• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale vs. Developer Grand Desert

Chief Rhoads

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Previously Worldmark
Hello fellow TUG Members,

I am in the process of buying a contract for 282k points on the resale market. Still waiting patiently for Wyndham to process the paperwork (they received the initial notice of sale on 6 NOV) and we have yet to receive the contract from Wyndham to sign in-front of a notary and send back in.

We are currently in Las Vegas on vacation so we decided to stop by the Grand Desert to check it out and take part in the presentation so I could show the wife the resort, and hear from Wyndham on all of the benefits of being a member. I will provide a rundown of what we were told at the end when we balked at the price and I specifically asked them to sell me on buying developer credits over buying resale.

1. They said that Wyndham marks our contract in the backend as resale. The first lady told us that buying resale would move us to the bottom priority for booking and would even be under RCI exchange. The "closer" stated that we would be given priority under developer timeshare owners.

2. Buying resale means that we would not have ARP.

3. Of course Wyndham would not treat resale people the same as developer people.

4. When I confronted them both on people continually purchasing resale contracts they stated those people have tons of credits, but can't use them. I said why would people buy additional contracts on the resale market when they can't use them. She just said some people like to have status of a lot of credits, but trust her they can't use them.

5. To scare us they should us that our name was now associated with an account number with them and that if we left today we could no longer get the discounted rate (200k contract for 29k), but would have to pay full price of 50k.

6. That buying resale does not get you RCI Platinum as part of your contract so you would have to pay for RCI on top of your maintenance fees.

They did give us a great tour of the property and recommended we check out the newer resort in Vegas (Desert Blue) as it is less kid friendly (we are here without the kids currently).

I have searched through the site a ton, but want to just reconfirm a few things.

Besides VIP status not being obtained through resale, what other "Cons" are there for purchasing resale? Do you still gain access to discounted hotels? Are you eligible for the perks by Wyndham? What about being able to book at affiliate resorts (Worldmark or Shell etc.)

Appreciate your time reading this and any answers/clarification you provide.

Kent

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
What parts of their pitch were in writing?

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I'll tell you only what I know is a fact. Yes, you will have ARP rights at the resort you buy. No you will not be put at the "backend" of people trying to book a reservation. When a reservation window opens, you will have the same rights to book a unit as any other owner. Wyndham resorts and the good people staffing them treat every guest the same, generally very well. I'm not sure if the resort personnel (aside from sales) even have the ability to know what kind of ownership we own. People don't buy resale contracts for fun, they buy them to use them and they do use them. Any offer they made to you will still be available to you a week later. I don't know what RCI Platinum is, but we all get a free RCI membership. The only things I see that are true are that your resale points will not count to achieve Wyndham VIP status, you can't book Worldmark resorts as a resale owner or get "Perks by Wyndham". I don't know about hotel discounts, but anyone can join the Wyndham Rewards program for free and get discounted hotel rates and accrue points for free or discounted rooms. No cost.

Chief Rhoads

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What parts of their pitch were in writing?
The things that were in writing was the "price lock", but not that if we did not buy today that we would have to go back to the original quote.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Other people posted in another thread that you cannot get the platinum benefits with the free RCI weeks account that every owner, even resale, gets with their Wyndham ownership. If you could get them that would be something you have to pay extra for anyhow.

With resale you won't have Plus Partners which I believe means you can't use your points to book the World Mark resorts. I've never used our points to book a World Mark resort anyhow but we live on the East Coast and most of the World Mark resorts are on the West Coast. But that means you also won't be paying .60 per thousand points on your program fees to have Plus Partners but instead will pay $0.58 per thousand.

Yes the resale deeds and contracts are coded differently than developer purchased ones. So no you won't be able to use your resale deeded points to get VIP status. Most people don't want to spend the money to do that anyhow. So you and they would care about that, not at all!

The reason people have points they can't use is because they bought more than they can use or something happened in their lives that they are no longer able to travel as much. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether their points were developer purchases or resale.

Grand Desert has maintenance fees in the mid to lower range so good job on buying the Grand Desert resale deed. You also bought over the number of points you need to not get stuck paying the minimum program fee of $135 instead of .58 per thousand points which is good. And 282K points is enough to actually do something with so good job on that too.

We are presidential reserve owners and don't stay at Desert Blue which has presidential reserve units because we love Grand Desert. It is a great location and we can walk over to Ellis Island to eat. They have decent food at reasonable prices, and unless they have changed it in the last few months they have buy one get one pizza, slice or whole pie, on Sundays and Thursdays. The barbecue is good too. And they have their own micro brewery. I like the heffinwiese they serve with a wedge of lemon. And they make their own root beer too which is very good. When you are standing out front of Grand Desert walk up to the light on Harmon and Koval and take a right. Ellis Island is just down the block on the right hand side. I find great deals on Living Social, Groupon, Travelzoo and Gold Star for show tickets, restaurants and activities. We always seem to see a show at Planet Hollywood's V or Saxe Theaters. It is an easy walk up to the Strip on Harmon and it takes you right by the Miracle Mile shops and theaters for Planet Hollywood. Another place we like to go is Battista's Hole in the Wall restaurant. If you are walking from Grand Desert and coming over Koval you will head up towards the Strip on right hand side of Flamingo. The restaurant will be tucked in on the left side of Linq Lane. If you get to the Cromwell you've passed the side street it's on. A nice size carafe of wine, red or white, comes with the meal and we don't have to worry about drinking it and driving.

Make sure you get over to the Bellagio to see the conservatory. It is always beautiful and will be decorated with a Christmas theme right now.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow TUG Members,

I am in the process of buying a contract for 282k points on the resale market. Still waiting patiently for Wyndham to process the paperwork (they received the initial notice of sale on 6 NOV) and we have yet to receive the contract from Wyndham to sign in-front of a notary and send back in.

We are currently in Las Vegas on vacation so we decided to stop by the Grand Desert to check it out and take part in the presentation so I could show the wife the resort, and hear from Wyndham on all of the benefits of being a member. I will provide a rundown of what we were told at the end when we balked at the price and I specifically asked them to sell me on buying developer credits over buying resale.

1. They said that Wyndham marks our contract in the backend as resale. The first lady told us that buying resale would move us to the bottom priority for booking and would even be under RCI exchange. The "closer" stated that we would be given priority under developer timeshare owners.

2. Buying resale means that we would not have ARP.

3. Of course Wyndham would not treat resale people the same as developer people.

4. When I confronted them both on people continually purchasing resale contracts they stated those people have tons of credits, but can't use them. I said why would people buy additional contracts on the resale market when they can't use them. She just said some people like to have status of a lot of credits, but trust her they can't use them.

5. To scare us they should us that our name was now associated with an account number with them and that if we left today we could no longer get the discounted rate (200k contract for 29k), but would have to pay full price of 50k.

6. That buying resale does not get you RCI Platinum as part of your contract so you would have to pay for RCI on top of your maintenance fees.

They did give us a great tour of the property and recommended we check out the newer resort in Vegas (Desert Blue) as it is less kid friendly (we are here without the kids currently).

I have searched through the site a ton, but want to just reconfirm a few things.

Besides VIP status not being obtained through resale, what other "Cons" are there for purchasing resale? Do you still gain access to discounted hotels? Are you eligible for the perks by Wyndham? What about being able to book at affiliate resorts (Worldmark or Shell etc.)

Appreciate your time reading this and any answers/clarification you provide.

Kent
I have over two million points bought resale. They all have ARP at their home resort except some converted fixed weeks that only have ARP at the underlying week. If the deed had reciprocal ARP or Outrigger ARP it comes with that.

At ten months, points are points everywhere. You can’t use resale for Worldmark so I bought Resale Worldmark.

Platinum RCI is available to timeshare weeks owners for like $100 or so. It gives some 10% discount on combining, extending, and reservations. Most think it isn’t worth it unless you have a lot of transactions. I do and still have made my fees back.

The main benefit of developer points is upgrades and discounts, both of which occur in a short window as available and not garunteed. I hear the VIPs complain on here all the time.

My two million points cost about $10000 because I went for smaller deeds with lower fees. Had I bought retail it would have been $300K.

I’ve never had a problem booking at ten months anywhere, but then again I don’t try to get the handful of event weeks that book on day one of ARP.

I could reverse engineer the grain of truth behind each sales statement but bottom line is you will get 100% true answers on TUG and only 1% true answers from sales who need you to buy so they can eat.

The resorts are great. Resale Wyndham is the best deal out there. My cost per week at a one bedroom with kitchen is $400 to $600, That’s cheaper than a hotel 6.

If I was telling someone the best resort in terms of upfront and ongoing cost I would be hard pressed to come up with one better than Grand Desert. If you plan to go to Hawaii it is worth paying a bit more for Bali Hai, but systemwide Grand Desert is reasonable on retail and nit prone to special assessments that come with hurricanes.

If all the above doesn’t resonate, Ron, who was a Wyndham Jedi Master if 40 million points often makes two unassailable logic points:

1. If resale was worthless, then who would buy developer points you could never sell?

2. Do the math. Figure out what you’d pay on developer points verses buying resale and putting the savings in any financial asset. Figure out what the break even number of years is if you always got ever upgrade and discount. Spoiler alert: never

Wyndham cannot render resale points worthless or overly restrict their use or they would face a wave of defaults from resale owners and be stuck paying dues themselves. Because it is deed based in trust they would almost certainly be violating the law as well.

There are very few on TUG that would argue developer over resale and those that do usually have very special circumstances (i.e. mega renters or grandfathered into some special deal no longer available, or were able to convert resale with a small purchase).

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your safest play is to conclude that everything they told you was a lie. The only true statement they made was in writing, and that’s the current price offered to you for the contract. Everything else ... lies.

They use lies and scare tactics to mislead.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
If VIP status is important to you, check out in other threads how to utilize the PIC program of combining developer points with non Wyndham RCI timeshare weeks to get VIP points

It's the best of both worlds of that matters to you.

If not, resale is the way to go.

You can only use points at the Wyndham resorts and not the hotels ....

I have a Wyndham credit card and get reward points for hotels that way.

The forums here are a wealth of information and if your search my name, I asked ALOT of newbie resale questions

I am in the middle of waiting in the transfer of Bonnet Creek points

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Chief Rhoads

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Other people posted in another thread that you cannot get the platinum benefits with the free RCI weeks account that every owner, even resale, gets with their Wyndham ownership. If you could get them that would be something you have to pay extra for anyhow.

With resale you won't have Plus Partners which I believe means you can't use your points to book the World Mark resorts. I've never used our points to book a World Mark resort anyhow but we live on the East Coast and most of the World Mark resorts are on the West Coast. But that means you also won't be paying .60 per thousand points on your program fees to have Plus Partners but instead will pay $0.58 per thousand.

Yes the resale deeds and contracts are coded differently than developer purchased ones. So no you won't be able to use your resale deeded points to get VIP status. Most people don't want to spend the money to do that anyhow. So you and they would care about that, not at all!

The reason people have points they can't use is because they bought more than they can use or something happened in their lives that they are no longer able to travel as much. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether their points were developer purchases or resale.

Grand Desert has maintenance fees in the mid to lower range so good job on buying the Grand Desert resale deed. You also bought over the number of points you need to not get stuck paying the minimum program fee of $135 instead of .58 per thousand points which is good. And 282K points is enough to actually do something with so good job on that too.

We are presidential reserve owners and don't stay at Desert Blue which has presidential reserve units because we love Grand Desert. It is a great location and we can walk over to Ellis Island to eat. They have decent food at reasonable prices, and unless they have changed it in the last few months they have buy one get one pizza, slice or whole pie, on Sundays and Thursdays. The barbecue is good too. And they have their own micro brewery. I like the heffinwiese they serve with a wedge of lemon. And they make their own root beer too which is very good. When you are standing out front of Grand Desert walk up to the light on Harmon and Koval and take a right. Ellis Island is just down the block on the right hand side. I find great deals on Living Social, Groupon, Travelzoo and Gold Star for show tickets, restaurants and activities. We always seem to see a show at Planet Hollywood's V or Saxe Theaters. It is an easy walk up to the Strip on Harmon and it takes you right by the Miracle Mile shops and theaters for Planet Hollywood. Another place we like to go is Battista's Hole in the Wall restaurant. If you are walking from Grand Desert and coming over Koval you will head up towards the Strip on right hand side of Flamingo. The restaurant will be tucked in on the left side of Linq Lane. If you get to the Cromwell you've passed the side street it's on. A nice size carafe of wine, red or white, comes with the meal and we don't have to worry about drinking it and driving.

Make sure you get over to the Bellagio to see the conservatory. It is always beautiful and will be decorated with a Christmas theme right now.

We actually bought our account as CWA, so it is not a deeded Grand Desert so we will pay more for maintenance fees than if we bought strictly Grand Desert. For us it was important to have flexibility to book a year in advance since we want to book 1-2 weeks over Christmas for vacations with the kids. Then we also know that July 4th timeframe will usually be the timeline I have vacation allowed. Once I retire from the military it will be much easier to vacation outside of those times, but with everything I learned here researching I only wish I had bought a few more to get one more reservation ticket for smaller stays, but for only 19 dollars I save more than that in maintenance fees.

Thanks again everyone for your information and time.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I hope you don’t mind me echoing some of the other statements, but I wanted to add to them. I’ll address them in order.

1. The sales people have no way of knowing priorities of booking other then ARP. I know of plenty of resale owners who booked presidential reserve units. Remember, 25% of PR inventory is made available to the commoners. :). It’s how they get fresh meat. Also, RCI has no way of knowing if you have resale or retail. One of my PIC weeks is resale, but Wyndham treats those PIC points as retail, which is why they count towards VIP status. Wyndham has no way of knowing if you bought it resale or retail because they do not have access to the individual resort systems. So Vacation villages doesn’t tell Wyndham my fixed week was bought in eBay for $28. Also, RCI has a totally different reservations ystem which, and has no access to look at the Wyndham system to see which points are retail and which are resale.

2. Wyndham cannot take ARP from you because it’s resale. For CWA, it does not specify in the trus agreement, that resale gets different booking privileges. If they were bumping resale to the back of the line, they could get in trouble for violating the trust rules. For deeded property, the deed specifies which resort you have ownership in. The Club Wyndham trust agreement (not the same as CWA trust agreement) also does not say resale has different booking privileges.

3. There are no reports of resale owners being treated badly because they were resale, except by the sales staff. Even then, it’s not a good sales practice to treat someone like dirt, if you want them to buy something. Some sales people do, but they are the ones who are not making much commission. The ones who make good commissions are the ones who treat you like you are their best friend, and they are looking out for your best interest. The front desk staff, house keeping, activities people, etc all treat you the same.

4. As another has said, the only people who have points they cannot use are people who bought more then they needed, plans have changed, didn’t know their lifestyle doesn’t work with timeshares, or don’t know how to use the system. The same can happen if you buy retail from a sales person who embellish, stretch the truth, or outright lie. People buy in with false information so they have the wrong expectations. Having a lot of credits does not give you status. If you are supposedly treated badly because you are a resale owner, how is having more points going to help with that?

5. Hahahahahahahahaha. If they don’t want to give you the same deal, another sales person would be more then happy to give it to you. Better yet, telesales is cheaper.

6. Everyone gets a standard RCI membership. That membership cannot be upgrade to Platnium regardless of resale or retail status. An RCI started to ask if I wanted to upgrade my RCI account to Platinum, but stopped when she saw it was a Wyndham points owner RCI membership. So no one can be Platnium unless you have an RCI membership separate from Wyndham.

If you are referring to Perks by Wyndham, anyone can pay $60 a year to get that useless product. If you are referring to Wyndham rewards, any one can sign up for a free account and/or the credit card. However, resale owners cannot convert their points to Wyndham rewards points. Terrible conversion rate. 37,500 points equals 15,000 rewards points. You need 15,000 points to get a “free” night in a hotel. Plus there is a $99 conversion fee. If you want to spend two nights in a hotel, you need 75,000 points and pay $99. The maintenance fees in 75,000 CWA fees is $494.25. Add in the $99 and two nights cost you $297 a night. Unless you are staying in a pretty posh hotel, you’re not getting anywhere close to your money’s worth there. Also, you can only convert future years points to Wyndham rewards. Some people try to do it with left over points at the end of the year but find out they cannot. You do get the 20% discount in Wyndham hotels.

So, just to recap, everything they said was wrong. The only things you don’t get are VIP, Club Pass, Plus Partners (unless you already have a retail purchase), and conversion to Wyndham rewards.

I would check with title and deeding about your transfer. People have been reporting transfer times of less then two months recently. It’s true this is busy season, but I would think you would have received the form by now. Ask them to check the notes to see if anything is missing. Anything the transfer company forgot to include. Just call the main number and choose option 2.

I’m a gold ViP owner with PIC. I booked a room a weekend at National Harbor for two nights. I booked a one bedroom at a discount and got the free upgrade. With resale, I would have paid full price for that two bedroom. If I had CWA points, that reservation would have cost me 25,000 more, which is $165 in maintenance fees. Not a big difference, but that’s just for one weekend. We usually travel a few weeks out if the year with the occasional weekend getaway. We normally have two or more rooms as well. I didn’t pay six figures for gold vip, so I had less out of pocket to make up for. Aside from the discounts and upgrades (never a guarantee), I do like the extended time to roll points forward, unlimited reservation transaction credits, unlimited housekeeping credits, RARP, and a few other VIP benefits. VIP is perceived value in that each person may value something different. Having more time to roll points forward may have a higher value to me, then you. Ultimately it’s up to you in if VIP is worth it. Everyone has their own opinion, but when it comes to your money and financial security, the only opinion that matters is yours.

Last edited:

Chief Rhoads

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope you don’t mind me echoing some of the other statements, but I wanted to add to them. I’ll address them in order.

1. The sales people have no way of knowing priorities of booking other then ARP. I know of plenty of resale owners who booked presidential reserve units. Remember, 25% of PR inventory is made available to the commoners. :). It’s how they get fresh meat. Also, RCI has no way of knowing if you have resale or retail. One of my PIC weeks is resale, but Wyndham treats those PIC points as retail, which is why they count towards VIP status. Wyndham has no way of knowing if you bought it resale or retail because they do not have access to the individual resort systems. So Vacation villages doesn’t tell Wyndham my fixed week was bought in eBay for $28. Also, RCI has a totally different reservations ystem which, and has no access to look at the Wyndham system to see which points are retail and which are resale.

2. Wyndham cannot take ARP from you because it’s resale. For CWA, it does not specify in the trus agreement, that resale gets different booking privileges. If they were bumping resale to the back of the line, they could get in trouble for violating the trust rules. For deeded property, the deed specifies which resort you have ownership in. The Club Wyndham trust agreement (not the same as CWA trust agreement) also does not say resale has different booking privileges.

3. There are no reports of resale owners being treated badly because they were resale, except by the sales staff. Even then, it’s not a good sales practice to treat someone like dirt, if you want them to buy something. Some sales people do, but they are the ones who are not making much commission. The ones who make good commissions are the ones who treat you like you are their best friend, and they are looking out for your best interest. The front desk staff, house keeping, activities people, etc all treat you the same.

4. As another has said, the only people who have points they cannot use are people who bought more then they needed, plans have changed, didn’t know their lifestyle doesn’t work with timeshares, or don’t know how to use the system. The same can happen if you buy retail from a sales person who embellish, stretch the truth, or outright lie. People buy in with false information so they have the wrong expectations. Having a lot of credits does not give you status. If you are supposedly treated badly because you are a resale owner, how is having more points going to help with that?

5. Hahahahahahahahaha. If they don’t want to give you the same deal, another sales person would be more then happy to give it to you. Better yet, telesales is cheaper.

6. Everyone gets a standard RCI membership. That membership cannot be upgrade to Platnium regardless of resale or retail status. An RCI started to ask if I wanted to upgrade my RCI account to Platinum, but stopped when she saw it was a Wyndham points owner RCI membership. So no one can be Platnium unless you have an RCI membership separate from Wyndham.

If you are referring to Perks by Wyndham, anyone can pay $60 a year to get that useless product. If you are referring to Wyndham rewards, any one can sign up for a free account and/or the credit card. However, resale owners cannot convert their points to Wyndham rewards points. Terrible conversion rate. 37,500 points equals 15,000 rewards points. You need 15,000 points to get a “free” night in a hotel. Plus there is a $99 conversion fee. If you want to spend two nights in a hotel, you need 75,000 points and pay $99. The maintenance fees in 75,000 CWA fees is $494.25. Add in the $99 and two nights cost you $297 a night. Unless you are staying in a pretty posh hotel, you’re not getting anywhere close to your money’s worth there. Also, you can only convert future years points to Wyndham rewards. Some people try to do it with left over points at the end of the year but find out they cannot. You do get the 20% discount in Wyndham hotels.

So, just to recap, everything they said was wrong. The only things you don’t get are VIP, Club Pass, Plus Partners (unless you already have a retail purchase), and conversion to Wyndham rewards.

I would check with title and deeding about your transfer. People have been reporting transfer times of less then two months recently. It’s true this is busy season, but I would think you would have received the form by now. Ask them to check the notes to see if anything is missing. Anything the transfer company forgot to include. Just call the main number and choose option 2.

I’m a gold ViP owner with PIC. I booked a room a weekend at National Harbor for two nights. I booked a one bedroom at a discount and got the free upgrade. With resale, I would have paid full price for that two bedroom. If I had CWA points, that reservation would have cost me 25,000 more, which is $165 in maintenance fees. Not a big difference, but that’s just for one weekend. We usually travel a few weeks out if the year with the occasional weekend getaway. We normally have two or more rooms as well. I didn’t pay six figures for gold vip, so I had less out of pocket to make up for. Aside from the discounts and upgrades (never a guarantee), I do like the extended time to roll points forward, unlimited reservation transaction credits, unlimited housekeeping credits, RARP, and a few other VIP benefits. VIP is perceived value in that each person may value something different. Having more time to roll points forward may have a higher value to me, then you. Ultimately it’s up to you in if VIP is worth it. Everyone has their own opinion, but when it comes to your money and financial security, the only opinion that matters is yours.

Thank you so much for you feedback. I called the Wyndham transfer department about a week after I signed the initial sales agreement to send to Wyndham. They confirmed they had it and that it was in process. Then I called two weeks ago to check on the status and was rudely told that the paperwork is 6 weeks from when the received it so it would be another couple weeks before I see anything. I tried to get a little more fidelity on the timeline of my specific paperwork, but she just got frustrated even more with me and kept repeating it is 6 weeks which means roughly 21st of December. I will try calling tomorrow again since now the 6 weeks is passed and see if I can get a new update. I am very excited to get my account official and start digging in more on how to be a Wyndham user expert like so many others on this board.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you so much for you feedback. I called the Wyndham transfer department about a week after I signed the initial sales agreement to send to Wyndham. They confirmed they had it and that it was in process. Then I called two weeks ago to check on the status and was rudely told that the paperwork is 6 weeks from when the received it so it would be another couple weeks before I see anything. I tried to get a little more fidelity on the timeline of my specific paperwork, but she just got frustrated even more with me and kept repeating it is 6 weeks which means roughly 21st of December. I will try calling tomorrow again since now the 6 weeks is passed and see if I can get a new update. I am very excited to get my account official and start digging in more on how to be a Wyndham user expert like so many others on this board.

I wish I could say I was surprised about the attitude. This is a busy time of year for them and I’m sure they have a lot of people calling. Especially the sellers who are on the annual payment plan for dues. If it’s not transferred by January 1, they may end up having to pay the dues for that year. They don’t want to pay the annual dues.

Before the new system went into place, I had gotten a resale contract in the first week of November. Wyndham has the paperwork on December 5th I think it was. Wasn’t in my account until mid February. Since this is a busy time of year for them. I would not be surprised if it took 10-12 weeks. It’s ok to call, but I would be surprised if you didn’t see it until end of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Rhoads

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hope you are wrong, but we shall see. We don't really need to book anything until Christmas timeframe because we already have summer of 2019 taken care of.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could say I was surprised about the attitude. This is a busy time of year for them and I’m sure they have a lot of people calling. Especially the sellers who are on the annual payment plan for dues. If it’s not transferred by January 1, they may end up having to pay the dues for that year. They don’t want to pay the annual dues.

Before the new system went into place, I had gotten a resale contract in the first week of November. Wyndham has the paperwork on December 5th I think it was. Wasn’t in my account until mid February. Since this is a busy time of year for them. I would not be surprised if it took 10-12 weeks. It’s ok to call, but I would be surprised if you didn’t see it until end of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold two Bonnet creek deeds, first deed Wyndham received 10/26 still waiting on Wyndham to transfer. Second Bonnet Creek deed Wyndham received 11/27. Transfer completed by Wyndham on 12/19 about 3 weeks total time . No issues with paper work submitted on first deed. I call weekly on deeds in process. Many times questions are answered and customer service reps are very polite and helpful. On occasion you will get a rude one that can be very short and bothered by your call.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
That is good to hear , I started the transfer that I bought on bonnet Creek in OCT and still waiting for it to transfer.... Hahaha maybe i bought yours....lol i doubt it though because before i found this site and read everything correctly, I used the sell your time share website to buy my bonnet Creek.....ooppps... Don't yell st me.....lol

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
a bit help... what is the difference between Deeded Wyndham vs CWA ? I understand resale CWA you can use at any below (1) (2) + (3) but not 4-7 (i think??? not certain yet). but what of the Deeded? thanks.

(1) Club Wyndham Plus Resorts
(2) Affiliate Resorts
(3) Associate Resorts
(4) Associate Hotel
(5) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Resort
(6) Wyndham Club Pass Resort (i think this is WorldMark???)
(7) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Associate Hotel

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
a bit help... what is the difference between Deeded Wyndham vs CWA ? I understand resale CWA you can use at any below (1) (2) + (3) but not 4-7 (i think??? not certain yet). but what of the Deeded? thanks.

(1) Club Wyndham Plus Resorts
(2) Affiliate Resorts
(3) Associate Resorts
(4) Associate Hotel
(5) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Resort
(6) Wyndham Club Pass Resort (i think this is WorldMark???)
(7) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Associate Hotel
Deeded ownership can have about 3 variations of ownership;
1. ARP- Advanced Reservation Period 10 to 13 months at one resort. Your home resort where the deeded ownership is
2. ARP at home resort and RARP [Reciprocal ARP] at another resort. These usually were sold prior to a resort opening.
3. ARP at home resort and RARP at a few resorts. For example some Hawaii deeded resorts belong to the ORC [Outrigger Resort Club] another example several deeded Myrtle Beach resorts have RARP at the other Myrtle Beach Resorts

CWA has ARP at around 75 to 80 resorts. It’s a certificate of ownership points in CWA. CWA owns the deeds at the resorts

I didn’t get into converted weeks as that can get confusing but they are pretty much like the deeded ownership rights that I described

At 10 months points are points as we say here.