• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVCI Increased Exchange Bonvoy Points for Weeks

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Interesting, thought a lousy exchange. MVCI increase the exchange for Bonvoy points for summer Monarch from 130K per year to 195K per year. I believe this has been done at all resorts. This was posted on a Monarch FB group and the person confirmed it when the exchange was made.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We've already used our 2025 usage, so I don't think there is a way for me to check if anything changed for our weeks.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Interesting, thought a lousy exchange. MVCI increase the exchange for Bonvoy points for summer Monarch from 130K per year to 195K per year. I believe this has been done at all resorts. This was posted on a Monarch FB group and the person confirmed it when the exchange was made.
That’s gotta be close to a penny a Bonvoy point, when compared to MFs, right? It’s not great, but it’s not terrible, and it’s a lot better than it was.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw in a Facebook group post that someone posted their Aruba Surf Club week increased as well, but I don't remember the specific values

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've already used our 2025 usage, so I don't think there is a way for me to check if anything changed for our weeks.
Yeah...I'm waiting for 1/1/25 to see what changes (if any) there are for my weeks.

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your week was enrolled through a trust points purchase does it qualify to convert to bonvoy points?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If your week was enrolled through a trust points purchase does it qualify to convert to bonvoy points?
If enrolled it is eligible. Unenrolled resale weeks aren’t.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Do we know if Vistana weeks will undergo this update also?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If enrolled it is eligible. Unenrolled resale weeks aren’t.
Actually, any week purchased directly from MVC is eligible to be traded for Bonvoy Points whether it’s enrolled or not.

Not that I imagine there are many such weeks out there now that enrollment is free for weeks purchased before 2010.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Actually, any week purchased directly from MVC is eligible to be traded for Bonvoy Points whether it’s enrolled or not.

Not that I imagine there are many such weeks out there now that enrollment is free for weeks purchased before 2010.
I think you'd be surprised. People come here all the time not knowing that enrolling pre 6/2010 weeks is free. Also, many choose not to enroll as they don't feel there are benefits of points and never trade.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I do understand that. The person seemed to be asking about resale weeks since they indicated they enrolled via purchase of trust points. The rules are slightly different for enrolled resale weeks vs weeks purchased directly from MVC. Direct purchases can sometimes convert to Bonvoy every year. It depends on the ownership. Enrolled resale weeks can't do that, they only have the option of every other year. That is if it is implemented the way the rules read.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Enrolled resale weeks can't do that, they only have the option of every other year. That is if it is implemented the way the rules read.
As you have posted in the past, technically the docs state an enrolled resale week cannot be converted to Bonvoy points in consecutive years. I realize this is splitting hairs vs every other year, but in my mind every other year would be an inflexible Able, Not-Able, Able, Not-Able, where non consecutive gives you more flexibility as it could be Yes, No, No, Yes, or it could be Yes, No, Yes, No, as examples.

That said, who knows if the system can/does limit the election as per the docs.

Last edited:

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you have posted in the past, technically the docs state an enrolled week cannot be converted to Bonvoy points in consecutive years. I realize this is splitting hairs vs every other year, but in my mind every other year would be an inflexible Able, Not-Able, Able, Not-Able, where non consecutive gives you more flexibility as it could be Yes, No, No, Yes, or it could be Yes, No, Yes, No, as examples.

That said, who knows if the system can/does limit the election as per the docs.
I have some weeks which are EOY and some which are every year, they sold the every year ones as "points generating machines" back many, many years ago. I haven't been able to do Yes, No, No Yes with the EOY ones.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
@dioxide45 If I trust my spend tracking spreadsheet, then it says I did 2012, 2015 and 2017 with an "EOY" week, but after that the weeks were enrolled so I can't see from that data. My spreadsheet isn't designed for that level of accuracy, so its quite plausible the data is off by a year.
The history in my MVC account doesn't go back far enough for me to verify, unless you know how to find those records and can let me know, or if there is a way in my Bonvoy account.
Got to love a TUG challenge........

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
I have some weeks which are EOY and some which are every year, they sold the every year ones as "points generating machines" back many, many years ago. I haven't been able to do Yes, No, No Yes with the EOY ones.
Resale purchased or Developer purchased?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Developer, no Bonvoy trading with resale, unless they are subsequently enrolled or retro'd
I get that. I asked because the consecutive vs EOY convertible discussion was about resale enrolled weeks, where because of the enrollment, Bonvoy conversion was added back. It’s likely the developer purchased weeks, if sold as EOY convertible to Bonvoy are treated differently.

Last edited:

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not for all resorts for 2025 usage. Manor Club and Royal Palms are unchanged.

I know the Bonvoy values have increased for new purchases.
So far existing Aruba owners and some properties on HHI have reported increased BonVoy exchange value by 50%. IMO it’s areas where Marriott Inc. hopes to increase inventory for cash bookings.