• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about cancelling an upcoming trip in January 2025

SBDawg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HKB Week 4, Floor 1-4
Hi, I have a listing on Redweek for a 3-bedroom unit in January 2025. I was wondering at what point shall I cancel the trip and pull the listing off? What happens if I cancel the trip, will I get my exchange points back? Can I book other Hyatt properties? Thanks!

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume since you posted this in the HRC forum you have booked an HRC week in January with HRC points. If not, you can ignore.

There are 2 thing to consider.
1) If you cancel a reservation more than 2 months before, the cancellation will not restrict your points. So you have some time to cancel. But you will have the privilege of having to pay a cancellation fee. If you cancel with less than 2 months before checkin, your points will become restricted.
2) It matters where the points you used to book this reservation came from. If it is your HOME reservation (a 3br unit in Jan where you own in the week you own) and you cancel, then they not have any restrictions. But if you used points that expire/go LCUP before you cancel, and you cancel, they will become restricted (LCUP) or expire completely.

SBDawg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HKB Week 4, Floor 1-4
I assume since you posted this in the HRC forum you have booked an HRC week in January with HRC points. If not, you can ignore.

There are 2 thing to consider.
1) If you cancel a reservation more than 2 months before, the cancellation will not restrict your points. So you have some time to cancel. But you will have the privilege of having to pay a cancellation fee. If you cancel with less than 2 months before checkin, your points will become restricted.
2) It matters where the points you used to book this reservation came from. If it is your HOME reservation (a 3br unit in Jan where you own in the week you own) and you cancel, then they not have any restrictions. But if you used points that expire/go LCUP before you cancel, and you cancel, they will become restricted (LCUP) or expire completely.
Yes I’ve booked using HRC points and it is my home reservation. Good to know! I’ll put a reminder on my calendar so I can cancel it if it’s not booked by the last week of November.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck. If you cancel a little over 2 months out, you will have 2 months to make another reservation (or more) without restriction - either HRC or Interval. When your home week hits, the points will go LCUP and be restricted for HRC and not available to use in Interval.

It sounds like you are right around the 4 month out period. If you cancel while outside of 4 months, you will still have the option to move some or all of your points to EEE . Those points are only good to be used in Interval, but they are good for 2 years PAST January (not 2 years from the move date). If you like Interval, it really extends the life of those points and gives you a lot of time.

SBDawg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HKB Week 4, Floor 1-4
Good luck. If you cancel a little over 2 months out, you will have 2 months to make another reservation (or more) without restriction - either HRC or Interval. When your home week hits, the points will go LCUP and be restricted for HRC and not available to use in Interval.

It sounds like you are right around the 4 month out period. If you cancel while outside of 4 months, you will still have the option to move some or all of your points to EEE . Those points are only good to be used in Interval, but they are good for 2 years PAST January (not 2 years from the move date). If you like Interval, it really extends the life of those points and gives you a lot of time.
Thanks! I did use Interval once during Covid. I was blown away by the amount of additional weeks I got in exchange of HRC points. If I recall correctly, I end up with 4 weeks of Interval. Some of them are pretty beat up properties, some are pretty good. The Newport Beach Villa is our favorite so far.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Thanks! I did use Interval once during Covid. I was blown away by the amount of additional weeks I got in exchange of HRC points. If I recall correctly, I end up with 4 weeks of Interval. Some of them are pretty beat up properties, some are pretty good. The Newport Beach Villa is our favorite so far.
You should be aware that in another posting it is discussed how Marriott reduced the trading value of Hyatt in II.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score

The points charts have changed since then. 1300 points used to get a 2br in any season, now it varys by season and quality tier (Newport is premier elite as most good properties are i.e. Marriott). A prime 2br week is now as much as 1950 points.

It sounds like you need to do decide soon as early Jan is 4 months away.