• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Polynesian DVC hint

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is building a 'new construction' building with 1BR and larger villas at Poly on the site of the (permanently closed) Spirit of Aloha dinner show. DVC hasn't said anything about whether or not this would be part of the existing Poly resort (in the way that Kidani and the new VGF studios were added) or a new resort.

BUT...as I was digging deeper into the increase in volume and price of DVC ROFRs, it hit me that DVC is no longer ROFRing Poly. In the face of the increase in ROFR at other resorts this leads me to believe that DVC is allowing their inventory of Poly to dwindle because they know a whole bunch more is on the way. Obviously just conjecture...YMMV.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
So no studios at all? I would “maybe” consider selling one of my BWV contracts for this, but not at a ridiculous price per point. And only if it is separate from the other Poly. No desire to subsidize those bungalows. Have over 300 points at BLT though....so don’t need another MK resort. Will be fun to watch the progress though.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So no studios at all?
To my knowledge, no dedicated studios (like BLT, OKW, etc.). There are rumors of a few 2 person 'Tower Studios' like Riviera. Another reason Poly+ makes more sense as an addition to Poly than as a new resort. But no actual news yet...

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would “maybe” consider selling one of my BWV contracts for this, but not at a ridiculous price per point...
I'm very happy with my BLT ownership so no interest for me as well. However, if they build a new (or converted) DVC at Yacht Club I may be unable to resist...;-)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I'm very happy with my BLT ownership so no interest for me as well. However, if they build a new (or converted) DVC at Yacht Club I may be unable to resist...;-)
Oooh, are there rumors about that one? I would love that for us. I think Disney already hit its high price point for a while. The prices will head back down with the economy downturn. Just my guess.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oooh, are there rumors about that one?...
Rumors...but it's been a while. More recent were the rumors of a new Disney/DVC resort next to the monorail entrance to EPCOT...but that seems to have gone away with the building of Riviera. Since VGF and Poly are next (and both MK)...the expectation is for whatever comes after that to be in the EPCOT/HS area.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Love my BLT too, especially the one bedrooms....and it’s usually just the two of us. We now save points by getting standard or lake view....we’ve been in some really not great theme park views, and now we would rather stay longer.
I just realized I don’t need to think about buying at a new resort since all my points are grandfathered in. Yacht and Beach would be cool though.
There is a nice piece of land behind Soarin’ in Epcot. I personally feel that they need another park...not more resorts right now.
When you look at the google map, satellite view, behind the Yacht Club there is a big solar panel field. It makes me smile, as it is a big hidden Mickey.
I guess Reflections is way, way back on the shelf now.