• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New owner to be - lots of questions

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, I just went into contract to become a new resale ($0) owner at HGV at Las Vegas Strip (Blvd) - 2BR / 8000 points (Gold). It comes with free 2024 use. I am a MVC and Worldmark owner and dipping my toes into HGV. I have been reading the stickies but there is only so much that I can understand so I am going to ask a few dumb questions:

- How long does the transfer take?
- If the transfer runs into Jan 2025 I think I can pay a fee (about $400) to bank 2024 points into 2025, is that correct?
- How long are banked points good for?
- Once I pay the club fees, can I book at any HGV resort? How far out before it's opened to me to book at a non-home resort?
- Can I borrow from the following year?
- Is deedback still well and alive? I would hate to own something that I cannot give back to the developer.

Our thoughts are that once we get the hang of HGV and if it works for us, we will acquire another 3 to 4 contracts, hopefully in the platinum season, and get rid of our Worldmark contract.

Is there anything that I ought to know about HGV?

Thank you!

ABCTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Congratulations on your deed! I can answer some of your questions and I'll leave the rest to the others.

-Yes you can pay to save your 2024 points and you'll want to do that ASAP when you get access to the account.
-The banked points are good for the next calendar year, so in this case 2025.
-You can borrow from the next year so in your case you could use 24,000 points in 2025.
-You can book at any HGVC resort starting 9 months out (Club window) and the NYC and other Hilton Club resorts have shorter windows.

I think HGVC's site is easy to use and manage your points and once you are on there and play around with it you'll easily figure out how it works to make bookings.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I am asking the seller to save 2024 points, will those be transferred when the sale closes? Thanks!
Yes.

Look in the stickies for this group at the club rules and other tips, they will help you get started. Also look at the HGVC portal guide to see how to use the system.

Look at #6 and the attachment on this page,

Welcome to the party!

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you! I have been reading... and reading... and reading. :) Thank you for the excellent information. It is just too much for me to absorb with each reading.
Yes, it is a lot at first. Once you get into it, it will make more sense

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Yes, it is a lot at first. Once you get into it, it will make more sense
I'm still waiting for that point where it all makes sense...sigh...

But, yes, it will make much more sense in short order. The inscrutable nuances are, realistically, less important.

Cheers.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm still waiting for that point where it all makes sense...sigh...

But, yes, it will make much more sense in short order. The inscrutable nuances are, realistically, less important.

Cheers.
I have been doing this for over 20 years and still learn things so you don't stop learning but the system side does get easier

dblezard

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land 1BR
I am asking the seller to save 2024 points, will those be transferred when the sale closes? Thanks!
When you get the estoppel document, it should show that the 2024 points are saved to 2025, so you have a way to confirm it happened.