• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Uno Converted to Hilton and We've Been Told Nothing

kernhills

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information or experience in dealing with Royal Resorts and their sale of the Royal Uno to Hilton? We purchased 4800 points just shortly before the resort was sold off (of course we were told nothing about how this was going to happen), and we've heard nothing from either company since. I tried calling Hilton and they have no information in regards to previous ownership/contracts etc... There was a phone number offered in the email where they announced to the members that it was going to be sold, but now when you call it is just answered by static and disconnects after several minutes (888)215-4395. The last person I spoke to in September at that same phone number offered to have a representative call me back "within a few days" to discuss our options, but of course that didn't happen. Although Royal Resorts had a good reputation leading in to this experience, we can't help but feel Royally deceived and possibly the victims of a scam costing us over $30,000. I can't believe that neither company has reached out yet to share information with the owners.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal uno
Does anyone have any information or experience in dealing with Royal Resorts and their sale of the Royal Uno to Hilton? We purchased 4800 points just shortly before the resort was sold off (of course we were told nothing about how this was going to happen), and we've heard nothing from either company since. I tried calling Hilton and they have no information in regards to previous ownership/contracts etc... There was a phone number offered in the email where they announced to the members that it was going to be sold, but now when you call it is just answered by static and disconnects after several minutes (888)215-4395. The last person I spoke to in September at that same phone number offered to have a representative call me back "within a few days" to discuss our options, but of course that didn't happen. Although Royal Resorts had a good reputation leading in to this experience, we can't help but feel Royally deceived and possibly the victims of a scam costing us over $30,000. I can't believe that neither company has reached out yet to share information with the owners.
Do you have any update ? Im in the exact same situation as you. And i cant get a hold of someone who i can speak with regarding booking a reservation.

Fwaleed90

Reaction score
Any update on this would be super helpful! I was visiting Royal Cancun last week, and was told by a sales rep I could move over to Royal Haciendas, but it would forfeit some of my points annually and the contract would expire 5 years early. I also haven’t heard anything from the other side… where do we sit in this whole thing?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Didn't the Royals go to Holiday Inn and NOT Hilton?

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Didn't the Royals go to Holiday Inn and NOT Hilton?
The Royal Cancun, Royal Sands, Royal Hacienda, and Grand Residence went with Holiday Inn. The Royal Uno was sold to an investment group who leased the resort to Hilton.

meakin1326

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Islander Cancun
Who is handling the point system for the hotel that was the Royal Uno?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned fixed weeks at the Royal Resorts since 1991. Their sale to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations was a total shock. So far since the sale nothing seems to have changed for the fixed week owners. From what I understand if you purchased Royal Uno points you have the ability to change them to Points at one of the remaining Royal Resorts. On one of the FB pages someone had said that they could continue to use their points at the Royal Uno. Join the Royal Uno FB page. They are saying that the Royal Uno points are now Hilton Cancun Mar Caribe points and they are only good at that resort. I hope this helps.

rpennisi

Reaction score
We have owned fixed weeks at the Royal Resorts since 1991. Their sale to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations was a total shock. So far since the sale nothing seems to have changed for the fixed week owners. From what I understand if you purchased Royal Uno points you have the ability to change them to Points at one of the remaining Royal Resorts. On one of the FB pages someone had said that they could continue to use their points at the Royal Uno. Join the Royal Uno FB page. They are saying that the Royal Uno points are now Hilton Cancun Mar Caribe points and they are only good at that resort. I hope this helps.
I guess it's like DRI being bought by Hilton. Your week (and I guess points) have not changed, but now Hilton runs the show and owns any remaining weeks not already purchased.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it's like DRI being bought by Hilton. Your week (and I guess points) have not changed, but now Hilton runs the show and owns any remaining weeks not already purchased.
Hilton did not buy the rest of the RR so they do not own any unsold weeks. The Royal Uno only sold points!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does Hilton even have anything to do with it. As in HGV? It would seem this is an independant timeshare property with a colocated Hilton hotel? Is this resort really two properties in one? Royal Uno and a Hilton all inclusive resort.

mgsears19973

Reaction score
Reading comments and I am feeling not so alone. We purchased in 2022 and went in 2023 but had to stay at Royal Sands as we were told that Royal Uno was doing a maintenance shut down that week. We couldn't reschedule as we had already purchased airfare. To date we have had zero updates/communication/returned calls from either property. Called Wesley Financial Group and they were of no help and wanted more money that I mostly will never see.

willie92

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Uno
HGV Elara
Anyone heard anything new? I received a letter recently. It's got Holiday Inn Club Vacation letterhead, but that's not who bought the Royal Uno. They've got the other Royal Resort (as I understand it), but not the Royal Uno.
It provides numbers of 1-866-993-9061 or 407-378-2898 (Florida).
When I call those number it's for Interval Servicing, which is who was handling our Royal Uno loan before. When I asked about our current loan balance or paying the maintenance fee, they said they'd have to call the Mexico office. I stayed on hold waiting for the Mexico, but no one ever answered. Eventually the Florida office said they'd have to get ahold of the Mexico office and call me back. I'm not holding my breath.
Anyone else get a similar letter?