• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No rooms Super Bowl las vegas

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
I looked to see room availability for Las Vegas resorts for Super Bowl weekend Feb 9-12, 2024. All of the 2 and 3 bedroom units and many of the 1 bedroom units are booked for the 3 nights with availability before and after the weekend

My question is how the 2 and 3 bedroom inventory is gone for the 3 day period? Owners of the timeshare have a 9 to 12 month window but they need to book the entire week. So the entire week should be gone. Club season booking window is not open yet, so it is strange that the 3 day weekend is showing no availability, Any thoughts.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
interesting observation

especially because the resorts presumably have saturday or sunday arrival so the weekend is really split between two different home weeks. so for example if every sunday is gone so then should every week after, and if every saturday is gone so then should every week before.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Hilton dot com is sold out also, I could only see one Hampton Inn available.

There are some HGVC locations with rooms, your Boulevard resort is booked though. I can see rooms at Elara but obviously cannot make a club booking yet. I bet those will go fast, time to start walking?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I think the hotel chains may have set aside rooms for NFL. I looked on the Marriott site a few weeks ago, and there was absolutely nothing available. In previous years, like last year, I could see a few rooms on reservation sites such as Expedia for exhorbitant prices. Las Vegas itself is an added bonus with Superbowl there. I made a Marriott pts reservation for the weekend prior for the pre-Super Bowl activities, which I might cancel later. Nothing available for the Saturday and Sunday night. I can't afford to go to the game anyway.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
shouldn't explain the hgvc properties though

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I agree that it shouldn't explain a TS property since it is really owned by deeded owners. It sounds like HGVC is cherry-picking the rooms.

RHERNESMAN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kohala Suites, Tuscany Village
This is the same garbage we're dealing with for the F1 race. If you look at my change reservation screen you'll see I am booked through 11/19 on the bottom but the date range by unit doesn't acknowledge that. The system has a block on 11/17&18 which will not allow me to add another day and also blocked me on a different location reservation from walking beyond their block. There is no doubt in my mind what they are up to and it's 100% cherry picking and screw the owners. Anyone who is buying tickets for this event would be staying at least for 3 days if not more. Curious if anyone is getting blocked trying to book their home week for the bowl and what BS excuse CS is serving. Next time they try to swindle me for an update the reply will be sorry done doing business with HGVC shady. I don't mind losing battles to other owners for availability but when big brother corporate starts twisting the game and blocks all of us for their greedy benefit that pushes my buttons.

Attachments

• C68C3166-3F82-458B-908C-0D8888F71DE0.jpeg
    C68C3166-3F82-458B-908C-0D8888F71DE0.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 32

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my 3BDRM LO Marriott Grand Chateau reserved for Feb 9 -Feb 16 2024. I'm renting the 2BDRM section for 4 days but keeping the 1BDRM LO in case the NY Giants somehow, someway make it. If not I plan on renting the LO too.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, as soon as the NFL announce the Super Bowl location for 2024, you need to start looking and book your vacation time. LOL.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I suspect that Hilton Hotels arranged to get exclusive use, and then blocked them.
Yeah, it stinks.

I'd lodge a complaint (not that it'd change anything)...
Mark Wang, President & CEO - mark.wang@hgv.com
Derek De Salvia, Chief Customer Officer - I'd try derek.desalvia@hgv.com

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
IMHO, as soon as the NFL announce the Super Bowl location for 2024, you need to start looking and book your vacation time. LOL.

Yup. Book immediately. I do this with hotels very near popular concerts. I book the hotel as soon as the concert is announced, even before I have tickets...just in case. Here things can be cancelled for free, so the risk is less. With HGVC, unless one has the All In with bHC, there are fees, so this is something of a commitment. But that's often what it takes.

For me, a 1 week free subscription to whomever is broadcasting the game is sufficient :)

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I suspect that Hilton Hotels arranged to get exclusive use, and then blocked them.
Yeah, it stinks.

I'd lodge a complaint (not that it'd change anything)...
Mark Wang, President & CEO - mark.wang@hgv.com
Derek De Salvia, Chief Customer Officer - I'd try derek.desalvia@hgv.com
i'd really like nowaker or an attorney to weigh in. it does not appear one can explain the lack of availability by home week reservations. if i owned at this hotel and couldnt reserve my home week i'd be upset.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Home week or home season? That distinction may be how Hilton gets around blocking out that one week.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I got my 3BDRM LO Marriott Grand Chateau reserved for Feb 9 -Feb 16 2024. I'm renting the 2BDRM section for 4 days but keeping the 1BDRM LO in case the NY Giants somehow, someway make it. If not I plan on renting the LO too.

If it is like many people experience with Phoenix this year, Superbowl rentals aren't as lucrative as many people think. People were still sitting with unrented weeks just days before the event. EVERYONE else seems to have the same idea and thoughts of big riches renting their units and it simply adds a glut of supply.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
If it is like many people experience with Phoenix this year, Superbowl rentals aren't as lucrative as many people think. People were still sitting with unrented weeks just days before the event. EVERYONE else seems to have the same idea and thoughts of big riches renting their units and it simply adds a glut of supply.

Akin to the Y2K room rental crash.

Cheers.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I have two home weeks in Vegas to sell during Super Bowl, if you're interested. ;) (I'm looking to make a big buck on this, given all hotels are full!!

Last edited:

Mcduck

Reaction score
I do have to say that Diamond seems to be in charge at HGVC, ever since the merger I have noticed more aggressive phone calls about updates in vegas and orlando. I often travel for 3-4 nights at a time for work and use bonus time and points. The value of the weeks has dropped and inventory games are taking place often. I once thought highly of my timeshare now I feel its headed to westgate and diamond territory. We just gave away one week and have 1 week in the club and our home resort in sanibel. I am hoping they dont drive me to dump my other week.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at the Elara and tried to make a Home Week reservation for either the Grand Prix or the Super Bowl weeks. I have a platinum week and was told that I couldn't make a reservation because both those time periods are gold weeks!

I had thought that owning a platinum week meant I could reserve any week (1-52) that I wanted but that was incorrect.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I own at the Elara and tried to make a Home Week reservation for either the Grand Prix or the Super Bowl weeks. I have a platinum week and was told that I couldn't make a reservation because both those time periods are gold weeks!

I had thought that owning a platinum week meant I could reserve any week (1-52) that I wanted but that was incorrect.
Not with your home week. You can book any week during the club season, but you can only book what you own in the home week booking window. If you own platinum, that’s what you can book during the home booking window.

I hate that salesman tell half truths and don't correct when a prospective client is understanding something not correct.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

If you click on the points chart in the reservation system for Elara it shows you the platinum and gold weeks.

1678331092429.png

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's spelled out pretty well in the rules, and repeated often here.
Home Week can only be in the season you own, the same size/class, using all points for that year, and checking in on the resort's weekly check-in day. I have never once, in 15+ years, made a HW booking. I've always found something satisfactory using Club bookings.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
This is the same garbage we're dealing with for the F1 race. If you look at my change reservation screen you'll see I am booked through 11/19 on the bottom but the date range by unit doesn't acknowledge that. The system has a block on 11/17&18 which will not allow me to add another day and also blocked me on a different location reservation from walking beyond their block. There is no doubt in my mind what they are up to and it's 100% cherry picking and screw the owners. Anyone who is buying tickets for this event would be staying at least for 3 days if not more. Curious if anyone is getting blocked trying to book their home week for the bowl and what BS excuse CS is serving. Next time they try to swindle me for an update the reply will be sorry done doing business with HGVC shady. I don't mind losing battles to other owners for availability but when big brother corporate starts twisting the game and blocks all of us for their greedy benefit that pushes my buttons.
I ended up catching a RCI exchange to get in on the F1 race At the Holiday Inn Club. But games like this and other games make me feel like they are acting more like Diamond which gives me reason to definitely pause any additions, and even look at moving on to another system for primary usage.

SkiBeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
interesting observation

especially because the resorts presumably have saturday or sunday arrival so the weekend is really split between two different home weeks. so for example if every sunday is gone so then should every week after, and if every saturday is gone so then should every week before.
The check in for home weeks in Vegas is Friday for all HGVC.

SkiBeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it is clear there are rooms being cherry picked by someone or some entity.