• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI resort near Redwood National Park

Marty Welsh

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Northern California and was looking for resort ideas. I am a RCI points member.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
The only timeshare remotely close to Redwoods National Park is GEVC at Lighthouse Point south of Mendocino. And it's not very close. The NP is a series of various state and national park sections that stretch for a long distance along Highway 101. The roads up from Hwy 1, where Lighthouse Point is, are slow and windy so it's really not a good base. You would be better off renting a vacation rental in Eureka.

There are timeshares in Napa or Monterey area that you can visit various Redwood groves from. However, if you want to export the National Park sites, you should look at non-timeshare options.

Sue

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We stayed in San Francisco once at a hotel and visited part of the Redwoods near Sausalito. I believe there is at least one timeshare in San Fransisco, though i cannot remember the name of it.

Marty Welsh

Reaction score
The only timeshare remotely close to Redwoods National Park is GEVC at Lighthouse Point south of Mendocino. And it's not very close. The NP is a series of various state and national park sections that stretch for a long distance along Highway 101. The roads up from Hwy 1, where Lighthouse Point is, are slow and windy so it's really not a good base. You would be better off renting a vacation rental in Eureka.

There are timeshares in Napa or Monterey area that you can visit various Redwood groves from. However, if you want to export the National Park sites, you should look at non-timeshare options.

Sue
Thanks Sue

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
We stayed in San Francisco once at a hotel and visited part of the Redwoods near Sausalito. I believe there is at least one timeshare in San Fransisco, though i cannot remember the name of it.

That would be Muir Woods National Monument not Redwoods National Park.
As I said above, you can see redwood groves in various state parks from other timeshares but Redwood National Park is worth seeing in its own right. It feels bigger and more expansive plus more variety with the ocean section near Orick. In between are some additional state parks and wildlife areas especially around Eureka/Arcata. The latter is a less visited but very beautiful area. It can also be less expensive. Several years ago, I rented a cute historic remodeled 3 BR home in Eureka for $100/night in April.

Sue

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I stayed in a wonderful bed and breakfast in Eureka about 25 years ago. Great memories of that trip. Have no memory, however, of the name, even if it is still there.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
As I said above, you can see redwood groves in various state parks from other timeshares but Redwood National Park is worth seeing in its own right. It feels bigger and more expansive plus more variety with the ocean section near Orick. In between are some additional state parks and wildlife areas especially around Eureka/Arcata. The latter is a less visited but very beautiful area. It can also be less expensive. Several years ago, I rented a cute historic remodeled 3 BR home in Eureka for $100/night in April.

Sue

It was so long ago. I do remember driving through a tree trunk and so forth.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Sue

I highly recommend Muir Woods, which became a National Monument in 1908. It's amazing that this beautiful place exists so close to a major city. If you choose to go, my best advice is to get there before 9 am, as the parking lots fill quickly. But once you're walking on the boardwalk trails throughout the park, you will not feel crowded at all, and you'll be in an oasis of giants of truly spectacular beauty.