's another one of the kind of touristy restaurants. It's in North Beach, which houses a lot of very good Italian restaurants. If you are looking for something romantic, with a view, this isn't it.

Again, just going by reviews (tripadvisor, Zagat, etc) Gary Danko keeps coming out on top. It doesn't look like it has any kind of views though.

http://www.garydanko.com/

If you want some great views, go to the revolving bar/restaurant at the top of the Hyatt Embarcardero for drinks.

Last edited:

Jasmine658

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ana Mandara, Gary Danko or McCormicks & Kuletos

Most wharf restaurants really are catering to tourists, such as the Italian restaurants at the wharf. You will be treated as a tourist, and generally get tourist quality food. We did Scoma's for large birthday party, several others like Boulevard, Waterfront Restaurant, were treated well but never felt compelled to return for the food, also too formal.

Favorites are McCormicks & Kuletos (now McCormicks & Schmick's), Ana Mandara, Fog City Diner, or Gary Danko.

For sunset views, we go to Beach Chalet (casual). Didn't care for Greens or for Cliff House. Recall Cliff House being embarrassing in quality when entertaining guests, as SF has so many good restaurants, and were disappointed there.

Last edited: