• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

On the Beach Puerta Vallarta

needtotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a resort, it shows amazing photos of this beautiful complex on the beach.....
When I press View resort it shows it amongst a bunch of buildings, no beach in sight.
What is going on?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I am looking at a resort, it shows amazing photos of this beautiful complex on the beach.....
When I press View resort it shows it amongst a bunch of buildings, no beach in sight.
What is going on?

Maybe it's because you spelled Puerto Vallarta wrong.

Bill

DRIless

Reaction score
Bill is correct, you spelt Puerto Vallarta rong. If you really wanted help you would have identified the resort such that those in the know could advise.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
@needtotravel Maybe it's because you were looking at resorts in the Caribbean, and Puerto Vallarta is on the Pacific coast.

What was the name of the resort you were looking at?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@needtotravel Maybe it's because you were looking at resorts in the Caribbean, and Puerto Vallarta is on the Pacific coast.

What was the name of the resort you were looking at?

I didn't notice this was the Caribbean area. Puerta means door so it doesn't make sense to me to add Vallarta to it.

Vallarta is the last name of Ignacio Vallarta. Puerto means Port. Puerto Vallarta is actually a Port named after Ignacio Vallarta who was a Governor of Jalisco and that's why it's called Puerto Vallarta. Before this it was called Las Penas which means the rocks.

Bill

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You mean Las Piedras.

I think so but the article from our resort in Puerto Vallarta calls it Las Penas. Penas means sorrows so I think the article is wrong and you are right. Nice catch !!!

Bill

The Historical Origins: What Does Vallarta Mean?​

You may wonder what Vallarta means in English. Still, it's hard to pin down, mainly because it is the last name of the former governor of Jalisco, Ignacio Vallarta. As an influential individual in Mexico's history, Vallarta made a name among citizens who admired his political endeavors and respect for the people.

In a significant act of respect and honor, the city changed its name from Las Peñas (The Rocks) to Puerto Vallarta in 1918. The Vallarta meaning in English is just that, the last name of an influential person. Puerto, on the other hand, means port, or a town with a harbor where ships can load and unload. Together, the Vallarta meaning in English is Port of Vallarta.

wmgjr

Reaction score
What is going on?
If youre referring to PVR Nayarit, Jalisco area Id suggest look somewhere else for a beach. Having left Vidanta's 4 bedroom, the Marriott Sheraton Buganvilias, and the Buganivilias timeshare next door, The beaches are terrible. thats why theyll only show them in photos from drones way above ability to see detail. PVR area was Filled with rocks both large and small. Even walking with shoes on was painful. Vidanta was muddy river water (but smooth sand no rocks). water not clear. you have to drive an hour north or an hour south to get a good beach. If you insist on going Id recommend Punta Negra if youre heading south. And Sayulita heading north. Very different experiences btw. Sayulita very populated but can get table service by restaurants. Punta Negra small, private, more visited by locals, wouldnt recommend patroning the shack/barn restaurant. Must be in shape to access this beach, since you are using the same entrance as locals, and the descent may be dangerous.
Wouldnt recommend that area for beaches but just 2 cents.