• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Hyatt Program - Jaunts?

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get this email? I checked online and saw nothing mentioned about this program,

-TJ

Introducing Jaunts​

By Heidi Ekey
Longer days, warmer nights, and suddenly summer is here. There’s even more for you to look forward to thanks to Jaunts, a new travel benefit available exclusively to many Owners.
This new benefit is available via your Owner Clubhouse. It allows you to book reservations at select resorts within 60 days of arrival — for a reduced number of points.* Jaunts can help make your summer — and fall, winter, and spring — better than ever. You deserve time away. And this is the perfect opportunity to disconnect from the stresses of an always-on world and reconnect with those who matter most.
Visit The Clubhouse, use your new benefit, and get ready to relax. Vacations with extra flexibility for less. What could be better?
Find available Jaunts for 3, 4, or 7 nights. This offering is available to those with Vacation Ownership Interests in the Hyatt Residence Club Portfolio Program using eligible Portfolio Points.
Check back often because available options update regularly and inventory will vary by resort and villa type.

Examples of Jaunts​

3 Nights​

For as few as 90 Portfolio Points or 190 Portfolio Points if the stay includes a Saturday

4 Nights​

For as few as 120 Portfolio Points or 220 Portfolio Points if the stay includes a Saturday

7 Nights​

For as few as 310 Portfolio Points

* Jaunts must be booked on the Owner Clubhouse. Only stays listed under the Jaunts tab are offered at the reduced number of Portfolio Points. The number of points for stays through Jaunts is subject to change. Availability will be limited and varies by resort, villa type, and check-in date. Only select accommodations become available through Jaunts. Some resorts may never be part of the program.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
This is for Portfolio owners only.

I received the email, even though I am not a Portfolio owner.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jaunts was rolled out to HVC / Welk in March, but resale owners are not eligible. Perhaps the PP cost of the jaunts are an indication of future conversion rate.

3 Nights
For as few as 15,000 Platinum Points

4 Nights
For as few as 20,000 Platinum Points

7 Nights
For as few as 35,000 Platinum Points

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
This is similar to programs that Marriott and Vistana offer. It provides some good deals on short notice at select resorts that have available inventory. Unfortunately only portfolio owners have access to it.

Best regards.

Mike

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Wonder why there are any portfolio vacancy's at all? It is such a fantastic program. :shrug:

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder why there are any portfolio vacancy's at all? It is such a fantastic program. :shrug:

Since HPP has access to HRC inventory within 6 months, i suspect they will be able to drain our HRC inventory at a reduced rate within 60 days. :mad:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Since HPP has access to HRC inventory within 6 months, i suspect they will be able to drain our HRC inventory at a reduced rate within 60 days. :mad:
Just to clarify first. I am a no to portfolio, and do not approve of the methods Marriott uses to manipulate week owners. HPP is said to have an equal amount of weeks to cover the points that they sell. The corproate "sell" to HRC is that in exchange for letting HPP into our weeks, HRC gets access to the HPP inventory. Now insert what the sales folks say...LOL. (18 months..when HRC have not even gained acces to the next years weeks.) If HPP uses 10000 points to gain access to HRC units and HRC uses 5000 points to gain acess to HPP units, how much $$$ does HPP compensate HRC?

rdc

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Marriott” sales person I spoke too earlier last year was not a fan of the Hyatt week/point system and the goal was to try to covert as many weeks into portfolio as possible. If I understand the comment above, that HRC inventory could be “drained” 6 months out at a lower rate for HPP…, that’s is concerning and seems unfair?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
“Marriott” sales person I spoke too earlier last year was not a fan of the Hyatt week/point system and the goal was to try to covert as many weeks into portfolio as possible. If I understand the comment above, that HRC inventory could be “drained” 6 months out at a lower rate for HPP…, that’s is concerning and seems unfair?
Isn't it just that HPP is utilizing the exchange company to book these reservations the same way that weeks based owners can use CUP? When HPP owner makes a reservation inside that 6 month window, it is forgoing its inventory to facilitate that reservation. So HPP is turning some inventory over to the exchange company that can also then be booked by weeks based owners. The HPP has the same usage rights to CUP as a weeks based owner does.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that this will not only be Portfolio units, but also any legacy units available within the timeframe as well. It’s just another way to give Portfolio an advantage over legacy owners. The legacy owners will still have to pay the full amount of points for those units while Portfolio gets the reduced price.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't it just that HPP is utilizing the exchange company to book these reservations the same way that weeks based owners can use CUP? When HPP owner makes a reservation inside that 6 month window, it is forgoing its inventory to facilitate that reservation. So HPP is turning some inventory over to the exchange company that can also then be booked by weeks based owners. The HPP has the same usage rights to CUP as a weeks based owner does.

And I suspect that in most cases. the HPP inventory turned in is inferior to the HRP inventory booked by HPP. That is based on HPP mostly having inferior inventory.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Just make sure you don't end up in LCup now as there will be lots of competition for 60 days out

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Just make sure you don't end up in LCup now as there will be lots of competition for 60 days out

LCUP was never a good place to be. And now they've found a way to make it worse.

We still haven't hit deal-breaker levels of annoyance with this new system. But they are clearly trying.

rdc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree, but on the surface it just doesn’t seem quite right that one group can get bookings at a lower points level. Is the rational that they paid significantly more than the weekly owners?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I'm assuming that Maui will not be part of Jaunts

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have portfolio points and can verify they do or do not have discounted access to HRC inventory? I ask because my guess is they only have access to HPP inventory using this “Jaunts” reduced rate. If you read the text carefully, they never state anything about HRC inventory being available, and do state ”Some resorts may never be part of the program.”. It is also an interesting way to show an increase in the usage / demand of the horrid Portfolio Program (only making HPP inventory available).