• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on Renting vs interval deposit of new resale

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Hello folks,
I finally received the MOW gold week I purchased almost a year ago. Previous owner reserved 8/25 check in for me. Is it too late to deposit in interval? Or can I rent this week? Or too late as well?
I don’t have an individual interval account so would have to get one. I bought this to use every year but this year I cannot. Made other plans since not sure what was going to happen.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can still deposit without restrictions as long as you deposit 60 days or more from checkin. So you still have a little less than a month. I don't know how well those late August weeks rent, but probably not as good as pure summer as many kids would have already gone back to school and that date is also right before many others return, so rental demand may be weak.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
You can still deposit without restrictions as long as you deposit 60 days or more from checkin. So you still have a little less than a month. I don't know how well those late August weeks rent, but probably not as good as pure summer as many kids would have already gone back to school and that date is also right before many others return, so rental demand may be weak.
Will I be able to trade into something good like Aruba 11/24 or it does not have much trading power left? I had no intention of getting another interval account. Bummer that it took so long to transfer.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,
I finally received the MOW gold week I purchased almost a year ago. Previous owner reserved 8/25 check in for me. Is it too late to deposit in interval? Or can I rent this week? Or too late as well?
I don’t have an individual interval account so would have to get one. I bought this to use every year but this year I cannot. Made other plans since not sure what was going to happen.

Will I be able to trade into something good like Aruba 11/24 or it does not have much trading power left? I had no intention of getting another interval account. Bummer that it took so long to transfer.
Trading in to Aruba in Nov, 24 requested 13 or more months out would be very likely to happen even if it's Thanksgiving week. Realize that Aruba has weeks that start Thursday through Monday. II is not supposed to confirm you to Thursday or Monday without checking with you. You should be able to created an account with II and add your MOW weeks at the same time. They usually charge for adding a week but they will wave the fee if you're extending. I would go ahead and set up your search online once your account is created.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Trading in to Aruba in Nov, 24 requested 13 or more months out would be very likely to happen even if it's Thanksgiving week. Realize that Aruba has weeks that start Thursday through Monday. II is not supposed to confirm you to Thursday or Monday without checking with you. You should be able to created an account with II and add your MOW weeks at the same time. They usually charge for adding a week but they will wave the fee if you're extending. I would go ahead and set up your search online once your account is created.
Awesome . Thank you. Anytime in November any check in day except thanksgiving is fine. I will go ahead and get an account.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I created my account and it’s not part of corporate account profile. When I sign on it’s not listed. Do I have to have a separate profile and log in on interval with this new resale?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I created my account and it’s not part of corporate account profile. When I sign on it’s not listed. Do I have to have a separate profile and log in on interval with this new resale?
Yes- a resale week will not appear in your corporate paid II account. You have to create a separate II account and buy an II membership.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
If you just created the account it takes a little bit of time for II to verify your ownership and the week to appear in your account, if I remember correctly (and as @jwalk03 said, it would have to be a separate paid account from your Starwood II account).

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can call II to link the new membership under the same login if it's not already. I have 3 corporate and 1 personal membership under the same user.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
You can call II to link the new membership under the same login if it's not already. I have 3 corporate and 1 personal membership under the same user.
If I understand correctly now that I have paid for a personal account all I have to do is have interval link my accounts under the same user. No need in creating a new profile.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If I understand correctly now that I have paid for a personal account all I have to do is have interval link my accounts under the same user. No need in creating a new profile.
You should be able to do that. You might be able to go through the steps online to create a profile and enter your new member ID. It may then give you the option to link it to an existing login. I would try that before calling, but don't go so far as to create a new login ID.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
You should be able to do that. You might be able to go through the steps online to create a profile and enter your new member ID. It may then give you the option to link it to an existing login. I would try that before calling, but don't go so far as to create a new login ID.
I tried that and it was asking for a user name and password. So I got out.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
You can call II to link the new membership under the same login if it's not already. I have 3 corporate and 1 personal membership under the same user.i
Omg!!! Interval is telling me they cannot do that and Marriott is the one that does it. Then Marriott says it’s interval .

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Omg!!! Interval is telling me they cannot do that and Marriott is the one that does it. Then Marriott says it’s interval .
Send an email to the TUG Members Mailbox

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Send an email to the TUG Members Mailbox
Just to update. I sent the email and Mark replied and called me once my account was verified he put everything under one profile and then deposited my week so I don’t go into flex exchange then made the request for Aruba next year. He was a pleasure to work with. No confusion or going back and forth or anything.
Thanks again guys.