• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pay Hyatt HOA with Hyatt Visa....

Panzerman45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT Residence Club
Club Wyndham Access 300k
Now that they want you to pay using a third party site....... if you use your Hyatt Visa card are you getting extra points like you are going thru Hyatt?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the start of this year there was a problem with that, a Bunch of folks complained, they resolved it. I received the balance of the points due about two months later. Not sure how it will play out when I go to pay the dues at the start of 2025.

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Breckenridge Grand Vacations, Hyatt Residence Club
I am a new HRC owner - weeks 12 and 14.

When are MFs typically due? When logging into the lounge this morning, I had a notification that MFs are due on Dec 4 for my week 14 contract.

Are MF due dates based on the week you own or does everyone pay at the same time?

I am surprised that the week 14 is showing first, but maybe that's because the closing for it wrapped up about a week earlier than my week 12 purchase?

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Week 17s at PP, and my MFs are showing due on 12/4 as well. I believe last year they were due at the end of December, but I generally pay them early to be sure I don't pay them late!

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that they want you to pay using a third party site....... if you use your Hyatt Visa card are you getting extra points like you are going thru Hyatt?
As Sapper noted, there was an issue in late 2023 and early 2024. However that was NOT due to payment through a 3rd party - it was the result of a different coding/naming of what the payment was for. Now that the coding of the payment has been corrected, the correct number of points will be issued when paying with a Hyatt card.

FYI: Moving forward, a 3% convenience fee will probably be added when using a credit card in lieu of a check or ACH to pay MF. For years there has been a "Credit Card Fee" line item in the MF that every owner pays. IE: When an owner uses a credit card to pay the MF, 3% of the payment is consumed by fees of the credit card company. To equitably recoup the lost 3%, some HRC properties are instituting the convenience fee for owners that pay the MF by credit card. If the "Credit Card Fee" line item at your property has decreased in this year's MF budget, expect the 3% convenience fee to be added to the MF amount when using a credit card.

Note that the 3% convenience fee most likely will not go into affect on MF credit card payments until January 1, 2025.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC Portfolio
I logged into mine and checked to see what might be due. I haven't received a letter or even an email telling me it's due, but there it is.

"To help reduce maintenance fees, there is a surcharge of $25.00 when paying by credit or debit card. This surcharge fee does not apply to ACH payments. Please check the box on the payment screen stating that you understand this fee and agree to the charges before processing your Credit Card payment. Not applicable to those residing outside the U.S."

I'm in the portfolio program, so YMMV. I've also never understand when these things are due. When I first signed up I had it in my mind it was going to be do in January but then it seemed to creep up a month every year and almost felt like it was due every 11 months. I'd have to go back and look at my records, but I swear this year it only moved up a few days, not a full month. $1050 for 680 points. At least some of this is getting offset with a payment from friends when go to PR for a week.

I guess if do the math, $25 for 4200 WoH points via the Hyatt Visa isn't terrible. There is a 5000 pt hotel I've stayed at a few times, assuming that hasn't changed either.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged into mine and checked to see what might be due. I haven't received a letter or even an email telling me it's due, but there it is.

"To help reduce maintenance fees, there is a surcharge of $25.00 when paying by credit or debit card. This surcharge fee does not apply to ACH payments. Please check the box on the payment screen stating that you understand this fee and agree to the charges before processing your Credit Card payment. Not applicable to those residing outside the U.S."

I'm in the portfolio program, so YMMV. I've also never understand when these things are due. When I first signed up I had it in my mind it was going to be do in January but then it seemed to creep up a month every year and almost felt like it was due every 11 months. I'd have to go back and look at my records, but I swear this year it only moved up a few days, not a full month. $1050 for 680 points. At least some of this is getting offset with a payment from friends when go to PR for a week.

I guess if do the math, $25 for 4200 WoH points via the Hyatt Visa isn't terrible. There is a 5000 pt hotel I've stayed at a few times, assuming that hasn't changed either.
In the HRC program, the MF due date varies by property - some are due in mid/late December, while others are due in early January. Expect the MF due date for all HPP owners is a single due date. The HRC properties will be looking to mitigate the "Credit Card Fee" - will be interesting to see what HPP does with the topic.