• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Point At Poipu" Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii

BetaJoe

Reaction score
Annual
Float Weeks 1-52
2 bedroom sleeps 6

I have 2 timeshares.

One is called "Standard" other is "Ocean View."

The ridiculous $6,000 recent "Special Assessment" is paid.

Maintenance dues are $1,350 a year.

You pay closing costs-- including the $250 Transfer and $80 recording fee and it is yours.

BetaJoe

Reaction score
Still Available

This is a Great Deal. Especially when you consider the $6,000 Special assessment is already paid in full.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Annual
Float Weeks 1-52
2 bedroom sleeps 6

I have 2 timeshares.

Are you giving away 1 or 2 (No Charge for the Bump)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Annual
Float Weeks 1-52
2 bedroom sleeps 6

I have 2 timeshares.

The ridiculous $6,000 recent "Special Assessment" is paid.

Maintenance dues are $1,350 a year.

You pay closing costs-- including the $250 Transfer and $80 recording fee and it is yours.
If standard is the same as what is more commonly known as "float-float", you should advertise it as such. Unless a buyer would be planning to bring the ownership into the DRI Club, "float-float" will usually be worth more than an "ocean view".

BetaJoe

Reaction score
Thanks

The "Standard" allowed me to get an Oceanfront unit. I already have booked 2 reservations for 2013.--- So 2013 is no longer available. First Usage and Maintenance would be 2014. I have had great success in actually obtaining the weeks that I want. We could make our deal contigent on you receiving your desired week for 2014. At this time, You could have both weeks.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give away

Is the maintance fee as 1350.00 per week or for both the weeks? I found this post somewhat confusing.
You own two weeks that are both two bedrooms correct? You wish to give both weeks away, neither week has been taken yet?
Sorry if I seem dense, I am in Mexico and am having both internet problems and my senses are flooded with high end fabulous timeshares.

thanks

BetaJoe

Reaction score
I own 2 weeks.

There is no usage or no Maintenance/Taxes due in 2013.

The maintenance Dues/Taxes are $1,400ish per unit.

Most people trust Trip Advisor-- Check it out.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
So are you saying you want to give it away after you use the 2013 dates? If the transfer is complete before those dates the new owner could change them to any dates they wanted and they would get the usage. You should specify the usage dates.

BetaJoe

Reaction score
The 2013 weeks are not available.

The person who takes this over, could pre-pay their 2014 Maintenance and taxes and Guarantee the exact week that they want in 2014.

BetaJoe

Reaction score
2014 is available.

Pick your week in 2014. This Condo/Resort is Very nice. I also own an even every other year condo there.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think any potential buyer would need to know the location of this week. I stayed there on a RCI exchange and got the worst room on the property. Ground floor overlooking the refuse cans. No air because no trade winds down there and we hated it. But we saw lovely units facing the ocean that got the full ocean breeze. Location, location, location is everything at this resort

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just realized this is a resurrection of an old thread. What's changed?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think any potential buyer would need to know the location of this week. I stayed there on a RCI exchange and got the worst room on the property. Ground floor overlooking the refuse cans. No air because no trade winds down there and we hated it. But we saw lovely units facing the ocean that got the full ocean breeze. Location, location, location is everything at this resort
Really??? What unit was that?

I think I know Point at Poipu pretty well, and I know where the refuse cans are. Since I've stayed multiple times in the building closest to the refuse bins I'm pretty certain there aren't any units overlooking the bins.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I think the trash is stored on the left side of the lobby entrance behind some screens. Four units in building 1 may have a view of that area. All the other units face away from the parking lot.

2013-01-22%2021-41-36_0001-L.jpg

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think the trash is stored on the left side of the lobby entrance behind some screens. Four units in building 1 may have a view of that area. All the other units face away from the parking lot.

2013-01-22%2021-41-36_0001-L.jpg

That's right, Art. The maintenance shop is located at the end of the parking lot that is next to Building 2, and the bins are located at the end of the parking lot next to the shops.

Until looking at the map I hadn't realized there were those four units that faced the driveway and in the direction of the shops. I think I just assumed that whole side of Building 1 was administrative offices.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's right, Art. The maintenance shop is located at the end of the parking lot that is next to Building 2, and the bins are located at the end of the parking lot next to the shops.

Until looking at the map I hadn't realized there were those four units that faced the driveway and in the direction of the shops. I think I just assumed that whole side of Building 1 was administrative offices.

I didn't know about those four units either, until I looked at the map. Thanks, to Google street view, I verified that they are really there. Those must be the four units that are assigned to tuggers that complain about DRI.

Poipu+entrance.PNG

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I didn't know about those four units either, until I looked at the map. Thanks, to Google street view, I verified that they are really there. Those must be the four units that are assigned to tuggers that complain about DRI.

Poipu+entrance.PNG

I think that at least one of them might be used for offices. I have a vague recollection that when I met with Jamie Shigeta one time, her office was located on a second floor, above the reservations area. If that memory is correct, that would mean her office is/was in one of those units.

The maintenance shops are under the sloped metal roof on the right side, and extend further into the uncovered area to the right of the roof. The bins are located still further to the right, beyond the right frame of the picture.

Since incoming exchangers are assigned to rooms after owner assignments are made, I can see that if exchangers who are assigned garden view units would likely wind up in one of these units if all of the other garden view units are assigned to owners.

Last edited:

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the maintenance fees per unit or is this a combined rate?