• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PeoplePC for dialup

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Any experience with PeoplePC for dial-up internet? I'm thinking of trading my MSN service for it.

I signed up this morning and it seems a bit faster if you're running a single screen and a bit slower if running two screens.

It's $5 a month cheaper, and an extra $5 off for the first four months.

There are more local phone numbers.

If nobody has an horror stories to share, I'll probably cancel my MSN.

Sheila

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to save a few bucks, my parents tried PeoplePC, being tired of AOL. My sons and I had tried to talk them into ATT-DSL (they won't subscribe to cable, so it's the fastest they could get) and after a bunch of problems with the PeoplePC dial-up, they finally went DSL and have been happy ever since.

Marty

Last edited:

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Marty,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a work laptop with a Skycard and I spend more time in hotels than at home, so I don't really need DSL. I only run into a time issue when I want to upload a photo or something. Usually the dialup is pretty decent.

I don't have cable tv either. I might be tempted by one of the many offers leading up to the HD conversion next year for combined cable and internet. Don't need phones, though, as I'm perfectly content with what I have.

Sheila

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Basic DSL from the phone company is so cheap these days, there's almost no reason not to have it (versus a dial-up account).

-David