• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind with Welk? **Wanting to use day pass**

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Wow! No, I want to be YOU! So many points, and so much experience! I can’t wait to get there- when all of this won’t feel confusing and overwhelming to me! I faxed and mailed (certified) my letter rescinding the contract today :) you’d be proud!! Now, talking to calresorts about buying resale. Thanks you all SO MUCH! I’m going to look into Shell too! I’m saving all these posts with useful advice for me to continually refer back to :)

Calresorts is legit. I still think the best deal is the redweek points for $5, 300k Welk pts annual use at https://www.redweek.com/posting/R832541
7e1a8f983312812edf2f465998430f97.jpg

Calresorts does have some Welk deeded weeks for $2,500, cheaper than $3,000 Redweek offered. I saw the least expensive Welks pts in calresorts was $1,200, for 120k Welk pts annual.

Maybe the resident Welks TUG expert can provide guidance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrissyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calresorts is legit. I still think the best deal is the redweek points for $5, 300k Welk pts annual use at https://www.redweek.com/posting/R832541
7e1a8f983312812edf2f465998430f97.jpg

Calresorts does have some Welk deeded weeks for $2,500, cheaper than $3,000 Redweek offered. I saw the least expensive Welks pts in calresorts was $1,200, for 120k Welk pts annual.

Maybe the resident Welks TUG expert can provide guidance?

If I do deeded weeks, I think that’s fixed weeks at a designated resort, right? If so, I don’t want to do that. I want the flexibility to go all over the place, so I’m looking at points. I found out I’ll still get day pass use buying resale points. The only thing about the $5 redweek 300k points, is the annual maintenance fees. I think it would be over $2k/year. It’s a great deal but I don’t know if I can vacation that much! I found out I can’t even go to Cabo for 120k points though, so there’s that. I reallly want to go to Cabo. So I’d have to bank points probably, or go with a 180k point plan.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I do deeded weeks, I think that’s fixed weeks at a designated resort, right? If so, I don’t want to do that. I want the flexibility to go all over the place, so I’m looking at points. I found out I’ll still get day pass use buying resale points. The only thing about the $5 redweek 300k points, is the annual maintenance fees. I think it would be over $2k/year. It’s a great deal but I don’t know if I can vacation that much! I found out I can’t even go to Cabo for 120k points though, so there’s that. I reallly want to go to Cabo. So I’d have to bank points probably, or go with a 180k point plan.
Chrissy, you can go ANYWHERE using a deeded week as exchange material. You simply join an exchange company RCI and II are the 900 lb gorillas, and both have thousands of resorts. They assign a certain 'trading power' to your deposit, based on size, season, view, etc. and you can either submit an 'ongoing search' for what/where you want to go or select from the online 'catalog'. You are not restricted to ONLY where/when you own.

By comparison, with 'points', you are sort of restricted to the same system where the points are recognized as their 'currency'.

Jim

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The ones on Calresorts are not prepaid MF. They are prices in addition to MF and closing costs. http://www.calresorts.com/Welk-Resorts-Mountain-Villas.html

It looks like the 300k Welks TS already got bought. There’s a $50 Reedweek for every odd year 120k with MF $1,105 due every odd year. https://www.redweek.com/posting/R825797. That’s one vacation every two years.

Where is resident Welks expert?
2a2b78bcf899f01287cfcfad19b76e46.jpg

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You can definitely go to Cabo with 120k Welk points! Maybe not an entire week, but at least five weekdays, possibly even six days.

It seems like a day pass is very important for you. If so, wait until September/ October/ November, when TS prices go down. If you cannot wait, I suppose the $50 Redweek Welks EOYO TS, with buyer paying transfer/closing costs, isn't too bad. However, remember each TS purchase has at least $500+ in closing and transfer costs. However, if you can wait until September/ October/ November, you might find an annual 120k or 180k Welk for less than $100, and only have to pay the $500+ transfer and closing costs once if you want annual trips. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chrissy, you can go ANYWHERE using a deeded week as exchange material. You simply join an exchange company RCI and II are the 900 lb gorillas, and both have thousands of resorts. They assign a certain 'trading power' to your deposit, based on size, season, view, etc. and you can either submit an 'ongoing search' for what/where you want to go or select from the online 'catalog'. You are not restricted to ONLY where/when you own.

By comparison, with 'points', you are sort of restricted to the same system where the points are recognized as their 'currency'.

Jim

Jim, any reason why the $5 resale, Welks EY 300k, buyer paying closing/transfer costs went so quick? It was literally there for only three (3) days.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, any reason why the $5 resale, Welks EY 300k, buyer paying closing/transfer costs went so quick? It was literally there for only three (3) days.
I don't watch such things, but with all offerings, if something gets advertised at the same time someone is looking for such a thing, ker-CHING- a sale is made. Sales are just delayed until a buyer decides the offer works for them.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts

Jim

Welk's annual maintenance fee includes an RCI platinum membership, even resale. Welk owners can still trade with II as well but we have to pay for that membership now.
Welk owners have their own portal to RCI and our points go straight into RCI without having to deposit them. So with Welk, when you log in to RCI through the Welk owners page, your points are there and it's just like having an RCI points membership. Some resorts in RCI will let you book as little as two days (Wyndham and Exploria for sure) while weeks based resorts like Disney, we have to book a full week. And in peak season Welk points standards for a two bedroom in Welk, match with Disney. So 240k points will get me 7 nights in a 2BR in Welk San Diego, Branson, or a two Bedroom at Disney's Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. I've seen one Boulder Ridge 1BR in the summer for 120k and a 1BR at SSR in September for as little as 90k points.

One thing I love about Welk is that with being a points owner we don't have to worry about unit size, season, or view etc. Points are points but where this has some short-comings/frustrations is that while 120kpoints will get you a Large 1BR in Branson and Palm Springs, it will only get you a studio at Cabo (not even a full week) or Tahoe. So how many points you need is determined by how large a unit you want and where. The only Welk resort that has very much of a yellow/off-season is Tahoe and it's not a large window, just springtime, weeks 16-20 and two weeks in the fall, weeks 44 & 45.

As far as Redweek vs Calresorts to buy from. I don't know how much Redweek charges for closing costs but Calresorts lists it right near the top of the page.
YOU ARE GUARANTEED THAT TITLE IS CLEAR AND EVERYTHING IS CURRENT!
CLOSING COSTS ARE $395 PLUS RESORT TRANSFER FEE OF $295.

Also with Calresorts, if it's an annual ownership, the current years fees are already paid.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk's annual maintenance fee includes an RCI platinum membership, even resale. Welk owners can still trade with II as well but we have to pay for that membership now.
Welk owners have their own portal to RCI and our points go straight into RCI without having to deposit them. So with Welk, when you log in to RCI through the Welk owners page, your points are there and it's just like having an RCI points membership. Some resorts in RCI will let you book as little as two days (Wyndham and Exploria for sure) while weeks based resorts like Disney, we have to book a full week. And in peak season Welk points standards for a two bedroom in Welk, match with Disney. So 240k points will get me 7 nights in a 2BR in Welk San Diego, Branson, or a two Bedroom at Disney's Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. I've seen one Boulder Ridge 1BR in the summer for 120k and a 1BR at SSR in September for as little as 90k points.

One thing I love about Welk is that with being a points owner we don't have to worry about unit size, season, or view etc. Points are points but where this has some short-comings/frustrations is that while 120kpoints will get you a Large 1BR in Branson and Palm Springs, it will only get you a studio at Cabo (not even a full week) or Tahoe. So how many points you need is determined by how large a unit you want and where. The only Welk resort that has very much of a yellow/off-season is Tahoe and it's not a large window, just springtime, weeks 16-20 and two weeks in the fall, weeks 44 & 45.

As far as Redweek vs Calresorts to buy from. I don't know how much Redweek charges for closing costs but Calresorts lists it right near the top of the page.
YOU ARE GUARANTEED THAT TITLE IS CLEAR AND EVERYTHING IS CURRENT!
CLOSING COSTS ARE $395 PLUS RESORT TRANSFER FEE OF $295.

Also with Calresorts, if it's an annual ownership, the current years fees are already paid.

Checking my Redweek quotes. Closing costs are whatever the seller says. I’ve seen $200 quotes with LT transfers to $750 (possibly inflated or exaggerated) for some other closing company. For RedWeek, I mainly focused on Verified because it means RedWeek checked the estoppel.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Checking my Redweek quotes. Closing costs are whatever the seller says. I’ve seen $200 quotes with LT transfers to $750 (possibly inflated or exaggerated) for some other closing company. For RedWeek, I mainly focused on Verified because it means RedWeek checked the estoppel.

That's good. I know Redweek is trusted I just don't have any experience with them and I like how upfront Calresorts is.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Don't you need direct to trade into DVC?
You can snatch weeks on RCI and for the time being, Welk has priority access to Disney resorts that show up there.
Welk does she platinum premiere owners who bought from the developer to book directly through Welk into SSR and Disney Boardwalk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Guitarmom

Reaction score
Chrissy, you cannot get a week at Welk for $50. Yes, you may see it advertised. Yes, the seller will accept your offer. But no, the transaction will not go through.

There's this term in the Timeshare industry, "Right of First Refusal" (aka ROFR). ROFR means that when a developer feels that a selling price is too low, they exercise their ROFR, pay the seller their lowball asking price, and buy the week themselves. The seller gets his money, the buyer gets disappointed, and the developer has another week they can sell for $40,000.

Welk regularly exercises its ROFR.

Your safest route is to buy from calresorts.com. The owner has an excellent feel for Welk's bottom line on ROFR. Calresorts may look like its weeks are expensive, but their prices are legitimate. A $50 price tag for Welk will leave you without a week. Remember, you'll save thousands buying from Calresorts instead of the developer.

Last edited: