• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about a Title Transfer from WKORV

Weez1000

Reaction score
I own a 2BR lockout at WKORV and my mother did as well, she is in failing health and no longer wanted to deal with it so after searching on here I found LT Transfers who helped in getting the title transferred over to me.

The transfer was completed on 3/25//23 and her account shows no ownership but my account doesnt show it either, after 4 separate calls im still in the same situation and Vistana is blaming the systems not being fully implemented yet with Bonvoy. They are suggesting I start a new account for then transferred title. I dont like that idea at all, has anyone else heard of this issue?

Everyone ive spoken to says they see the transfer is complete, they see its in my name, they just dont have a way (currently) of connecting it to my existing account.

The other thing that concerns me is we both brought directly from the developer at the same time, the people at Vistana say the week is showing as an unauthorized reseller. I didnt buy it, it was transferred and it was bought directly from Westin, the same day as I bought mine, Should this be showing as an unauthorized reseller?

I know at one time people were successful at getting purchases re-certified as developer purchases to get the perks of 3 star status, has anyone had experience with this recently?

Lastly, will I be able to transfer the newly acquired week to convoy points if I choose? or are SO's my only possibility with the transfer?

Thanks
Don

Dardan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali North
I closed escrow at the beginning of October and it didn’t show up until the middle of January. Apparently 12 weeks is common so that could be the issue. Don’t know anything about your other questions.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thing that concerns me is we both brought directly from the developer at the same time, the people at Vistana say the week is showing as an unauthorized reseller. I didnt buy it, it was transferred and it was bought directly from Westin, the same day as I bought mine, Should this be showing as an unauthorized reseller
transfers between family members should retain the original status

Weez1000

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I thought it should retain the developer status but. was told no a few times. I will call again in the morning and see where it goes.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
transfers between family members should retain the original status
Not exactly true. Transfers from parent to child (or, I think, grandchild) should retain the original status. Other family transfers, like between siblings, don’t qualify to retain status, or so I’ve been told.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly true. Transfers from parent to child (or, I think, grandchild) should retain the original status. Other family transfers, like between siblings, don’t qualify to retain status, or so I’ve been told.
right, I was going to specify, but didn't since the transfer was between OP and mother

Weez1000

Reaction score
Well ive spoken to 3 different people and none of them can help. They say its shown as an unauthorized reseller but it wasn't a purchase it was a transfer from my mother. They said thats not their department and couldn't tell me who's department it would be. One suggested I contact the title transfer department (which I did) and am awaiting their response. I cant find a phone number for them so I tried the email that I had from when they contacted me too tell me the transfer was completed.

Does anyone know who the appropriate department would be to try and get it resolved?

On another note, I noticed this morning when io click on the dashboard it shows 2023 Balances StarOptions 296,200 so they added them sometime between Fri and this morning but when I go to "what I own" it still only shows my original contract week and 148,100 SO. Kind of odd

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
Weez1000, regarding your last point, be aware that since roughly when Abound went live they are no longer combining all ownerships together under one online access username. For instance, we own one Sheraton Flex VOI (bought around that time) and one Westin Flex VOI (our original ownership) and although I can see the points values for both from either online access, in order to see the contract details and utilize the points from each VOI, two separate logins are required. Not sure if that is your issue, but wanted to make you aware of this.

Weez1000

Reaction score
Weez1000, regarding your last point, be aware that since roughly when Abound went live they are no longer combining all ownerships together under one online access username. For instance, we own one Sheraton Flex VOI (bought around that time) and one Westin Flex VOI (our original ownership) and although I can see the points values for both from either online access, in order to see the contract details and utilize the points from each VOI, two separate logins are required. Not sure if that is your issue, but wanted to make you aware of this.

I am vaguely aware of that but I thought that was not the case if both accounts were at mandatory resorts? admittedly, I dont keep up on the nuances and changes of the program the way I should. I have been doing a lot of reading on here and learning alot of new things and things I used to know and forgot.

Weez1000

Reaction score
Well 3 calls into owner services was a waste of time, one email to the transfer department was immensely helpful even though they sent me back to owners services. I asked specifically about why my ownership transfer was showing as being purchased from a unauthorized reseller an how to get it shown properly as a transfer so i could have it shown as developer purchase to get the status and be able to transfer to Bonvoy points if i so choose. their response was clear on what needed to be done.

Response below

“Good day,

Thank you for your email. Please contact Owner Services about a Gifting form this is how you obtain full benefits. Whether the account is sold gifted, since you are not the Original owner it will say Resale. A special team in Owner Services provides a Gifting Form that needs to be filled out and then they provide extra documents for you to enroll for the benefits.

With Kind Regards,

MVW
HOA Title Changes - MA
Financial Services”