• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie, potential purchase of multiple CWA contracts.

djro

Reaction score
I am looking to potentially purchase two separate CWA contracts that total around 200k points. From what I understand CWA MF per 1000 points tend to be higher than Wyndham Select. This would be our first time buying into any contract; What cost per 1000 is reasonable or how do I know it's excessive?

Also, Looking for advice from the Wyndham experts on pros/cons of CWA.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I don't think there's any benefit of CWA really. It just tends to cost more in MFs. I guess the purchase price can be negative, in that someone may pay you to take it. Select at least is usually just very cheap.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I don't think there's any benefit of CWA really. It just tends to cost more in MFs. I guess the purchase price can be negative, in that someone may pay you to take it. Select at least is usually just very cheap.

Well, the ability to ARP into a bunch of resorts is a benefit. The question is whether it is a benefit worth paying for.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Well, the ability to ARP into a bunch of resorts is a benefit. The question is whether it is a benefit worth paying for.
I didn't know if that transferred with resale.. Suffice it to say I don't think it's a benefit worth paying for at this time anyway.

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found it beneficial since we were tied to a school schedule. I have encountered situations where room size and type are not available without the ARP.

We are no longer tied to a school schedule and will be traveling off season. I will be letting my CWA go once I complete the purchase of a resale contract.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
please define ARP
The ability to book reservations at the resort where you own thirteen months before check-in, rather than at ten months before check-in.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
please define ARP
1720789515323.png

ARP is only accessible based upon your contract type. For CWA - ARP is available at all participating resorts in the trust where the trust actually contains deeds for the resort in question. Wyndham often states that you have ARP at 70+ resorts with CWA - and while this is technically true - what really matters is how many deeds the CWA trust actually holds for the resort in question that you may want to book into within the ARP window. Some resorts have a large percentage of deeds held within the CWA trust, other resorts have a very small percentage of deeds held by CWA, with the vast majority held as CWS contracts. This is why it's important to determine which resort(s) within CWA you're most interested in using ARP to book into, and then ask Wyndham for the most recent POS (Public Offering Statement - this is the bible for what the CWA trust actually owns) and look up how much inventory for your chosen resort(s) is actually held by CWA as a whole. I've seen in the past where someone purchases CWA contracts, but cannot book into the resort using ARP for the room size they want - this is often because of the type of inventory that CWA actually holds for that resort. When booking into the ARP window using CWA (or any other contract type), you can literally only book inventory that's actually held by the trust. So for example, let's say you're trying to book a four bedroom Presidential unit in Clearwater in ARP using CWA - and you cannot find anything for the dates you're looking for - that's because the CWA trust doesn't hold any inventory for a four bedroom Presidential unit within your chosen date range. This is a very explicit example, but it's worth pointing out exactly how ARP booking works for those who may not understand - you don't get ARP to all inventory (you get no/zero access to all CWS ARP inventory in other words) - you only get ARP to the actually subset of inventory actually held by the trust.

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
As mentioned above CWA is helpful if you need to travel during peak times and want to visit different places.
How are you planning to use the points (where and time of year)?
For 200k points the maintenance fee difference is not that much.

WManning

Reaction score
If ARP is needed CWA might be worth paying higher maintenance fees. ARP is not necessarily needed if your travel plans are flexible.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If ARP is needed CWA might be worth paying higher maintenance fees. ARP is not necessarily needed if your travel plans are flexible.
Happy that we agree on this.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is another argument for ARP. It may not be something one NEEDS for their vacations, but it can provide a lot of peace of mind. It is much nicer to grab something at 10AM at 13 months rather than try tonplay the atomic clock game at midnight at ten months.

Even in situations you don’t NEED to do this it can be worth the reduction in stress. It’s vacation and timeshares are a toy. It’s okay to treat them that way.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is another argument for ARP. It may not be something one NEEDS for their vacations, but it can provide a lot of peace of mind. It is much nicer to grab something at 10AM at 13 months rather than try tonplay the atomic clock game at midnight at ten months.

Even in situations you don’t NEED to do this it can be worth the reduction in stress. It’s vacation and timeshares are a toy. It’s okay to treat them that way.

Indeed. One big benefit to this is it makes it easier to get airfare using points. I often find there's points availability for saver type points tickets at 11 months but not 10, for example.

WManning

Reaction score
Indeed. One big benefit to this is it makes it easier to get airfare using points. I often find there's points availability for saver type points tickets at 11 months but not 10, for example.
This is exactly my experience with Southwest, more points are needed as the seats are sold. On some occasions points needed drop when they need to fill seats. Supply and demand in a free market. I liked United when points needed never changed. The super saver offers cutting points by 50% for 1st class and coach were hard to beat.