• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

News from Embarc about HGVC

Bill4728

Reaction score
Here is a letter I just got from Embarc

Dear Embarc Members,

Since Hilton Grand Vacations’ acquisition of Diamond Resorts on August 2, 2021, Embarc became part of the HGV family. Although the acquisition was recent, the relationship between HGV and Embarc is not new. The previous partnership between HGV and Intrawest was one of the motivating factors behind the acquisition of Diamond and with it, Embarc. We would like to take this opportunity to provide you with several updates since the acquisition.

Resort Visits
At this time, HGV’s due diligence team continues to visit and evaluate Embarc properties. Feedback from these visits has been overwhelmingly positive. In fact, recent reviews have shown that the product quality, services and amenities at our Embarc resorts align closely with HGV’s high brand standards. As a result, HGV proposed to the Embarc Board of Directors to rebrand all Embarc resorts as Hilton Grand Vacations properties, which the board approved on September 15, 2021. We believe the rebranding will bring an enhanced vacation experience to all.

Rebranding Plans
The rebranding project includes two aspects. First, adding the Hilton Grand Vacations brand to each resort’s name, including signage and collateral. Second, ensuring all facilities and services meet the HGV brand standards through each property’s ongoing management. Both aspects were included in the “Naming and Branding Agreement” approved by the Embarc Board of Directors. It is also important to note that although HGV is an independent publicly traded company, there is a long-term agreement with Hilton. This means that all HGV brand initiatives and changes are subject to final approval by Hilton.

Regarding costs, main rebranding expenses such as signage, collateral and other requirements to initially meet HGV’s brand standards will be paid by HGV, while the ongoing cost to maintain the brand standards will be an association expense covered by Embarc Members, including the developer. These ongoing costs are normally part of the reserves portion of each resort’s budget, as well as planned renovation and refurbishment programs at each property.

Future Benefits
In addition to rebranding all Embarc resorts, options are being evaluated to provide Embarc Members access to HGV properties and HGV Club Members access to Embarc resorts. As final details are available, including program access fees and costs, we will share these with you. The aim is not to change your existing Embarc Member benefits; rather, add new offerings to enhance your membership and vacation experience.

Finally, rebranding of Embarc properties will be a multi-year, phased effort. As resorts are rebranded, we will share existing updates with you along the way. We would like to emphasize that access to your timeshare will remain the same and you will receive the same level of service you’ve come to enjoy.

We look forward to the opportunities becoming part of the HGV family brings and can’t wait to see what’s in store for Embarc Members.

Best wishes,
Your Embarc Board of Directors

So Embrac owners may become HGVC owners not a "lessor" owner of DRI - HVC

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
And in the US that gives HGV a few spots they didn’t have in Palm Desert and the FL panhandle. I’d like to check out the Vancouver property once Canada fully opens.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's very exciting news! So much considering a HGVC resale now as things shake out of the merger.....Debating on buying where I want to go (HHI) or just the best MF/pt for my goals (Vegas.) Decisions, decisions....

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This is promising news. Hopefully we will all have club points access to each portfolio and it won't cost more than a reservation fee. Fingers crossed!

FWIW...So far HGV is moving a lot faster than MVC is with integrating Vistana. It's been 2 years and counting and so far only II priority exchanges.

I surmise however that because Embarc and HGVC had a points affiliate exchange relationship prior to the DRI acquisition, that some integration in the systems and processes already existed so not as hard as it would be for MVC with Vistana which needed to start from scratch.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
This is promising news. Hopefully we will all have club points access to each portfolio and it won't cost extra. Fingers crossed!

FWIW...So far HGV is moving a lot faster than MVC is with integrating Vistana. It's been 2 years and counting and so far only II priority exchanges.

I surmise however that because Embarc and HGVC had a points affiliate exchange relationship prior to the DRI acquisition, that some integration in the systems and processes already existed so not as hard as it would be for MVC with Vistana which needed to start from scratch.

I also think keeping the majority of the 2 systems separate will be a big factor in reducing the time it take to integrate. Isn’t MVC trying to totally merge Vistana into MVC?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Loved Sandestin (exchange) and always wanted to go to Zihuat, so I am excited to see what happens.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We enjoyed the relationship of CI and HGVC when they used to be associated. We weren't happy about the sale of CI to DRI Hopefully this is really good news for Embarc owners.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
We enjoyed the relationship of CI and HGVC when they used to be associated. We weren't happy about the sale of CI to DRI Hopefully this is really good news for Embarc owners.
I think the feeling is mutual on the HGVC side also for both of your points. I know for me personally it is. I was able to send my son and new daughter-in-law on the honeymoon to CI ZIHUATANEJO over 7 years ago (using that association). They loved it and stated that we go. Of course, then DRI bought CI and that was the end to that.

I am also hoping that the two systems can be beneficially & fairly merge together. I think the two system compliment each other, IMO.

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I new it! I saw this one coming. I think this is great news for Embarc members, they rid themselves of Diamond (and hopefully HGV very quickly dumps the Diamond employees that they inherited), and they gain the strength of a respectable hotel company that has some relationship with the timeshare company that it sold naming rights to.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
And in the US that gives HGV a few spots they didn’t have in Palm Desert and the FL panhandle. I’d like to check out the Vancouver property once Canada fully opens.
Canada fully reopened to USA visitors in August. I live in Whistler, Embarc has been packed with USA and Canadian folk, and now that ski season has started book way ahead!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Excited about this as HGVC owner, especially Zihua and Whistler - but how hard to get in to at 9 months (club season) and points required will make or break this.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When Embarc was an affiliate of HGVC we were able to make a Whistler reservation for mid-December. We were new HGVC owners at the time so didn't know about booking at midnight 9 months prior. We found availability but this was pre Christmas so on the edge of shoulder season. The snow coverage was good that year. I don't recall what availability looked like after the new year.

Last edited:

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Years ago, we were able to call HGV to exchange to IntraWest in Whistler during winter ski season. We were so disappointed when DRI bought IntraWest. Now we are looking forward to be able to exchange into IntraWest again. I checked HGV website. Not in there yet. Guess has to call like in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Years ago, we were able to call HGV to exchange to IntraWest in Whistler during winter ski season. We were so disappointed when DRI bought IntraWest. Now we are looking forward to be able to exchange into IntraWest again. I checked HGV website. Not in there yet. Guess has to call like in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be awhile. I wouldn’t think anything would be available to book till after the new year, probably later.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC also used to have a direct exchange arrangement with Club Intrawest. We stayed at CI Palm Desert in 2010 using DVC points. The arrangement was dropped when DRI bought CI.