• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about buying Eagle Crest (Oregon)

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Hi, all. Not sure where to post this so please move if needed, mods. We are interested in buy a week at Eagle Crest-it’s driving distance for us, we like the resort and area a lot. We have found some deals that appear good-free, some with first two years of MF included, then about $800 a year after. Does anyone know how booking and bonus time work with this resort? Does it exchange within II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi, all. Not sure where to post this so please move if needed, mods. We are interested in buy a week at Eagle Crest-it’s driving distance for us, we like the resort and area a lot. We have found some deals that appear good-free, some with first two years of MF included, then about $800 a year after. Does anyone know how booking and bonus time work with this resort? Does it exchange within II?

It would be better to purchase a Worldmark rather than purchasing an Eagle Crest, imo. Eagle Crest is hard to get rid of. Worldmark is very easy to get rid of. The ability to book Eagle Crest and all of the other Worldmark resorts makes Worldmark the better choice.

We originally had Eagle Crest because it traded into Worldmark for 10,000 credits at below the Worldmark credit maintenance fee. That has gone away. The last Eagle Crest I got rid of cost us about 1 mf's and closing.

Bill

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Bill's advice is wise. But, if you are interested in a resort-specific ownership, this seems to be the most important question:

Does anyone know how booking and bonus time work with this resort?

From a cursory glance, it looks like the summer weeks might have some value, but everything else likely to be at best break-even or upside down. (And that's probably why someone is willing to pay you low four figures to take it off their hands.) I might consider a fixed summer week. I might even consider a floating week, but only if it is broken into seasons with summer (and only summer) as the season to which this float belongs.

If the resort floats 1-52, I would avoid it. Too much competition for too few valuable weeks.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
Thank you both. Are World Mark units same area/similar quality? I’ve been tracking WM resales for awhile now.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you both. Are World Mark units same area/similar quality? I’ve been tracking WM resales for awhile now.

WorldMark is credits only, and they have very few purpose-built timeshares. They tend to own units in other buildings. (That's how Eagle Crest is in the WM mix.) I'd say quality is 3.5+ stars, depending on the resort. (You might see laminate counters vs. granite in some locations, but still very nice places.) That also provides availability to book into something like 90 mostly-western USA resorts. If Eagle Crest is driving distance for you, then you're in the heart of WorldMark territory.

WorldMark does book with Interval, in a rather interesting way: You get an unlimited booking availability at the beginning of each year, and you can book as many times as you have WM credits to cover. Rather than booking a one-for-one exchange with a deposited week, it's essentially unlimited as a WM owner. And it will pull higher-quality resorts, like Marriott. So if that is an option for you, I'd strongly recommend looking into it. You'd get the benefit of booking Eagle Crest when you want to, and a lot of other stuff as well.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you both. Are World Mark units same area/similar quality?

The WM inventory was better than the Eagle Crest inventory. The Holiday Inn Vacation Club had bought the rights to Eagle Crest inventory from I think 2012 to 2017 and this inventory went through some updating but it isn't as nice as WM inventory. In 2018 a company called KDG Capital bought the Holiday Inn Vacation Club inventory. I don't know if they renovated this inventory.

Eagle Crest is a golf destination that includes private homes, private condos and a couple of resort systems. When Eagle Crest was affiliated with Worldmark the advantage of owning an Eagle Crest contract was the exchange to Worldmark was $29 and the the 10,000 credits received from WM were worth more than the Eagle Crest mf but the only way to use this advantage was to own both. Both resort systems have or had bonus time.

The other perk was golf discounts owning Eagle Crest.

Using WM to get Eagle Crest inventory in prime summer months means making a reservation out at 13 months. Many times I find bonus time at Eagle Crest or the Inn at Mt Bachelor using WM to visit relatives in the area. Last spring we stayed at the Inn at Mt Bachelor for a couple of nights. We could have stayed at Eagle Crest as well.

The biggest disadvantage of owning Eagle Crest is getting rid of it. It is a tough go even when you pay the mf and all selling costs. With WM it is easy as many people want these.

Bill

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Interesting thread and lots of great information. We stayed there last summer for a week and really enjoyed the resort. May have gotten lucky on the particular 2 bdrm unit. Not easy driving distance though for us in the Bay Area, and we don't play golf so not something I would buy but would keep an eye our for an II exchange or Getaway.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I'd have to disagree. If you are talking a 2 bedroom unit, the Eagle Crest units are much nicer than WM. We own WM and have exchanged into Eagle Crest numerous times. We got a 3 bedroom once and it was not the beautiful update that the 2 bedrooms are.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Eagle Crest units are nice and the remodel is almost complete. They are scheduled to complete the final 12 units in early 2022.

We have a summer preferred plus week(weeks 24-36) at Eagle Crest. We never have a problem getting the week we want.

Bonus time is available but I have never tried to book. The rules say you can book five days in advance and from May to October you get a one bedroom suite in the lodge not a two bedroom unit.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
Do you ever exchange your week? Know how that works?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score

I exchange every other year and have gotten some great ones.

The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf 2 bedroom for Easter Vacation.
Northstar Lodge 2 bedroom week 4 end of January.
Vino Bello 2 bedroom in November.
Four Seasons Aviara 2 bedroom first week of May.
Red Wolf at Squaw Valley 2 bedroom week 6 middle of February.

Eagle Crest summer weeks have very good trade power. When I deposit it is usually a week at the end of July.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
Thank you! Is that exchanging through II?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The Eagle Crest units are nice and the remodel is almost complete. They are scheduled to complete the final 12 units in early 2022.

We have a summer preferred plus week(weeks 24-36) at Eagle Crest. We never have a problem getting the week we want.

Bonus time is available but I have never tried to book. The rules say you can book five days in advance and from May to October you get a one bedroom suite in the lodge not a two bedroom unit.

Summer weeks 2-36 in a 2 bedroom is about the only Eagle Crest membership that has any value, imo. These might be easier to sell and definity easier to rent out, especially if they have golf discounts , idk. Our winter week was very easy to acquire but very difficult to get rid of. To me, the ability to dispose of a timeshare is more important than the ability of acquiring it.

When we used Eagle Crest bonus time it was always in the main hotel lodge and only in our winter season.

I really liked Eagle Crest. With our WM we use bonus time 2 weeks out for a couple of days here or there. It's about $80 a night + taxes for a one bed. We can also book Seventh Mountain Resort in Bend with WM.

Is there an advantage to owning a summer 2 bed at Eagle Crest over owning Worldmark ? The only one I can think of is golf discounts.

Bill

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a golf discount although we don’t use it.

It is a bit less expensive to book my week than using my WM credits is the only other advantage. Say $150 a week less for a two bedroom.

The advantage is to be able to guarantee the summer week we want. I also own Worldmark and a couple of times we have been able to book two units and have a group vacation in the summer.

This coming summer we have our Eagle Crest week followed by a couple nights at Seventh Mountain. Then on to Ashland for a few nights. It is a bit of a drive for us so we usually supplement our week with additional nights.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer weeks 2-36 in a 2 bedroom is about the only Eagle Crest membership that has any value, imo. These might be easier to sell and definity easier to rent out, especially if they have golf discounts , idk. Our winter week was very easy to acquire but very difficult to get rid of. To me, the ability to dispose of a timeshare is more important than the ability of acquiring it.

When we used Eagle Crest bonus time it was always in the main hotel lodge and only in our winter season.

I really liked Eagle Crest. With our WM we use bonus time 2 weeks out for a couple of days here or there. It's about $80 a night + taxes for a one bed. We can also book Seventh Mountain Resort in Bend with WM.

Is there an advantage to owning a summer 2 bed at Eagle Crest over owning Worldmark ? The only one I can think of is golf discounts.

Bill

We love the area just to relax and do nothing. We love the local breweries.

On our last trip we did some different hikes and things.

I’m a big fan of the amphitheater in Bend. A few summers back I went to three shows in a row there(Jackson Browne, Sheryl Crow, and The Decemberists). I’m hoping for some shows this summer.

It is a beautiful area especially in the summertime.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
Looking at an EOY summer week on Redweek-seller pays 22 MF and closing costs. We just live a couple hours from Bend and love heading over there throughout the year-and you’re right-the concerts are great. Also exploring WM.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
Just an update-we are in the process of closing on two EOY summer weeks here, one even and one odd, seller pays all costs and 2022 MF. Guessing we won’t be able to use it this summer so am hoping to deposit it and trade somewhere-anyone who can explain how that works I’d love to pick your brain (RedWeek agent not very helpful).

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

No. I don't think the quality is the same. We own WM and like it a lot. It has tons of flexibility.

However, we have exchanged into the non-WM Eagle Crest several times and are super impressed with how the units have been redone. I would consider these remodeled units to be quite a bit fancier than the typical WM.

Also, be aware that WM has all kinds of units at Eagle Crest so it depends on what type unit you get. Some WM units are on the other side of the highway.

I assume you are talking about the 2 bedroom units which have been beautifully redone. We stayed once in a 3 bedroom but it had not had 3 renovations the 2 bedrooms have. I believe they are different HOAs. I know there are a ton of fractional units which is yet another story. I assume you are not talking about those.

My thoughts on your quality question. Other considerations have been discussed above.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just an update-we are in the process of closing on two EOY summer weeks here, one even and one odd, seller pays all costs and 2022 MF. Guessing we won’t be able to use it this summer so am hoping to deposit it and trade somewhere-anyone who can explain how that works I’d love to pick your brain (RedWeek agent not very helpful).

Eagle Crest does exchange with II , RCI and SFX. I think RCI has more inventory for exchanges. To use an exchange company you would join the one you like. II and RCI has a membership cost. SFX has a free membership but the SFX paid membership is much better. RCI and II require you to add your weeks to get your membership. Once they are added you can deposit your reserved weeks into the exchange. You will want to deposit a considered red week by whatever exchange you use. You can look online or call to find out which is red. SFX is a deposit your reserved weeks when you want to exchange.

Bill

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
Thank you! I believe I have an II member through DVC-will need to research what to do with this one.