• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TKThom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been attempting to rent my timeshare and have had no success. Wondering if anyone has any input. I am way below in price than any redweek. Its not a preferred week but a good week (last full week before schools start back up). Any suggestions would be welcomed!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I have been attempting to rent my timeshare and have had no success. Wondering if anyone has any input. I am way below in price than any redweek. Its not a preferred week but a good week (last full week before schools start back up). Any suggestions would be welcomed!

[Friendly reminder: Please don't ask people to post their rentals in the discussion forums: That is considered advertising.]

Can you provide more details please...

Property name
Dates
# of bedrooms
View

If you have it on Redweek TUG message me the link and I can take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKThom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edited to comply with discussion forum rules: [Marriott - Hawaii - late August]

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Edited to comply with discussion forum rules: [Marriott - Hawaii - late August]
Where do you have it listed for rent?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Am I allowed to post price?

Not in this particular forum.

If it is not listed on Redweek, where do you have it listed? I typically list here, Redweek, my own website, and craigslist (and occasionally ebay); craigslist is far and away the place I get the most renters from.

TKThom

TUG Member
Reaction score
listed on this site (maybe the price is to high, but I thought people would negotiate?)
listed on the Marriott FB sites and TimeShare Rentals on FB and Marriott Ko Olina Owners Site

and honestly I never thought of craigslist. I don't like the scams that seem to be prevalent on there so it did not occur to me.

we usually always use the week because we LOVE Ko Olina, but family issues make it impossible to use this year. With it being a little more than 3 months away I really wanted to get it rented. I will look at craigslist!

echino

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
List on go-koala.com

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Schools in many parts of the country start way before Labor Day. My kids first day back to school is August 15th.

I do think the rental market is pretty soft this year also. I had multiple July weeks to rent at Ocean Pointe and had not rented a single one of them as of April 1. I was starting to get pretty nervous but all of them rented between 4/5 and 5/1 with the last one going at the beginning of this week. So people certainly seem to be waiting till the 60-90 day window to do bookings right now, at least for my Florida weeks.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not in this particular forum.

If it is not listed on Redweek, where do you have it listed? I typically list here, Redweek, my own website, and craigslist (and occasionally ebay); craigslist is far and away the place I get the most renters from.

I have never tried listing on craigslist. Might have to try that next year. Are Craigslist location specific for the listings? Do you rent on the destination's Craigslist or your local one?

I list on TUG, Redweek, Koala, Vacation Candy and several of the Marriott Facebook groups. This year it was 50/50 between Facebook and Redweek. Didnt get a single hit from TUG, Koala, or Vacation Candy.

TKThom

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok I am on craigs list! and will look at the other site. thank you so much for all your suggestions!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I have never tried listing on craigslist. Might have to try that next year. Are Craigslist location specific for the listings? Do you rent on the destination's Craigslist or your local one?

I list on TUG, Redweek, Koala, Vacation Candy and several of the Marriott Facebook groups. This year it was 50/50 between Facebook and Redweek. Didnt get a single hit from TUG, Koala, or Vacation Candy.
On the destination city. I run two ads with slightly different text and pictures, start one Friday morning and one Saturday morning. I renew them Monday/Tuesday and then again Friday/Saturday.

I also have a simple website, and the address can be deduced from the ad contact info. I believe that helps add a feel of legitimacy.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Friendly reminder: Please don't ask people to post their rentals in the discussion forums: That is considered advertising.

50% of Hawaii Visitors are from CA, and just about all the students in CA are back in school by mid-August.

Craigslist can be a nightmare - I don't recommend it at all unless an owner has a lot of rental experience.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Post in the Honolulu Craigslist and in your local area and/or major west coast cities (SFO, LAX). Check the airfare from the west coast to the area for the week. (During Easter week, the airfare skyrocketed, and made that week much more difficult to rent.)
If there is a NextDoor Community where you live, advertise it there too.
My friend rented out her WKORV on go-koala this year. She also had many inquiries from Craigslist and NextDoor. The ad stated that inquiries without phone/text numbers will not be answered.

Last edited:

curitiba_tapley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott's Harbor Lake
Club Wyndham Access
I have also noticed the RedWeek rentals have been pretty slow / soft this year. I had two weeks I’ve been trying to rent and one went last week and the other is still waiting for a renter. The economy certainly seems to be playing a factor.

Great advice on other locations where I can list and potentially get a renter.