• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New owner rethinking my decision

rcizek

Reaction score
Just bought in 12,000 credits for 22 grand. Now I’m home doing my own research and not liking the reviews. Also they said my credits could get me 2-3 weeks of vacation for a family of 4 and now I’m realizing that’s not true. I think I’m reading that you can cancel within 5 days and I’m still within that time period. They also showed me all inclusive resorts that I’m not finding on their website. Is this program really worth it. If I do the math it looks like it would take close to 16 years for it to be worth it. Right now I can’t see the benefit of being locked into this. Any advice?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know about Worldmark, but if you are still in the rescission period of your contract, best advice is to rescind. You only get one chance to do that. Once the rescission period is up, you are stuck.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
12,000 WM credits is enough so you can book 1 week at a premium resort during a prime time of the year (e.g. winter for a ski destination or summer for a beach destination). You should rescind. If you purchase on the resale market, you can buy 12,000 WM credits for under $3000. One WM resale broker I can recommend and have used in the past is Charlotte at Surefire Vacations.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Rescission is the correct answer; you can buy the same thing on the resale market for a fraction of the cost.

Follow the rescission instructions exactly, including the method by which you send it. Best practice is to also send it by a method that generates a proof of mailing. It is the time of mailing that matters, not the time of receipt. Everyone who signed the purchase documents must sign the rescission letter. Reference the contract number if you can. You don't have to give a reason.

rcizek

Reaction score
I haven’t received a contract number or reference number. I will try calling them tomorrow. Thank you for the help.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I haven’t received a contract number or reference number. I will try calling them tomorrow. Thank you for the help.
Calling does nothing. You must follow the instructions in the contract or paperwork you were given. When exactly did you sign the papers? If you only have 5 days time is precious to you right now.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Three comments:

#1. I bought 12K WorldMark credits on eBay for $1500. You paid more than $20,000 too much.

#2. Rescind. Do it now. Do your research, then buy what really fits your life. Resale market has the same thing for pennies on the dollar. (See my Comment #1.)

#3. Good luck!

Dave

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
If you don't have a reference number, just send a copy of the contract you signed.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did they give you a copy of the paperwork on the way out the door? Even if they didn't, just providing your name and address should be enough to rescind. Though if you have a copy of the contract, send an additional copy along with the letter.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The only advantage to buying from the Developer (Wyndham) is the ability to Book directly into Wyndham (formerly Worldmark) South Pacific - Australia and New Zealand. So if you are not planning on traveling Down Under it is best to buy resell. We have been Down Under 4 times in 10 years. You might want to find WMOWNERS web page. It is by Owners for Owners. There are Accounts for sale at reasonable prices. With Resell you will have access to all 90+ Worldmark Resorts including Fiji.

They probably showed you RCI Resort Access. Yes RCI has a number of AI Resorts. Book only 45 or 60 days (I forget which) in advance through RCI and you can any sized unit for 4,000 WM Points.

rcizek

Reaction score
Calling does nothing. You must follow the instructions in the contract or paperwork you were given. When exactly did you sign the papers? If you only have 5 days time is precious to you right now.
I signed on Friday at 1 pm. I think the 5 days starts the day after you sign. I’m going to send my letter tomorrow

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I signed on Friday at 1 pm. I think the 5 days starts the day after you sign. I’m going to send my letter tomorrow
You have one day left basically. Good luck. Whoever signed the contract must sign the letter and send it to the address listed In the paperwork, not the sales office

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
@Grammarhero, here’s another rescission for the database. Cost in first post.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek

Send it through certified mail and keep the receipt for your records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Smart move to rescind. Don't even think twice about it; just RESCIND, and RESCIND now. You only get one bite at the rescission apple!

BE SURE any buyer who signed the contract to purchase also signs the contract to rescind. Sent it via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL and retain the original postmarked mailing receipt for your records.

Welcome to TUG.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Be sure to follow the instructions for rescission exactly as shown in your paperwork. The key to rescinding is to have proof that you did it in time. Your receipt from the post office for certified mail is your receipt. It doesn't matter when they receive your letter--it just matters that you mail it within the rescission time frame. Be sure everyone who signed the purchase agreement also signs the rescission letter. The letter can be as simple as saying "I'm exercising my legal right to rescind." Don't call the sales office. Just get that letter mailed ASAP.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I would be sending emails, faxes and the registered letter to all of the corporate offices if I didn't have an official address on my paperwork.

Bill

rcizek

Reaction score
Be sure to follow the instructions for rescission exactly as shown in your paperwork. The key to rescinding is to have proof that you did it in time. Your receipt from the post office for certified mail is your receipt. It doesn't matter when they receive your letter--it just matters that you mail it within the rescission time frame. Be sure everyone who signed the purchase agreement also signs the rescission letter. The letter can be as simple as saying "I'm exercising my legal right to rescind." Don't call the sales office. Just get that letter mailed ASAP.
I got it done and payed close attention to details. Thank you for the help

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yay. You are smart to research right away. Glad you listened.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I would rescind. That's way too much to pay. It's a good product, just buy resale. We really like our WM.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Just bought in 12,000 credits for 22 grand. Now I’m home doing my own research and not liking the reviews. Also they said my credits could get me 2-3 weeks of vacation for a family of 4 and now I’m realizing that’s not true. I think I’m reading that you can cancel within 5 days and I’m still within that time period. They also showed me all inclusive resorts that I’m not finding on their website. Is this program really worth it. If I do the math it looks like it would take close to 16 years for it to be worth it. Right now I can’t see the benefit of being locked into this. Any advice?
Congrats! Now be patient and wait for the right opportunity on ebay. I got 14,000 annual points and 26,000 banked points for $1100. Took about 3 months to close.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Good for you! You have made the absolute best decision. I didn't pay that much for 46,000 WorldMark credits. Bought resale.

sherakay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs
Congrats! Now be patient and wait for the right opportunity on ebay. I got 14,000 annual points and 26,000 banked points for $1100. Took about 3 months to close.
May I ask 'when' you were able to snag that great of a deal? Recent auctions seem to be going at .20/credit