• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVCI Increased Exchange Bonvoy Points for Weeks

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Seems like a pretty good acknowledgement of the way Marriott devalued Bonvoy points right in front of us. Now Marriott Vacation Club comes to us and want our weeks for points. So long Bonvoy, I've moved on to better programs and I'm not coming back. Could it be that they will give us more points and then just increase the number of points on the points spend side - I've seen this before.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Seems like a pretty good acknowledgement of the way Marriott devalued Bonvoy points right in front of us. Now Marriott Vacation Club comes to us and want our weeks for points. So long Bonvoy, I've moved on to better programs and I'm not coming back. Could it be that they will give us more points and then just increase the number of points on the points spend side - I've seen this before.
We have a winner!

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,

I absolutely understand how you feel and why you feel that way.

Been with the Bonvoy Rewards program since it was called HGA (Honored Guest Rewards). The most attractive exchange option for my the Monarch when I purchased Marriott resale in 1996 was the 130K HGA for my MF of under 400. 130K was enough for 7 nights at any Marriott in the world. in 2001, 420,000 points or little more than 3 years MF of around $1500 got me a travel package that included 4 round trip tickets anywhere in the world AA or AA partner flew plus two 7 day hotel stay. We did a week in London. week in Paris and 8 days driving around Spain. The value was at least 3 cents a point probably more. Second best use of points to me was the points for Southwest companion offer which was great when you have a hub close by. In December my wife and i may be going to the Marriott in Grand Cayman. 265K pointsaver use for 7 nights saving a cost of $2800 give or take.

The devaluation was a drip, drip, drip before just opening up the valve from time to time the last 7 years. The points are no longer a motivation. I have peaked out with lifetime platinum status so night stays is not a motivation to me. I still see value in room upgrades, lounge access , free breakfasts and my IBM retirement discounts. When I think of moving to another loyalty program, a line from the Al Pacino movie "A Scent of a Women" comes to mind "I am too old, I am too tired".

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also too old, and I am also too tired to learn another loyalty program .
To AlmostRetired your post was 100% on target for an old man. IMHO