• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OLCC Disaster!!

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
BassAngler said:
I had no intention of bringing my boat and such! However, 2 of the last 4 trips to Orlando I hired a Bass guide and fished Lake Toho. What a blast!!!

Bass....I just wanted to let you know, I've made contact with OL. I'll keep you informed. By the way.....I love bass fishing as well. Our private lake is stocked full of bass, blue gill, and croppie, and red ears! My brother say's I'm spoiled because it's like fishing out of a barrel, and not at all like fishing in the real world.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Thanks for posting this. I've seen so many posts about OLCC here. In my 25 years or more of exchanging, my trip to OLCC was one of the worst experiences ever. I will never go to that place again.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
timetraveler said:
They do, Jill.....LOL.....and trust me they are NOT quiet about it.

:shrug: I just can't figure it out though. You'd think in over 50 stay's that I would have encountered at least one of these complaints. But I have never seen hairs in the bathtubs/showers, or on the sheets, or experienced dirty sheets, walked into a single unit that was filthy and full of floor and furniture stains, or bug infested. I'm either one of the luckiest people alive or my vision is as bad as Mr. Magoo's. :hysterical:
Vickie;

Like you, I've been to OLCC a number of times (about 15) and I have stayed in all the villages but I have never came across any of these problems either.
The worst that I've seen has been the bathrooms in the basement of the clubhouse with the heavy use in the building. I spent 10 years working in a small hotel, so I do realize that dirty rooms do crop up. The worst story I've heard about cleanliness was in the WDW resorts (it was one of the budgets but I can't remember which one) with feces and such all over. Ugh! There are DVC members that go into their rooms and clean (disinfect) them before using them but I've always figure that these were people who were excessive about cleanliness as this hasn't been my experience at DVC either. The dirtest unit I have ever been in was at the VWL and it would be a major stretch to call it dirty. There was a small piece of paper left between the couch and a lamp. If you looked, you could find some dust in the washer/dryer closet. I believe most of the dirty units in the various resorts where there have been reports of unhappiness are exceptions not the rule. Unfortunately, given the large number of rooms at resorts such as OLCC, Vistana, Disney, a very small percentage is still too many. It doesn't matter where you are staying, the units should be clean.

xzhan02

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like owners and 3 br exchangers are happy, but 2 br exchangers need some luck !

shoney

Reaction score
I too was unhappy with my 2 bedroom exchange. We received no help at all from the onsite rci rep. She actually told us we should have went with our original exchange of Vistana Villages and should not have exchanged into OLCC (eventhough the rci rep at the time of reservation stated otherwise!)
When we arrived home I called RCI and told them of the situation. I received my week back so it wasn't a loss.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
My OLCC issues---lack of accountability/responsibility

Ok--one main issue that I saw---lack of follow-through from staff and no centralized maintenance.

minor issue--Mom is an owner and called 2 weeks ahead and requested tennis villas and explained that we have 70 yr old with bad knee and needed to be close to West complex--when we checked in, we were slated for Legends Dr. area in a high rise away from everything--they had no notes of any request (they had tennis villas and switched us at check-in) so we stayed at tennis villas and had a great time--

but here's what I didn't say
MAJOR ISSUE-----when we arrived, I noticed what appeared to be water damage in 2nd bath over shower. LAter, I heard dripping. My husband touched it and pushed his hand through the ceiling (drain pan from shower above leaking).
WE called (10 PM sat) and head of maintenance came right away---called immediately for another unit---but only a far-flung one was avail. b/c Easter week. WE loved our location, so he said he would have maint. there in AM to fix--which they did, no problem for the rest of the week.

Head Engineer was VERY upset that no maid had reported--and it had been that way for some time--so bad that it water was going into the kitchen ceiling and leaking thru the a/c vent (leak stopped when ceiling fixed).
OK---on top of that, our balcony door was so hard to open, and we were sure it would break off in the next week or so--again, a maid HAD to have noticed--you had to pry it open to get out---also, our firdge was missing the door tray, so you could put nothing in the door---again--how could a maid miss that???
And do they do ANY maint. inspections on the units? and how often? if OLCC is relying on the cleaning crew to tell them about issues, well, that is clearly not working!
Since parents are owners, they get decent units and we LOVE OLCC, but, as an RCI exchanger without owner status, I would not risk it, personally. I think they need to invest more in maintenance, esp. inspections.

shoney

Reaction score
I simply called RCI and explained the situation of my experience with Orange Lake.

After the explanation I was offered either
a. my exchange fee back
b. my week back (since my fixed week had passed at my home resort we were given an equivalent trader to what we owned)

or c. was to take neither and put a formal complaint in writing and ask for both my exchange fee and my week back with no guarantee of getting anything back.

For us, getting an another weeks vacation was satisfaction.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Good job, Shoney!

That would have satiated me. I would love to have gotten my week back. I should have complained longer and harder to RCI.

14th Med.Det

Reaction score
I guess I will jump on this too. There for 2 weeks over Easter,had minor issues ,but fixed right away. HOWEVER. one day when we walked to elevator(East villiage) we noticed a large set of keys in the door across from it (elevator). Housekeeping keys. of course with master keys to all the rooms. I waited a few minutes and no one came back for them, so I took them to guest relations. Response-- Oh they must belong to someone from housekeeping. Well DUH, that was unbelievable. Someone less honest than i could have cleaned the whole building out. 14th Med