• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points: Pure points don't Qualify for Home Resort

wptamo

Reaction score
Hiya,

I had some issues with RCI after their new Points WEB site was launched. I was not longer able to see 2 of my Home Resort listings, as I always had.

Got a reply from the IT guy at RCI:

<<
I received the following information from our IT Department regarding your account:
The reason why only #### comes up on this particular account is because there are actually 3 contracts. The first two, are pure points and, therefore, do not qualify for a Home Week or Home Resort reservation.
The third is for ####, which does qualify and is why that’s the only one that appears. Home Group works fine for all of them.

>>

Ok this baffles me, was there a flaw before? I actually booked a summer week using one of my Home Resort options this past summer for use in 2012, I booked it 1 year out, now I cannot see it under Home Resort.

Now according to these rules I Can no longer do this!?!?

Anyone have any insight to this?

Is it a new rule? was the old one broken? are they tightening things up to get more $$$ (my cynical side).

Or is the IT guy mis-reading the requirements...

I think this requires a phone call....

Not happy!!! This Home Resort helps with lower fees & better availability.

rats!

Paul

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
pure points?

I'm not sure what pure points are, unless they are points that you got from a points for deposit? Points from a PFD are not associated with any resort once you make the deposit, which is unlike the automatic points you get on your anniversary from an RCI conversion ownership. [Once an owner pays for a conversion, then the points from that conversion are associated with a home resort and resort group.]

The only other thing I can think of is points that are translated into RCI points, from Wyndham, Holliday or others maybe? You didn't say what your resort(s) was(are).

wptamo

Reaction score
Hiya fishingguy, thanks for reply.

my two resorts are "Points" Resorts, Georgian Manor & Island Links HHI. I pay the maint fee each year and get an allotment of points for these. I use to be able to see these two resorts in my "Home Resort", which meant I could book 1 full year out. Now they are saying these are just Pure points and do not qualify for Home resort. ???

Seems strange.... the Home resort I did book last summer I called in and used a guide.... it worked.

I dunno something doesn't add up....

Maybe i will just keep calling in to book rather than use their online system...

thanks,

Paul

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I own at Island links too. Most weeks are floating. To book 13-12 months in your deeded float season shouldn't cost anything. To book 12-11 months you can book a full week in another season (or your deeded float season if you didn't reserve prior to 12 months) for $40. Resort group reservations are available at 11-10 months for the normal fees.

My home week doesn't appear online. My home resort no longer appears since the enhancement but since it does show for group and won't be booking this year I haven't worried about it yet.

wptamo

Reaction score
Hi tschwa2,

I was corresponding via email with an RCI guy, I will post his response below....

He said I would see Island links (in home Resort) if there was availability, but there isn't. That concerns me... can you see availability in home Resort for Island Links? (1 year out)
There should be as I always had visibility 1 year out even in the summer, which I booked this past summer for use in 2012. And now 1 year out is low season...

My concern is not for the immediate year (I am booked) but for what have they done to my account and if they don't fix it now it may be left messed up forever...

thanks,

Paul

their reply:

Hi Paul,

You will see your Island Links Home Resort appear only when there’s availability. I’ve been testing it throughout the day yesterday and haven’t seen inventory available for a Home Resort reservation. There is availability within the standard reservation window (10 months or less).

Of course, as we move along the months, we can continue to check for availability in the 11-12 month timeframe for a Home Resort reservation. If I can catch a time when we have space to confirm for the HR window, I will notify you and ask you to login to your account to view.

We apparently did have Home Week, Resort and Group issues to confirm online back in August.

Kind Regards,

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score

wptamo

Reaction score
ugggggghhhhhh
I didn't even know there was a difference in my TS properties, Points vs Pure Points.... there was never a difference before...

The owner rep I spoke to said she called RCI and they said they had issues still with points... I hope that is the case...

Otherwise.. I have a liability that I overpaid for, is now overtaxed, and undervalued, the points I "upgraded to" are now not what they used to be... one may say, "point-less" ?!

HMMMM, maybe time to give them away!?
glad I found this place! I now have a few quality weeks that I paid a fraction of retail for and are a lot more solid.. that is out of the direct influence of RCI.

wpt.