• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OMG! I got a ...

Marcia3641

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
visible week with my deposit I did the last week of December. I CAN'T BELIVE IT, I finally get to hang out with the "in" crowd and search the RCI database.:cheer: I hope it's a good trader!

Marcia3641

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. Don't know what kind of plan you have to use that week. But first do some search around places you can reach easily for say 2 year's span, so you know in the worse cases, which area around you is overbuild and you can always find something. Then look at say 14 days to 45 days around places you really really like to visit, you will get some feeling. You may need to search during weekend at very ealy morning.

Generic and visible has some differences in their pulling power, and it is not a fixed patten, but in theory, you only need 1 visible week for seach.

What week and places you got?

Jya-Ning

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully your visible was deposited more than 2 weeks in advance and will out pull a 28K generic.

My 70K visible pulls about as well as a 28K generic.

Good luck.

Stan

Marcia3641

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully your visible was deposited more than 2 weeks in advance and will out pull a 28K generic. Stan

I don't really get how this process works, I deposited this week through the on-line system the last week of December (and still can't believe I even got a visible week) and this is what the RCI site says. (Wyndham Branson 3294 00006 M232 4 / 2 12/09/2007). Does that mean someone already stayed there on that date. I also have 2 28K deposits and 2 70K deposits that aren't visible.

Marcia3641

Marcia3641

TUG Member
Reaction score
What week and places you got?

Jya-Ning

Not sure if I am answereing your question correctly, my account says (Wyndham Branson 3294 00006 M232 4 / 2 12/09/2007). I haven't decided on where I want to go as of yet, have to work around daughter's high school schedule. I liked it much better when she was in middle school because I didn't mind pulling her out of school to take vacations.

Marcia

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Branson 3294 00006 M232 4 / 2 12/09/2007

Marcia

That means they give you a week in Branson, the check in day is 12/09/2007. So you should be able to use it until 12/31/2009. The unit is M232. The place and week is usually the 1st factor that determine your trading power (what you can see and what you can get). Then you can ask the FF-RCI VC to see when it get deposit (the early it deposit to RCI, the better).

Since you have several generic week, so one way is when you do search, and find a place you want go, if there has a lot of availability, then you can call FF-RCI VC to ask them match using your deposit.

If there is not many deposit, then you use that week, and click on hold to hold that unit, and ask FF-RCI VC to switch that hold with your generic deposit.

Jya-Ning

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good grief.

You got assigned a deposit after the check-in date. So you have less than 2 years to use it.

Given this fact, it is certainly possible that WYN deposited this unit at the last minute or even used their "special relationship" with RCI to deposit it after the check-in date.

Perhaps that is how you got a visible deposit. It was the very lowest possible trading power and WYN got full point value from you.

(It's possible WYN deposited it a year or more ago and just got around to assigning it to you, but if that's the case, I've got a great NYC bridge I'd like to sell you.)

You could try a trade test by searching with this deposit and then call WYB to search with one of your generics.

Stan

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stan certainly get points. However, he has enough experienced to discount the value of this visible week. Or very likely, all of FF's visible deposit since 2005

For you, it does not matter, you are planning to use this week as first step of explored what FF generic can do, especially those low point deposit (28k). So too good a trading power may not help, since you may hold this week until it is very close to its life. You are not planning to use this week to get you an exchange to White House anyway.

Try to identify the overbuild area around you, and places where you can get cheap airline ticket, try to compare it with tug's sighting, try to do search after 1 am EST, and after RCI doing their weekly maintain, try to identify the RCI "flex" exchange period for the area you are interest (from 60 day to 14 days). So you can form your travel plan for next few years. And try to see if you can use your generic week to get it.

Put some of the generic week (especially 70k ones) on on-going search to area where after you look at you believe it is much hard to get area or time slot for at least 1 year period so you give it a chance to get some good benefits.

RCI will change its exchange rule from time to time, the exchanger will shift from time to time, but in the long run, it will pay you good divident once you put time on it.

Jya-Ning

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
It matters a lot about the trading power of a visible deposit. Even if you keep it until the end of its life.

An Extra Vacation search will probably show you the same inventory as a last minute visible and costs nothing.

If your visible pulls worse than a 28K generic, you will be able to see only units you could get with a 28K generic and not even all of those.

If you want anything remotely desireable, you will still have to do a search first or set up an ongoing search.

If you had a visible that pulled as well as a 70K generic, you'd be able to see almost anything that WYN RCI deposits can pull.

You current probably pathetic deposit might only see 10% or less of what's available.

Stan

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
It matters a lot about the trading power of a visible deposit. Even if you keep it until the end of its life.

Can't be, at 45 day, no trading power.

If you deposit to RCI and plan to get exchange to Disney Resort, since it does not deposit to RCI, trading power is no issue.:hysterical:

If you are looking at area like Orlando, Branson, Williamsburg. I doubt it is a big issue there.

If you are looking at bulk deposit, it depends on how RCI down grade the supply demand curve and if they have intentional block or not.

It will be an issue if you are looking at NE beach resort at Summer time. Or FL beach at Feb, or Ski resort at X'Mas.

It is not an issue if you are looking at hot place/hot time, and you don't put it to on-going search and you can not do on-line search most of the time. Just like you buy FF points at Mytel Beach, but you can not call at 8:00 13 month sharp for July 4th week. And I know a good % of owner don't do that.

It is not an issue if in next 2 years, you can not use it due to peresonal situation changes.

Whether the trading power matter and how much it matters all depends on what you plan to do with that week, whether you can actually do it or not, and the place/time you are looking if there is actually any deposit into RCI week exchange side or not.

Jya-Ning

By the way, of 2007, I don't believe I saw a visible FF-RCI stdio deposit has worthy trading power on paper, have you?

Last edited:

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even with a bulk deposit, you might not be able to pull it with a really miserable visible. You won't be able to use search first which would minimize the number of points it would cost you.

Also, you might only be able to pull the bulk deposit for 10 minutes vs. a few hours or days with a decent visible or a generic.

The 45 day window is another myth from the "good old days", now it's more like 14 days or even 7 days. Trading power may be relaxed slightly at 45 days, but there is no longer general availability for any deposit.

A year ago, I did a trade test which showed a better visible than that pulled barely as well as a 28K generic, even in high availability areas like all of Florida.

Good luck.

Stan