• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Owner Question about Wyndham Club

sj128skater

Reaction score
I just purchased a Wyndham timeshare on eBay. It says it comes with "Club Wyndham access". What exactly does that mean and what do I get with this "club"? Is there a required fee for this access each year? The unit I bought is a fixed weeks unit, so no points included. I haven't been able to find out how much the "club access" will cost with a weeks unit and not points. My main reason was to use the timeshare as our home base, but trade if we wanted on RCI and also use RCI for the extra vacations and last minute deals. I'm very familiar with RCI but not Wyndham. I'm assuming I don't get the automatic RCI membership like others do because of the type of purchase, and i'm ok with that. Do I have to continue in this "club" if I don't intend to use it? Not really looking for VIP status or all those other statuses I've seen listed but can't remember the names of, definitely have to do more research on that... Thanks for any advice!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham Access doesn’t have any fixed week deeded ownership.
If you bought a converted fixed week to Wyndham points you can drop it from the Wyndham points program and go back to just the deeded fixed week.

To be any more help we need to know what you actually bought

Last edited:

Adventureisoutthere

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they meant “access” to club Wyndham resorts at 10 months? Would be helpful to seek the listing verbiage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
We definitely need to know more details about the listing, because right now Club Wyndham Access and a fixed week without points are a Venn diagram without any overlap. One of them has to be inaccurate.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Wyndham timeshare on eBay. It says it comes with "Club Wyndham access". What exactly does that mean and what do I get with this "club"? Is there a required fee for this access each year? The unit I bought is a fixed weeks unit, so no points included. I haven't been able to find out how much the "club access" will cost with a weeks unit and not points. My main reason was to use the timeshare as our home base, but trade if we wanted on RCI and also use RCI for the extra vacations and last minute deals. I'm very familiar with RCI but not Wyndham. I'm assuming I don't get the automatic RCI membership like others do because of the type of purchase, and i'm ok with that. Do I have to continue in this "club" if I don't intend to use it? Not really looking for VIP status or all those other statuses I've seen listed but can't remember the names of, definitely have to do more research on that... Thanks for any advice!
Did you buy the Sea Gardens fixed week from Vacations Properties For Less?
If you did ignore where it says Club Wyndham Access. You bought a fixed week that has nothing to do with CWA
You will not be paying any MFs for or towards Wyndhams points program fee.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
As Braindead and paxsarah said, more information is needed to identify exactly what it is that you did buy. Don't feel bad sometimes the resellers don't get the details straight in their listings so your confusion is understandable.

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club

Find out specifically what you own. Researching will become easier and you won’t have to digest a ton of information while 87% of it doesn’t even apply to you.

IF YOU BOUGHT A FIXED WEEK:
That means whichever resort it is at and whichever week of the year, that is the time you own. You can convert it to points for $2395 (that’s the fee assessed on this type of conversion and at times you may hear a new developer point purchase is required). You have access to RCI with your resale purchase at no additional costs other than the .56¢/1000 you pay in Program Fees. If you convert it to points you can still use RCI but now the points you have are more flexible than a fixed week.

IF YOU BOUGHT CLUB WYNDHAM ACCESS:

Club Wyndham Access (CWA) is point based (points are more flexible than weeks) and gives you priority booking (priority booking is any reservation made 10-13 months out) at a specific amount of resorts allocated in the CWA Trust.
98918750e4c886443f69d0b1d5cee062.png

Either type of ownership, you still get to do what it sounds like you are mostly concerned about: Utilize RCI. Ignore the “Club” part of the name. Even if you purchased a single deeded property it’s still called CLUB Wyndham Select. You’ll be able to deposit your week/points into RCI and exchange through their system. Per exchange there’s a fee of $239. You still get access to Last Calls and all that too.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
You have access to RCI with your resale purchase at no additional costs other than the .56¢/1000 you pay in Program Fees.

If this is truly a fixed week there would be no program fee nor included RCI account. The owner of a fixed week is on the hook for their own RCI membership if they want one.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know hindsight is 20/20, but if OP is savvy enough to post here and not buy retail, shouldn’t OP have been asking these questions BEFORE purchasing?

sj128skater

Reaction score
Did you buy the Sea Gardens fixed week from Vacations Properties For Less?
If you did ignore where it says Club Wyndham Access. You bought a fixed week that has nothing to do with CWA
You will not be paying any MFs for or towards Wyndhams points program fee.

Yes. That's what I needed to know, thank you! For now we intend to use the week as is, summer in Florida every year, so we wanted a fixed week and no points. We will be looking to buy another timeshare either with points or weeks simply as a trading property, so I will definitely do more research into how Wyndham works before we buy another Wyndham property. Thanks for the info!

sj128skater

Reaction score
Either type of ownership, you still get to do what it sounds like you are mostly concerned about: Utilize RCI. Ignore the “Club” part of the name. Even if you purchased a single deeded property it’s still called CLUB Wyndham Select. You’ll be able to deposit your week/points into RCI and exchange through their system. Per exchange there’s a fee of $239. You still get access to Last Calls and all that too.

If this is truly a fixed week there would be no program fee nor included RCI account. The owner of a fixed week is on the hook for their own RCI membership if they want one.

Good to know. We really didn't want "access" to another "club" since we plan on just using this week as is. If and when we decide to start trading this property we might consider converting, not sure it's worth it to save on RCI membership fees. I've read that once you join with them they often call and give you great deals on extended membership, so we will see. We've been trading as a family with RCI for over 30 years, but I mostly use the guest certificates when I wanted to travel without the owners of the timeshare. This is really helpful, thanks!!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Yes. That's what I needed to know, thank you! For now we intend to use the week as is, summer in Florida every year, so we wanted a fixed week and no points. We will be looking to buy another timeshare either with points or weeks simply as a trading property, so I will definitely do more research into how Wyndham works before we buy another Wyndham property. Thanks for the info!

Just to make sure you understand you will pay maintenance fees and if you own at Sea Gardens they are likely on the high side.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF YOU BOUGHT A FIXED WEEK:
You can convert it to points for $2395 (that’s the fee assessed on this type of conversion and at times you may hear a new developer point purchase is required)
We’ve discussed this here at great lengths and I believe this incorrect. Especially incorrect on resale weeks.

You have to make a developer purchase to convert a fixed or float week to Wyndham points. No one has posted otherwise since Voyager was introduced.

Furthermore if Wyndham can tell you bought the week resale. Wyndham will not convert the week even with a developer purchase.
You’re stuck with a week that cannot be converted to points at this time.

That’s why you now see unconverted Bali Hai and Shearwater weeks at very low prices on eBay.
If you could convert those weeks for $2,395.00 we wouldn’t of ever discussed using PICs towards VIP tiers

Last edited:

sj128skater

Reaction score
We’ve discussed this here at great lengths and I believe this incorrect. Especially incorrect on resale weeks.

You have to make a developer purchase to convert a fixed or float week to Wyndham points. No one has posted otherwise since Voyager was introduced.

Furthermore if Wyndham can tell you bought the week resale. Wyndham will not convert the week even with a developer purchase.
You’re stuck with a week that cannot be converted to points at this time.

That’s why you now see unconverted Bali Hai and Shearwater weeks at a very low prices on eBay.
If you could convert those weeks for $2,395.00 we wouldn’t of ever discussed using PICs toward tiers

I'm perfectly ok with that, I have no plans to change to points. We specifically wanted a weeks property and not a points, so I think this will work for us. I just want to make sure we don't have to pay extra fees to Wyndham to be in the "club" when we just want to use the timeshare each year.

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club

Pretty positive I’m about to do that in a few weeks. I’ll let you know how it goes.