• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ron Jon Cape Caribe

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Effective midnight April 29, 2014, Orange Lake Resorts closed on a transaction with Cape Caribe, Inc., expanding the resort network of Orange Lake Resorts to include Ron Jon Resort Cape Caribe."

Should I be worried?

:shrug:

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that means you are part of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations network now? I've been to the Orange Lake properties and they were beautifully maintained. I would think this is good news!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think you should be worried. Colonial Crossings (Williamsburg) had a lot of deferred maintenance and upgrade issues so I think their MF's are going to jump a fair amount. The Desert Club (Las Vegas) I think had a fairly painless transition. Owners are offered but not required to convert to Holiday Inn Vacation Club points. I'm sure there will be some upgrades but if your resort was well maintained and up to date I should be more positive than negative and may give you additional options.

Reaction score
I think that is PHENOMENAL news! HICV does not have a good Florida Atlantic Coast resort, their only one is in Myrtle Beach. My wife and I went on a tour a couple years ago at Ron Jon Cape Caribe, it is a gorgeous resort. I just couldn't see buying a resort with only an RCI affiliation (in other words no other resorts that they could get into for free).

TS

htusa2002

Reaction score
HolidayInn take over-downfall?

HI-I keep reading over and over again on tripadvisor how bad Orange Lake is and all the roaches over and over again-now if they take over Ron Jon will it become a dump like this too?

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would take a lot of the reviews on Trip Advisor with a grain of salt. Hundreds of our TUG members have exchanged there and had a wonderful experience. I just checked the reviews on TA, and the vast majority are highly positive.

Dori

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orange Lake in my opinion is not a dumb. This is a resort with gorgeous landscaping, nice villas and some of the best on sites amenities for a t/s resort in Florida.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that means you are part of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations network now? I've been to the Orange Lake properties and they were beautifully maintained. I would think this is good news!

We normally used Ron Jon for pre Disney cruise or post cruise family time. This is truely an awesome resort.

Last edited:

jtech

Reaction score
Look Like Previous Ron Jon Owners will will in HIVC for "No Cost"

Frequently Asked Questions
What happened?

Effective midnight April 29, 2014, Orange Lake Resorts closed on a transaction with Cape Caribe, Inc., expanding the resort network of Orange Lake Resorts to include Ron Jon Resort Cape Caribe.

What's next for my resort?

Enhancements and improvements will be made at your resort to ensure it remains a prime vacation destination. On May 1, 2014, your resort is being renamed Holiday Inn Club Vacations® Cape Canaveral Beach Resort.
How does this affect my current ownership?

Your HOA has implemented a reservation system to ensure you can easily continue to use your timeshare. This system will be administered by Orange Lake Resorts. You may book reservations by calling (855) 739-0248.

However, if you want more choice and flexibility from your vacation ownership, we have great news. As an owner at Ron Jon Club Caribe, you have an exclusive, limited time opportunity to join Holiday Inn Club, our points-based timeshare product for no cost. But hurry, the deadline to join is June 27, 2014.

Any Idea what my Even Year , floating Week 2BR (deeded Week 33) or My Odd Year Floating Week 2BR (deeded Week 19) might be worth in HIVC points?

Thanks

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We own at Orange Lake in Kissimmee. Just returned from a 2 night stay at Holiday Inn Club in Myrtle Beach. The resort was clean and beach access nice. They informed us at check -in that HIVC now has a resort in Cape Canaveral, but if we wanted more info we would have to attend an "Owners Update Meeting". We refused since we only had one full day to enjoy our stay in Myrtle Beach, did not want to waste time listening to a sales pitch. I think it will be a good thing for Ron Jon and Orange Lake. Looking forward to visiting the newest resort.

TerryC:)

Reaction score
As a side note, at our local mall (Seminole Towne Center in Sanford FL), Ron Jon Cape Caribe had an Off-Property Contact (OPC) kiosk. Last week, we went, and the kiosk was gone. Since the OPC always had people talking to them, I wondered why... now I know!

TS

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are going to Ron Jon in September, used Holiday Inn Vacation Club points for a 2 night stay. Will report back after stay!
TerryC

Reaction score
For the most part, I don't think the quality of stay - they have always had a fun-filled oceanfront resort - is an issue, it's only how the resort works with their new owners (HICV).

TS

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
However, if you want more choice and flexibility from your vacation ownership, we have great news. As an owner at Ron Jon Club Caribe, you have an exclusive, limited time opportunity to join Holiday Inn Club, our points-based timeshare product for no cost. But hurry, the deadline to join is June 27, 2014.

Really, no cost? Good for those owners. When Holiday Inn Club bought out Summer Bay Desert Club in Las Vegas a few years ago, I do not recall us (owners) being given an option to join the club with no fee. I chose not to join. I simply use my points to exchange via RCI.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe Sandy said that her fee to join HIVC was around $200 for multiple units at Summer Bay Las Vegas.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
HI-I keep reading over and over again on tripadvisor how bad Orange Lake is and all the roaches over and over again-now if they take over Ron Jon will it become a dump like this too?

I have read these roach reviews myself. I know being in a tropical climate this is an issue. We had the same problem in Hawaii years ago and in each case we were staying on a ground floor unit. Once I figured out that these ground floor units were more susceptible to buggies and things, I always try to get above the ground floor.

Now, that is no excuse for maintenance, but I do not fault the resort. They just have to keep up with the bug spray maintenance, and the ground floors are most vulnerable, IMO.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frequently Asked Questions
What happened?

Any Idea what my Even Year , floating Week 2BR (deeded Week 33) or My Odd Year Floating Week 2BR (deeded Week 19) might be worth in HIVC points?

Thanks

This is good for your owners indeed. You are fortunate that your resort included HIVC at no charge. We had to pay $204 to join HIVC HICV, but I am satisfied that this was a fair price, especially given the thousands that others have paid. I am going over now to the website to check out Ron Jon for future trading opportunities!

Last edited:

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it is either $100 or $104. I paid both when joining. I should also mention that this includes the RCI membership, and membership in the Intercontinental Hotel Group. This IHG allows you to use points at all of their hotels whenever you want. The usual Holiday inns, plus some upscale resorts too. This is nice for whenever you want to go on vacation for a short weekend, and don't want to use timeshares. Or for those places where there are no timeshares or no availability.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I have stayed at Orange Lake East, West and River Island over the years and never had a problem with roaches. The units are always updated nicely. When we stayed in the Summer Bay Houses last year, there were roaches in my bathroom, which I detest. I tried not to let this ruin my vacation. I haven't stayed at Ron John in some years, but it was a resort I would definitely exchange into. The amenities were great.

Rehdaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Orange Lake East, West and River Island over the years and never had a problem with roaches. The units are always updated nicely. When we stayed in the Summer Bay Houses last year, there were roaches in my bathroom, which I detest. I tried not to let this ruin my vacation. I haven't stayed at Ron John in some years, but it was a resort I would definitely exchange into. The amenities were great.

Ditto for us as well @ Orange Lake. No roach problem. We even stayed in a ground floor unit in East village last year and saw no roaches.

mrswong1439

Reaction score
A little of both

So I also wondered whether it was a good or bad thing and honestly it's a bit of both. We bought partially for the discounts which are now GONE. There is no more friends and family discount and the club time discount for cape caribe owners will be on the chopping block in September which means that if owners want to stay outside of their week we will no longer get a club time discount. I am livid right now. I would much rather keep the discount then be signed up for a points program. Sure the points could be great, the those discounts were huge $50 over $190. I completely feel like we got screwed.

andex

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I also wondered whether it was a good or bad thing and honestly it's a bit of both. We bought partially for the discounts which are now GONE. There is no more friends and family discount and the club time discount for cape caribe owners will be on the chopping block in September which means that if owners want to stay outside of their week we will no longer get a club time discount. I am livid right now. I would much rather keep the discount then be signed up for a points program. Sure the points could be great, the those discounts were huge $50 over $190. I completely feel like we got screwed.

You might lose some benefits and gain some others! Lots of perks offered, Most owners are pleased with HIVC myself included!

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you HAVE to join the points program or can you just keep your underlying week of ownership? With the Desert club in Las vegas, it was an option to pay the small fee to get into the HICV HIVC club, and some folks did not. As a result, they still own their underlying week/points, and do not have affiliation with HIVC.

Is this the same with Ron Jon?

Reaction score
I think it is an option. Look at Hilton Elara. When Hilton took over, there are still people who own but through Westgate. Same with Star Island (both Star Island owners and Wyndham owners). Salesmen will find some way to get people to convert to HIVC points, like taking away benefits and giving them ONLY to HIVC owners.

TS