• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[OLD THREAD - 2013] Wyndham Party Weekends

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Has anyone done one of these before? I was considering one in San Antonio, but they weekend one was already booked up.

Curious on any feedback from anyone who has gone to one.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did one in San Diego several years ago. Plan on doing a final "group" sales meeting @ the end. It was a relaxing and fun weekend otherwise. Came away with nice gifts, "free" accommodations, a couple of mid-quality meals and good conversation with new people. If you're good with navigating the hard-push @ then end, go. Otherwise, wouldn't recommend.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Did one in San Diego several years ago. Plan on doing a final "group" sales meeting @ the end. It was a relaxing and fun weekend otherwise. Came away with nice gifts, "free" accommodations, a couple of mid-quality meals and good conversation with new people. If you're good with navigating the hard-push @ then end, go. Otherwise, wouldn't recommend.

Ditto that.
I did one in the Canterbury in SF. The main "gift" was watching a Giants game in a luxury box including all the food beer and wine I wanted. Plus there was a welcome dinner at the Canterbury. And 3 nights at the Wyndham Canterbury. Aside from the sales presentation that lasted less then the promised 2 hrs. The weekend was a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I crashed the Welcome Party once on Friday night. Very good drinks and appititizers. Seeing the owning couple and their good friend couple - all I thought was, "Will they all still be great buddies in a month?" A weekend LONG sales presentation!

PS They had flown specialized (and high closing) sales staff in from thru out the US. Slick and smooth - this is NOT your ordinary Owner's Update sales session for 90 minutes.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
A weekend LONG sales presentation!

PS They had flown specialized (and high closing) sales staff in from thru out the US. Slick and smooth - this is NOT your ordinary Owner's Update sales session for 90 minutes.

We didn't really get hit with the tedium of the sales part of it until the end, but we knew it was coming. And Linda's right, they bring in the top sales people. I took the "opportunity" to interview most of them under the guise of casual conversation to get their sales history, backgrounds and what resort sales offices they had worked in. Slick = chatty and they did plenty. It was amusing actually to observe the chest pounding. And there was useful information we obtained that we've been able to use to our advantage.

Overall, it wasn't miserable and we had a pretty fun time. Even got a rental out of it. We knew what was coming at us going in and navigated the sales part with no loss of $$. Would we do it again... Probably not. No time for that these days.

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I crashed the Welcome Party once on Friday night. Very good drinks and appititizers. Seeing the owning couple and their good friend couple - all I thought was, "Will they all still be great buddies in a month?" A weekend LONG sales presentation!

On the party weekend I was on, everyone there were owners, no guests. Yes I am sure they brought in there top sales closers. It was probably the most intense sales presentation I have been on. She wasted 2hrs of my time but I wasted 2hrs of her time too. Was it worth the 2 hrs for what I got that weekend? Absolutely. Even my wife, who hates the presentation, felt it was worth it. That said, if you have read my other posts, you see that I like the sales presentations. I guess I shouldn't put it that way. I wouldn't do them it they weren't paying me in some way to do them. And the party weekend is a pretty big payday for 2 hrs of work. And it is hard work. They are good at what they do. So if thinking about going into a high pressure sales presentation makes you sweat, don't go to a party weekend. However, the OP didn't mention if she was doing a point based party weekend which cost about 600k points per couple. Don't think that is worth the point cost.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Put it clear-er: I "gate crashed" the Friday Meet & Greet Party. I own Wyndham points and knew the resort. I was wondering what the goings on with the floosies riding the elevator with me - way too dressed and heavier than normal "Wyndham Guest" makeup. So, I just tagged along and chatted on as we went thru the "checkoff person". Additional (local) Sales Staff for the party - pretty girls. Very good drinks and appetitizers - so I hung out and chatted up the couples. When the sales staff working the party started to collect their assigned people for dinner at a nearby restrauant, I split, as did most of the "unassigned party girls".

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the goings on with the floosies riding the elevator with me......., I split, as did most of the "unassigned party girls".

We didn't have any of that at ours. Just a nice collection of Wyndham Owners -- mostly couples.

Maybe they do it differently in the SoEast. No gate crashers either. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I was looking at the cash purchase. They have some interesting weekend activities at some good prices. So I was intrigued.

I know I would have to put up with the high pressure sales presentation and only in some cases depending on what they are offering, it might be worth it.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I was looking at the cash purchase. They have some interesting weekend activities at some good prices. So I was intrigued.

I know I would have to put up with the high pressure sales presentation and only in some cases depending on what they are offering, it might be worth it.

I thought the guest services person in charge of the Party Weekend, who wasn't part of the sales staff, was great. She did everything possible to make the weekend fabulous for everyone. I got to talk to her a little. She loved her job. And her favorite part was organizing the party weekends.

rebels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to one of these is AZ a couple of years ago. We stayed in Goodyear at the 5 star Wigwam Resort. It was a great weekend with heavy snacks and drinks Friday night, breakfast Saturday morning and dinner, drinks and box seats at a Celine Deon concert.

But as others said be prepared to a major sells pitch that will last at least two hours and probably more.

Was it worth it? YES if you can say no.

lilpooh108

Reaction score
Ditto that.
I did one in the Canterbury in SF. The main "gift" was watching a Giants game in a luxury box including all the food beer and wine I wanted. Plus there was a welcome dinner at the Canterbury. And 3 nights at the Wyndham Canterbury. Aside from the sales presentation that lasted less then the promised 2 hrs. The weekend was a blast.

That sounds great actually. My husband would love that luxury box for a Giants game...

Are the offering anything for SF this year :D?

How would I find out?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
That sounds great actually. My husband would love that luxury box for a Giants game...

Are the offering anything for SF this year :D?

How would I find out?

I don't know, they cold called me. I am assuming they won't invite me again. Since I didn't buy.

djro

Reaction score
Are the Wyndham Party Weekends offered to Resale owners?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Are the Wyndham Party Weekends offered to Resale owners?
They are offered to anybody willing to put up with hours at a high pressure sales pitch. Note this thread is over 10 years old. Things change.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

I plan to do one at some point - our schedules just haven't aligned yet so to speak. They do have some attractive activities that seem worthwhile for the party weekends, hence our interest in eventually attending one, whether for cash or a combination of cash and points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
They are offered to anybody willing to put up with hours at a high pressure sales pitch. Note this thread is over 10 years old. Things change.
Thanks for calling this out - I modified the thread title to indicate it's an old thread from 2013.