• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Account after Wyndham Ownership Transfer

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
What happens to the associated RCI account points / reservations after an ownership transfer. My MIL is transferring her VIPS Wyndham contract to my wife and I through Ovations/Tribute. There are existing points in the RCI account and a couple of 2020 reservations. Will those be transferred as is?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I purchased something that had a standing RCI reservation and I have to wait to close until after the reservation.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI points will not transfer to new owner on a Wyndham sale. The RCI points can be transferred to a existing Wyndham RCI points account no fee. The Wyndham sale will not affect existing RCI reservations.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
The Wyndham sale will not affect existing RCI reservations.
Per Wyndham the sale SHOULD NOT effect existing RCI reservations. I would try to get a written commitment from Wyndham and not take a chance.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Thanks for the responses. We've talked to RCI a couple of times regarding this. Both reps have said that the existing reservations will not be affected. They also are saying that the existing RCI points will transfer as well. I guess we'll see.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. We've talked to RCI a couple of times regarding this. Both reps have said that the existing reservations will not be affected. They also are saying that the existing RCI points will transfer as well. I guess we'll see.
The existing RCI points will not transfer to new Wyndham owner on the sale of a Wyndham ownership. If you have a existing Wyndham RCI account The seller can transfer the Wyndham RCI points to you no charge or fee involved.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think the problem is the rci account isn't really being transferred. The first one is being closed and if there are points in it at that time they will go poof along with access to seeing the rci current reservations although it doesn't seem to actually cancel those but like I said no access to see them or make any changes. Then a few weeks later the new rci account is set up for the new owner. If they already had a wyndham rci account you could transfer the points to them (or anyone else) before your account is closed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is the rci account isn't really being transferred. The first one is being closed and if there are points in it at that time they will go poof along with access to seeing the rci current reservations although it doesn't seem to actually cancel those but like I said no access to see them or make any changes. Then a few weeks later the new rci account is set up for the new owner. If they already had a wyndham rci account you could transfer the points to them (or anyone else) before your account is closed.
Yes this is correct previous owners RCI account and points will not transfer to new owner on a transfer of Wyndham ownership. From my past experience Wyndham usually takes about 2 months for them to set up RCI account for new owner to access web login through Wyndham. I can not say for certain when the old RCI account is closed.

Last edited:

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga

Yes this is correct previous owners RCI account and points will not transfer to new owner on a transfer of Wyndham ownership. From my past experience Wyndham usually takes about 2 months for them to set up RCI account for new owner to access web login through Wyndham. I can not say for certain when the old RCI account is closed.

Yes, this was the feeling I was getting. I wasn't sure I could trust what RCI is saying (sounded to easy). We are also in the process of waiting for Wyndham to finalize a Waikiki Beach Walk resale contract purchase to us which should happen late Oct or early Nov. I think we'll wait to transfer the MIL's Grand Desert contract until after the March RCI reservations have been used. After our Waikiki Beach Walk associated RCI account is activated we can transfer the Grand Desert RCI points to make sure they are not lost. The main impact of waiting is we won't be able use the VIP Silver benefits to push the Waikiki Beach Walk points into another use year. So, we'll have to use them or bank them in RCI. Thanks for helping navigate this confusing process.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this was the feeling I was getting. I wasn't sure I could trust what RCI is saying (sounded to easy). We are also in the process of waiting for Wyndham to finalize a Waikiki Beach Walk resale contract purchase to us which should happen late Oct or early Nov. I think we'll wait to transfer the MIL's Grand Desert contract until after the March RCI reservations have been used. After our Waikiki Beach Walk associated RCI account is activated we can transfer the Grand Desert RCI points to make sure they are not lost. The main impact of waiting is we won't be able use the VIP Silver benefits to push the Waikiki Beach Walk points into another use year. So, we'll have to use them or bank them in RCI. Thanks for helping navigate this confusing process.
You would be amazed at how many different answers RCI reps will give you when you go to transfer the RCI points. It is usually a very simple phone call request to transfer points. I have had supervisors tell me the program changed and you can no longer transfer points. A call the next morning and points were transferred no problem. I also was told it costs $99 but it is a free transaction. When you get a knowledgeable rep it is done over the phone in about 10 minutes.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
You would be amazed at how many different answers RCI reps will give you when you go to transfer the RCI points. It is usually a very simple phone call request to transfer points. I have had supervisors tell me the program changed and you can no longer transfer points. A call the next morning and points were transferred no problem. I also was told it costs $99 but it is a free transaction. When you get a knowledgeable rep it is done over the phone in about 10 minutes.
Same thing happened to us. Had to call 3 times to get someone knowledgeable enough. When we finally got through to the rep and he said a supervisor would have to do it and it would cost $98. We told them it should be a no cost transfer but go ahead. We of course got disconnected during the transfer to the supervisor, called back and got a rep who could do it, no cost. Points should show up in our account in a day or two. Thanks again for the info.