• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceans 22 versus Anderson

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Trying to decide on which HGVC property in Myrtle Beach.

Would appreciate any feedback on Oceans 22 and Anderson.

Confirmed with Oceans 22 that guests staying there have free admission to a Wild Water & Wheels Water Park, a local water park.

Any similar perks at Anderson? For a family with young kids (5-12 years old) is one better suited than the other?

TIA!

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Anderson also has admission to that water park...as well as free mini golf and some other discounts/freebies.

We stayed at Anderson this summer, and did a tour of Ocean 22. Anderson was really nice--rooms are a little more traditional in decor. Ocean 22 is new and a little more modern/sleek. The biggest difference, I think is the pool area. The pools at Anderson were a little bit disappointing and kind of small. The "lazy river" was just a small oval. The pool at Ocean 22 appeared to have a lot more activity.

The beach is the same--really nice. Ocean 22 is a little closer to the Boardwalk area of Myrtle Beach, but it's walkable (not a short walk, really, but walkable nonetheless) from both properties.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Anderson Ocean Club Vs. Ocean 22

We have stayed at both properties and I would agree with OnenoteSamba's assessment. The properties are 5 blocks apart. Across the street from the Anderson Ocean Club is the mini-golf (I think that it is called the Lost Mine). You can obtain tickets from both properties for free mini-golf to this location. My family has always enjoyed using the free mini-golf at least once or twice during our stay.

Ocean 22 is located at 22th Ave North block and Anderson Beach Club is 27th Ave North block of North Ocean Blvd. The Broadwalk starts around the 15th block with the main activities beginning around the 11th block.

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oceans 22 gets our vote :)

We have stayed at both and prefer Oceans 22. We like the Oceans 22 décor and pool area better. To get to the pool at Anderson, you have to deal with the check in traffic (cars) which might be a concern to you with the little ones. If you can get a higher floor end unit at Oceans 22, the views are awesome!!
You should not be disappointed with either.

archsof

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anderson also has admission to that water park...as well as free mini golf and some other discounts/freebies.

We stayed at Anderson this summer, and did a tour of Ocean 22. Anderson was really nice--rooms are a little more traditional in decor. Ocean 22 is new and a little more modern/sleek. The biggest difference, I think is the pool area. The pools at Anderson were a little bit disappointing and kind of small. The "lazy river" was just a small oval. The pool at Ocean 22 appeared to have a lot more activity.

The beach is the same--really nice. Ocean 22 is a little closer to the Boardwalk area of Myrtle Beach, but it's walkable (not a short walk, really, but walkable nonetheless) from both properties.

Agree on the assessment. We call the Anderson Ocean club lazy river the "lamey river". If you want a pool experience, suggest Ocean 22. Also, Ocean 22 is 100% Hilton and newer. Not sharing common areas with permanent residents. I've experienced some surly owners from time to time @ AOC.