• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas and Frenchman's Cove Closed To Arrivals March25-April25 (at minimum)

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email. St. Thomas is closed for arrivals from March 25 till April 25 (at a minimum).

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just received an email. St. Thomas is closed for arrivals from March 25 till April 25 (at a minimum).
I saw this email, it looks like it is for rental AND owner reservations.

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the Rt. Carlton St. Thomas email we received this am:

Dear Owners,

In response to the unprecedented situation surrounding the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to make you aware that the Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands issued a Supplemental Executive Order and Proclamation order on March 23, 2020 ("Order"), in an attempt to limit the health impacts and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

As a result of the Order, The Ritz-Carlton Club®, St. Thomas will be closed to arrivals from March 25, 2020 through April 24, 2020 (which date may be extended based on further directives from any governmental authority), and all reservations for arrivals to the property prior to April 25, 2020 will be canceled.

Due to the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the closure of The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account and can be used for a future reservation or for select Explorer offerings within 120 days of travel, subject to the exchange procedures.

Due to extremely high call volume, we ask that you please refrain from contacting Marriott Vacation Club Owner Services at this time. For Owners with immediate questions, please contact Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com.  

We thank you for being part of the Marriott Vacation Club® family and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work with all Owners to navigate this unprecedented situation.

Sincerely,

Marriott Vacation Club Owner Services

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Here's the Rt. Carlton St. Thomas email we received this am:

Dear Owners,

In response to the unprecedented situation surrounding the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to make you aware that the Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands issued a Supplemental Executive Order and Proclamation order on March 23, 2020 ("Order"), in an attempt to limit the health impacts and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

As a result of the Order, The Ritz-Carlton Club®, St. Thomas will be closed to arrivals from March 25, 2020 through April 24, 2020 (which date may be extended based on further directives from any governmental authority), and all reservations for arrivals to the property prior to April 25, 2020 will be canceled.

Due to the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the closure of The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account and can be used for a future reservation or for select Explorer offerings within 120 days of travel, subject to the exchange procedures.

Due to extremely high call volume, we ask that you please refrain from contacting Marriott Vacation Club Owner Services at this time. For Owners with immediate questions, please contact Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com.  

We thank you for being part of the Marriott Vacation Club® family and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work with all Owners to navigate this unprecedented situation.

Sincerely,

Marriott Vacation Club Owner Services
Would this allow for people to collect on their insurance now?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I saw this email, it looks like it is for rental AND owner reservations.

I got the email and I was booked through interval. See below.

– – –
Dear Guests,   

As a result of the Order, Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove will be closed to arrivals from March 25 through April 24, 2020 (which date may be extended based on further directives from any governmental authority), and all reservations for arrivals to the property prior to April 25, 2020 will be canceled.    

Due to the unprecedented event, for those guests whose upcoming reservation has been cancelled, please note the following:
Rental Guests: Your reservation will be automatically cancelled, and guests who may have had an advance deposit reservation will receive a full refund of their advance deposit.
Interval International Exchange Guests: Please contact Interval International directly to discuss available options.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,  

Scott Derrickson
General Manager
Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
How nice they close the resorts and we get the holding account they should be in congress lol

But, by all appearances, they are in Congress (by way of ARDA (the American Resort Development Association (the timeshare developers' trade association), and ARDA's lobbyists on the Hill)).

In my opinion, for those of you who contrbute to ARDA-ROC, you might as well, instead, write a check to Bernie Madoff.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the order:

https://www.vi.gov/wp-content/uploa...f-Business-Govt.-and-Schools-fully-signed.pdf

From reading it, it appears they have been ordered to close, whether they want to or not. Section 1.B.ii.3. Just wanted to fact check it, lol. I know some travel insurances are trying to weasel out of paying for virus "fear", however, if the government closed it as it appears they did, I don't see how they can justify that. Some credit cards provide travel insurance as a benefit, some say as long as some part of a trip was charged with their card, some not. I would certainly attempt under these conditions, and likely not give up.

Last edited:

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
What is considered a new arrival? What if one can extend via renting additional time on for example Redweek where the current individual is already in country and at the resort. Have a potential issue at Ko Olina now where I have reservation booked through Wednesday April 8th and reservations booked Friday April 17th to Friday May 1st. Marriott will not allow me to book the gap (tried this morning) but I could fill it through 2 Redweek rentals. Risk that they may not consider it as an existing rental because of overlapping dates and may not matter anyway if they require everyone to vacate the property before then.

Interesting scenario I will have to take up with the property next week "if" we are still here. I believe Marriott wants everyone out to protect the employees who have to work while people are onsite.

BTW Ritz Carlton Lake Oconee closed effective March 22nd to June 1st. I was scheduled to be there May 16th to 22nd before heading to Aruba. Though times indeed......

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is considered a new arrival?

True, but 2 says cease operations. Really, all these orders are confusing in some way and left open to interpretation.