• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI & Interval Internationally (Disney exchange)

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
Nickelodeon hotel & resorts Riviera May - NRM
We’ve been exclusively trading our timeshare into RCI for 9 years. We trade into Disney property every two years once we have enough points. We just stayed at Disney Old Key west through RCI in April 2023. I would call that a lucky break as I know Disney is now only trading though Interval International. Does anyone have any insight on how I can now start putting my exchange weeks into II? What is the cost to trade into Disney? Not even sure we would have enough points to trade into Disney again with II.. I’m very unfamiliar. Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
$229 exchange fee for any trader into Disney.

I have no idea how to trade into II internationally. Someone else can help with that one. You just need to be specific about what you are using to trade.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What is your resort? Not all resorts are eligible to exchange in both rci and II.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on @Kell1095's earlier posts, they own something in RCI Points. If the resort is dual-affiliated, you can deposit it with II, but would first need to withdraw it from RCI Points, and as far as I know that is a one-way trip for most owners without having to pay a sizeable re-enrollment fee.

Furthermore, it appears from their profile that they own one of Karisma's El Dorado resorts, which do not appear to be in the Interval directory, so it is probably not dual-affiliated.

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
Based on @Kell1095's earlier posts, they own something in RCI Points. If the resort is dual-affiliated, you can deposit it with II, but would first need to withdraw it from RCI Points, and as far as I know that is a one-way trip for most owners without having to pay a sizeable re-enrollment fee.

Furthermore, it appears from their profile that they own one of Karisma's El Dorado resorts, which do not appear to be in the Interval directory, so it is probably not dual-affiliated.
On the Karisma website it does show they partner with II. I guess I don’t understand the dual-affiliated. We have weeks that we put into RCI each year that then gives us points.

Not sure if II is the same thing or not?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would keep the points as they are and buy a good trader in II. You can see Sightings with a TUG membership. There are Disney weeks sitting online right now, and not all of II members can see all of the sightings. I would certainly join TUG and ask various members who are posting sightings what they own and how they are seeing all of the Disney.

I can say that everything I own sees all of the recent bulk bank of Disney inventory, including my studios (seeing 2 bedrooms). We own Sheraton and Marriott almost exclusively, we also own Blue Ridge Village and a Foxrun week that also see Disney.

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico

Great research! I know that El Dorsdo does trade into II - they opened a new resort nickelodeon that’s listed as an exchange. Just not sure if it’s apples to apples for Disney. I’ve yet to see any openings for Disney in II.

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
I would keep the points as they are and buy a good trader in II. You can see Sightings with a TUG membership. There are Disney weeks sitting online right now, and not all of II members can see all of the sightings. I would certainly join TUG and ask various members who are posting sightings what they own and how they are seeing all of the Disney.

I can say that everything I own sees all of the recent bulk bank of Disney inventory, including my studios (seeing 2 bedrooms). We own Sheraton and Marriott almost exclusively, we also own Blue Ridge Village and a Foxrun week that also see Disney.
Can you see any openings for Disney right now? I can’t figure out if they are there or if my timeshare exchange just doesn’t show them?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now Saratoga Springs DSS and Old Key West DVO are showing some weeks in II.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can you see any openings for Disney right now? I can’t figure out if they are there or if my timeshare exchange just doesn’t show them?
If you become a TUG Member, you can check out the Sightings forum to see what people are reporting in the way of DVC deposits in II.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are weeks sitting in inventory. Are you searching with your dates set from today until a year from now? Try that. If you still see nothing there is a trading power issue. As others have mentioned, if you become a TUG Member you will have access to the members-only section with a dedicated post to Disney Sightings. The TUG membership is the best value in timesharing! :)

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What are you using to search with? Are you in II?

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
They are weeks sitting in inventory. Are you searching with your dates set from today until a year from now? Try that. If you still see nothing there is a trading power issue. As others have mentioned, if you become a TUG Member you will have access to the members-only section with a dedicated post to Disney Sightings. The TUG membership is the best value in timesharing! :)
That’s great info! I am a TUG member - how do I find the members only for the Disney sightings? I’ve searched and can’t find that on TUG site.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
That’s great info! I am a TUG member - how do I find the members only for the Disney sightings? I’ve searched and can’t find that on TUG site.
You have to link your TUG membership to the forum to see it - notice how your posts currently say "Guest" under your username on the left?

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
Right now Saratoga Springs DSS and Old Key West DVO are showing some weeks in II.
Ok - I found the Disney inventory for DSS and DVO through II. It’s letting me exchange, but only showing inventory for next 30 days. I would like to find something for 12+ months out. Is this normal or should I put in a request to be on the waitlist?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You need to follow these instructions to first be identified as a "TUG Member" in the forums.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ok - I found the Disney inventory for DSS and DVO through II. It’s letting me exchange, but only showing inventory for next 30 days. I would like to find something for 12+ months out. Is this normal or should I put in a request to be on the waitlist?
12 months won't happen. 4-5 months is more likely. DVC tends to bulk deposit weeks into II at intervals. We don't know the pattern. When they deposit, deposits slowly dwindle. Then they drop a bunch more for later in the year.

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
12 months won't happen. 4-5 months is more likely. DVC tends to bulk deposit weeks into II at intervals. We don't know the pattern. When they deposit, deposits slowly dwindle. Then they drop a bunch more for later in the year.
Gotcha. I was about to put in my search placement request so will hold off on doing that. I know part of this is just learning how to play the timeshare game so I do appreciate all the helpful tips! I think my best bet is to keep using TUG for sightings and continue to check II for more Disney deposits. Thanks again!

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
You need to follow these instructions to first be identified as a "TUG Member" in the forums.
I got it! Thank you!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no harm in setting up your "ongoing search request" (it is not called a waitlist) for the Disney resorts a year in advance; just be aware that you have no chance of matching until Disney Vacation Club actually makes their deposit to Interval, at approximately 4 - 5 months before check-in.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I was about to put in my search placement request so will hold off on doing that. I know part of this is just learning how to play the timeshare game so I do appreciate all the helpful tips! I think my best bet is to keep using TUG for sightings and continue to check II for more Disney deposits. Thanks again!
Your best bet is to do the following:
1. Place a request now.
2. Continuing doing manual searches on II in case something slips through the filters.
3. Watch the sigthtings board on TUG.

Kell1095

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado - Mexico
Your best bet is to do the following:
1. Place a request now.
2. Continuing doing manual searches on II in case something slips through the filters.
3. Watch the sigthtings board on TUG.
Thank you! :)